Why is Romney having such a hard time nailing down the nomination?

Because less than a handful of states have voted and we dont usually have a nominee until after people vote.

Seems simple enough to me. Not sure why people presume we are going to have a nominee before people vote.
Too many trying to second guess people's attitudes.
MASS communication; we see & hear so much, we move into events not yet happening.

So you don't think his continual gaffs have something to do with it?

"I like to fire people."
"The trees are the right height in Michigan."
"And my wife drives a couple Cadillacs"
"I have some good friends that are NASCAR...team owners."

You got to admit, he does have a way with words. I still think that most in the GOP are looking for someone to come out of nowhere. You better watch out for Newt. He just got another big check from Las Vegas and Georgia has more delegates than Michigan and Arizona combine. He is gearing up for the big push!

Why are you lying about what he said about firing people? Does his real statement get in the way of your bullshit?
Statements 2 & 4 are not offensive even if actual quotes. I agree statement 1 was taken out of context. Statement 3 might irritate some people but all the candidates are UPPER income Americans.

"I like to fire people."

You got to admit, he does have a way with words. I still think that most in the GOP are looking for someone to come out of nowhere. You better watch out for Newt. He just got another big check from Las Vegas and Georgia has more delegates than Michigan and Arizona combine. He is gearing up for the big push!

I don't understand your point...

"I like to fire people." You and everyone else know damm well what he meant.
"The trees are the right height in Michigan." You are making a big deal over this....
If I was returning to my home town I might have said the air smells better here....
He made a dumb joke I guess.
"And my wife drives a couple Cadillacs" Ok...not the best thing to say.
"I have some good friends that are NASCAR...team owners." So he knows people....

No critique on his past record in government.
This is what people are focused on.... Geez....

And I can't believe I'm sticking up for him....but c'mon people... :evil:

He didn't actually say "I like to fire people". He said "I like to be able to fire people"... and I agree with him. If someone is an incompetent ass, or steals from me, or breaks the law while working for me... I'd like to be able to fire them too.

"I like to fire people."

Why are you lying about what he said about firing people? Does his real statement get in the way of your bullshit?
Statements 2 & 4 are not offensive even if actual quotes. I agree statement 1 was taken out of context. Statement 3 might irritate some people but all the candidates are UPPER income Americans.

Statement 1 is not 'out of context'.... he didn't fucking say it. He said, and I quote "I like to be able to fire people". There is a massive difference between that statement and the lie that the poster quotes him as saying.

"I like to fire people."

I don't understand your point...

"I like to fire people." You and everyone else know damm well what he meant.
"The trees are the right height in Michigan." You are making a big deal over this....
If I was returning to my home town I might have said the air smells better here....
He made a dumb joke I guess.
"And my wife drives a couple Cadillacs" Ok...not the best thing to say.
"I have some good friends that are NASCAR...team owners." So he knows people....

No critique on his past record in government.
This is what people are focused on.... Geez....

And I can't believe I'm sticking up for him....but c'mon people... :evil:

He didn't actually say "I like to fire people". He said "I like to be able to fire people"... and I agree with him. If someone is an incompetent ass, or steals from me, or breaks the law while working for me... I'd like to be able to fire them too.
Good form I like firing companies that deliver less than what they advertise as well.

If Mitt Romney loses Michigan tonight,

Chris Christie will be having a grapefruit for breakfast tomorrow.:lol:

I proclaim this to be the "Outstanding Post of the Thread!" and therefore award you the Oscar of Jockularity.

NY, please keep your acceptance speech under three minutes. Thank you

Because less than a handful of states have voted and we dont usually have a nominee until after people vote.

Seems simple enough to me. Not sure why people presume we are going to have a nominee before people vote.
Too many trying to second guess people's attitudes.
MASS communication; we see & hear so much, we move into events not yet happening.
So WHY do the politicians do it? The Media?

I proclaim this to be the "Outstanding Post of the Thread!" and therefore award you the Oscar of Jockularity.

NY, please keep your acceptance speech under three minutes. Thank you

Shame you didnt use the same quality for your own posts.

Statement 1 is not 'out of context'.... he didn't fucking say it. He said, and I quote "I like to be able to fire people". There is a massive difference between that statement and the lie that the poster quotes him as saying.
True, he also made the statement in the context of poorly performing employees.

"I like to fire people."

I'll bet you 10,000 Mitt doesn't win Michigan today.

10,000 what? Because I highly doubt you have the money.

And Newt is waiting to slap Mitt around in Georgia. This is getting to be better than a Soap Opera! Not that I like soap operas.

At this point in the process four years ago, the received wisdom was still that Hillary was going to be the nominee.

The received wisdom is invariably wrong.

Wrong. Why did you say that? Why did you make me look that up?

RealClearPolitics - Election 2008 - Democratic Presidential Nomination

You people are annoying with your ignorance.

Graph from your link In late february, Early March Obama was winning votes but the talking heads were still insisting Hillary could pull it off till May She thought she owned the super delegates.
!bs.png

Last edited:
I'm gonna laugh my ass off tomorrow if I find out that the frothy Santorum took out Mittens in a state SHAPED like a mitten!
9% counted, Sancto ahead. Don't know from what areas of the state.

Really? Because I have 33% counted with Romney ahead by a bit.

Of course, I dont know if they are factoring in the western half of the state, which may support Santorum more.

Gross... I think I would rather kiss a slug.

Good lord, I hate grapefruit! That was the one thing I hated about spending the night at my grandmothers. Every morning she had grapefruit for breakfast and we were supposed to eat it too and I think we were supposed to like it.

Immie

Forum List

Back