Why is Romney having such a hard time nailing down the nomination?

I'm gonna laugh my ass off tomorrow if I find out that the frothy Santorum took out Mittens in a state SHAPED like a mitten!
9% counted, Sancto ahead. Don't know from what areas of the state.

Really? Because I have 33% counted with Romney ahead by a bit.

Of course, I dont know if they are factoring in the western half of the state, which may support Santorum more.
Latest I've seen 41.1 ROMNEY, 38, Sancto.

Mitt's doing great! Especially after tonight's wins in Michigan and Arizona. After Super Tuesday he should have this thing wrapped up.

Mitt's doing great! Especially after tonight's wins in Michigan and Arizona. After Super Tuesday he should have this thing wrapped up.

All I am going to say is that under truth in advertising laws, he should have run as a Democrat. :D

Immie

He is. Super Tuesday is around where McCain wrapped it up in 08. Another reason I can't quite understand why everyone seems to think Mitt is behind schedule if he is going to wrap it all up.

Of course, I still havent made a decision on Romney or Santorum yet. Im taking a much more let's wait and see approach than back in 08. I learned alot about elections and mostly about me then.

BTW they have projected Romney the winner of Michigan. I believe we are all owed 10,000 something from sealybobo. How much you want to bet he never pays up?;)

So you don't think his continual gaffs have something to do with it?

"I like to fire people."
"The trees are the right height in Michigan."
"And my wife drives a couple Cadillacs"
"I have some good friends that are NASCAR...team owners."

You got to admit, he does have a way with words. I still think that most in the GOP are looking for someone to come out of nowhere. You better watch out for Newt. He just got another big check from Las Vegas and Georgia has more delegates than Michigan and Arizona combine. He is gearing up for the big push!

I'll bet you 10,000 Mitt doesn't win Michigan today.

Looks like you're wrong.

"I like to fire people."

You got to admit, he does have a way with words. I still think that most in the GOP are looking for someone to come out of nowhere. You better watch out for Newt. He just got another big check from Las Vegas and Georgia has more delegates than Michigan and Arizona combine. He is gearing up for the big push!

Looks like you're wrong.

Im sure that's not the first, nor the last time he will hear that.

"I like to fire people."

Looks like you're wrong.

I know, and I'm calling bullshit. How with all our support did Santorum lose? HOW? I think the GOP establishment has decided long ago they are going to run Romney and Michigan was a must win. Would be too embarrassing for Romney. And how could they possibly steal the election in 2012 and say Romney won if he didn't even beat Santorum. Rick Snyder is going to play the role of Katherine Harris or Ken Blackwell in November and steal Michigan.

This was also another reason the GOP sent all those manufacturing jobs overseas. A lot of those middle class people left the state when their jobs went overseas. Detroit went from 2 million residence down to 700K.

Michigan has always been 50/50 Blue/Red, but right now they control the Governors office and both state houses. This is their time to steal the state for the GOP. Florida did it in 2000 and Ohio in 2004. Sure we have Levin and Stabinow but they don't control the secretary of state, Snyder does.

And Mitt is going to be your nominee.

No fucking way he won Michigan.

"I like to fire people."

Looks like you're wrong.

By the way, you do know I was kidding, right? The 100,000 bet thing was one of the dumb things Romney said that he didn't have on his list.

This is bullshit!!! He did not win Michigan!!!! He's in Novi right now. That's one town over from me. He's in my backyard!!! This is rigged!

Looks like you're wrong.

I know, and I'm calling bullshit. How with all our support did Santorum lose? HOW? I think the GOP establishment has decided long ago they are going to run Romney and Michigan was a must win. Would be too embarrassing for Romney. And how could they possibly steal the election in 2012 and say Romney won if he didn't even beat Santorum. Rick Snyder is going to play the role of Katherine Harris or Ken Blackwell in November and steal Michigan.

This was also another reason the GOP sent all those manufacturing jobs overseas. A lot of those middle class people left the state when their jobs went overseas. Detroit went from 2 million residence down to 700K.

Michigan has always been 50/50 Blue/Red, but right now they control the Governors office and both state houses. This is their time to steal the state for the GOP. Florida did it in 2000 and Ohio in 2004. Sure we have Levin and Stabinow but they don't control the secretary of state, Snyder does.

And Mitt is going to be your nominee.

No fucking way he won Michigan.

Shrill sealy is shrill.

779324-the-shrill-scream-ii.jpg

Romney to win Michigan and Arizona, CBS News projects

2012_romney_120228_620x350.jpg

CBS News early exit polling showed that Arizona and Michigan primary voters were primarily concerned with picking a candidate that can defeat President Obama.

Among the issues they care about, voters said the economy is the most important.

When it comes to electability and handling the economy, exit polling showed Michigan voters have the most faith in Romney.

Romney to win Michigan and Arizona, CBS News projects - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Thank you, Jesus! :eusa_pray: :lol:

Romney wins Michigan and Arizona

Mitt Romney will win the Michigan primary, CNN projected based on exit polls and partial returns, giving him a sweep of two contests Tuesday vital to his campaign for the Republican presidential nomination.

Romney also is the winner in Arizona, according to the CNN projections, providing new momentum for the former Massachusetts governor in his bid to be the Republican candidate against President Barack Obama in November.

In Michigan, Romney was ahead with 41% to 37% for Rick Santorum, 12% for Texas Rep. Ron Paul and 7% for Newt Gingrich, with 74% of unofficial returns counted.

The state's 30 delegates will be allocated on a proportional basis, and Romney and Santorum each won three so far, according to the returns. However, it was unclear who would win the most Michigian delegates, which are based on congressional districts.

Romney's victory in Arizona, where exit polls showed him getting 43% to 28% for Santorum, gave Romney all of the state's 29 delegates in the winner-takes-all primary. Trailing well back were Gingrich and Paul.

Romney wins Michigan and Arizona - CNN.com

I just don't know how we are going to back Romney. I like the man.

Not being horrid here, but cripes. The left and Obama are going to have a hey day with him having something like 150 plus great grandmothers or that they baptised in death Marilyn Monroe and Adolf Hitler. Let alone Tim McVeigh and Ted Bundy.

Oh shit. Dead in the water.
Toast, we are toast. I think it's just been reported that they baptized Princess Diana as well.

Forum List

Back