WHY is the DJIA crashing?

Obama must have just finished giving one of his "hoo-rah" shovel-ready green jobs speeches somewhere.

The Capital Market don't like when little Boys try to do the work of real men. Obama got what he wanted, the uninterrupted ability to fill his spending crack pipe until the end of his one term

Well...
Quarter 1 GDP was downgraded to near 0% growth.
Quarter 2 GDP was downgraded to 1.3% (it will fall further)
Manufacturing numbers are NOT good.
Consumer spending is at a 2 year low.
Planned lay-offs are at a 16 month high.
Unemployment numbers are climbing.
Today it was announced that America's debt is now equal to 100% GDP - and our failed elected officials increased spending while calling it a spending cut...and set up a committee.

...and your asking why???

Last edited:
Didn't they say it was absolutely positively necessary to increase the debt ceiling in order to prevent this exact outcome?

Well...
Today it was announced that America's debt is now equal to 100% GDP - and our failed elected officials increased spending while calling it a spending cut...and set up a committee.

Really I was waiting for someone to blame it on GWB
Except for my 401K I am out
great points

Id say the banks ran out of the QE2 money they got that nobody was in the mood to borrow
so they threw it at the stock market instead.

Give the Banks QE3 money to throw at the stock market, and raise the minimum wage to a
billion dollars and when do i finally get my hover car they promised!?!

I could go on butt why bother welcome to Darwinism!

:clap2:

Well...

Really I was waiting for someone to blame it on GWB
Except for my 401K I am out
great points

Well Hell.

We all know its still all Bush's fault. That goes without saying.

You don't honestly think Barry and company are gonna take the blame for anything do you??

Good to see that 8537 is still gulping the Kool Aid.

What's happening right now is what happens when you ignore the obvious. You cannot continue to enact entitlements that are unfunded without causing an economic meltdown. The debt ceiling "compromise" that was just passed was a complete...and utter...JOKE. Rating agencies have been warning us that we need to cut spending in amounts approaching 4 trillion dollars to keep from having our bond rating down graded and our "leaders" agree to cut a fraction of that? And then they scratch their heads because the markets plummet? HELLO!!!! IS THERE ANYONE LEFT IN WASHINGTON THAT HAS A CLUE?

Didn't they say it was absolutely positively necessary to increase the debt ceiling in order to prevent this exact outcome?

Its a mess
We have one of the largest oil finds in this countries history and our president has been telling the GOP house that there budget is no good
He sit and made the GOP re write there own budget until he got what he wanted
Jobs?
hell all he has been worried about was printing more bonds, he got what he asked for and what we got in return is the same thing we got in 09
nothing
Its become sad

I know why the market is crashing. I think its time the liberals face this mess they have put us in and stop pretending that this is something we inherited

Its a mess
We have one of the largest oil finds in this countries history and our president has been telling the GOP house that there budget is no good
He sit and made the GOP re write there own budget until he got what he wanted
Jobs?
hell all he has been worried about was printing more bonds, he got what he asked for and what we got in return is the same thing we got in 09
nothing
Its become sad

I know why the market is crashing. I think its time the liberals face this mess they have put us in and stop pretending that this is something we inherited

If raising the debt limit was crucial to avoiding the bloodbath we have witnessed SINCE the dopes acquiesced, then imagine how bad it would have been if they hadn't dumped us so much deeper into debt.

:doubt:

Chancellor of the Exchequer: "The biggest danger to the world's economy is RW fanatics in the USA."

Thank you, RW fanatics- the rest of the world thinks you're nuts- and you've been blocking EVERYTHING- even your own ideas- since 11/2009...Ugly 'Merican MORONS- Silly tools of the greedy mega rich Pubs. Going WAY down, 2012. Perry/Bachmann Pffffft! tyvm

Last edited:
Now, now, all Our Kenyan President has done is to move things along a little more quickly than they might otherwise have moved. The buy signal is a Dow at 7500. Even Obama can't get us there immediately.

Anyone remember the popular definition of insanity?

Federal Reserve won't save stocks and economy -- The Buzz - Aug. 4, 2011

The Fed can't (and shouldn't) save the day
By Paul R. La Monica @CNNMoney August 4, 2011: 2:26 PM ET

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- News flash for harried traders! The Federal Reserve may have two mandates. But placating Wall Street isn't one of them.

Yes, stocks are continuing their, to quote Tom Petty, free fall out into nothing. The Dow was down more than 400 points at one point Thursday afternoon. And yes, the economy seems to be losing steam -- especially the job market.

Still, several experts said that the worst thing the Fed could do is overreact and launch a third round of bond buying.

This so-called quantitative easing, which investors have already dubbed QE3, may do little to help what ails the markets and economy. It might even make things worse.

Market strategists pointed out that the last round of QE2 (Born: November 2010, Died: June 2011) was one factor that helped lift oil and gas prices earlier this year. That's because anytime you essentially print money to buy debt, you are devaluing your currency...

Forum List

Back