CDZ Why is prostitution illegal?

"The scale effect of legalized prostitution leads to an expansion of the prostitution market, increasing human trafficking, while the substitution effect reduces demand for trafficked women as legal prostitutes are favored over trafficked ones. Our empirical analysis for a cross-section of up to 150 countries shows that the scale effect dominates the substitution effect. On average, countries where prostitution is legal experience larger reported human trafficking inflows."

Does Legalized Prostitution Increase Human Trafficking

Stop pretending you care about real people.

Nope, it doesn't lead to MORE illegal activity. .

Yes it does. Read the links, idiot.

My argument makes much more sense

I have provided proof over and over again. You have provided nothing.
Writing an essay proves nothing. Of course they found exactly what they were looking for. They were not looking for independent woman that were successful in the business because that would go against their narrative.

I want it regulated, but I still think it's a disgusting and degrading "business."

"The scale effect of legalized prostitution leads to an expansion of the prostitution market, increasing human trafficking, while the substitution effect reduces demand for trafficked women as legal prostitutes are favored over trafficked ones. Our empirical analysis for a cross-section of up to 150 countries shows that the scale effect dominates the substitution effect. On average, countries where prostitution is legal experience larger reported human trafficking inflows."

Does Legalized Prostitution Increase Human Trafficking

Stop pretending you care about real people.

Nope, it doesn't lead to MORE illegal activity. .

Yes it does. Read the links, idiot.

My argument makes much more sense

I have provided proof over and over again. You have provided nothing.
Writing an essay proves nothing. Of course they found exactly what they were looking for. They were not looking for independent woman that were successful in the business because that would go against their narrative.

Another one who didn't bother reading.

Answer the question. When was the last time you kissed a woman not family.
Translation: You know you are not a victim in the above scenario, but do not want to admit it because it destroys your position.
You don't seem understand that there is more than just one person in the act of sexual relations. Well maybe you don't as your only relation is with your hand. The issue isn't about the individual paying for sex. He is the exploiter. The prostitute is the victim as she is engaging in self harm.
But yea prostitution should be legal so you shouldn't feel ashamed about having to pay for sex. :lol:
Someone offers you $10 to have sex with them.
You consider it for a half-second, have sex, collect your $10.
How are you a victim?
No one said you were the victim. You are the exploiter. She is the victim as she is harming herself. You can keep repeating this question. I will keep giving you the same reply.

Also, answer my question since I answered yours. When was the last time you had sex you didn't pay for.
You think she is harming herself
She might not think that

What two consenting adults do is no one's business but theirs.
An heroin addict may not think he is harming himself, but he is inflicting self harm when he uses and is a victim of his own actions.

Translation: You know you are not a victim in the above scenario, but do not want to admit it because it destroys your position.
You don't seem understand that there is more than just one person in the act of sexual relations. Well maybe you don't as your only relation is with your hand. The issue isn't about the individual paying for sex. He is the exploiter. The prostitute is the victim as she is engaging in self harm.
But yea prostitution should be legal so you shouldn't feel ashamed about having to pay for sex. :lol:
How are you a victim?
No one said you were the victim. You are the exploiter. She is the victim as she is harming herself. You can keep repeating this question. I will keep giving you the same reply.

Also, answer my question since I answered yours. When was the last time you had sex you didn't pay for.
She might not think that

An heroin addict may not think he is harming himself, but he is inflicting self harm when he uses and is a victim of his own actions.
Under the existing prohibitive circumstances the heroin addict is definitely harming himself -- as is the beverage alcohol, tobacco, and calorie addict. But your comment would be less equivocal if you cited methamphetamine rather than heroin, because it is entirely possible to maintain a regulated heroin addiction without harming oneself.

If one has unrestricted and reliable access to pure, clinically sterile, accurately measured doses of heroin it is entirely possible to maintain a compulsive addiction to the drug with absolutely none of the negative effects which at present are commonly attributed to its use. In fact, regulated heroin use by one whose lifestyle and occupation excludes conflicting activities and requirements (operating machinery, etc.) the stress-relieving effect of heroin use will actually prolong one's life span.

The extremely negative effects of heroin use we are familiar with today are the direct result of its rigid prohibition. Today's heroin user never knows what he/she is using. They don't know the potency, the purity, or the measure of their daily doses. The situation is analogous to the effects of the "bathtub gin" sold by unscrupulous bootleggers during alcohol prohibition, some of which was concocted from anti-freeze and caused many deaths.

The simple fact is most of the harm caused by the use of illegal drugs is the fault of the prohibitive laws. Simply stated, the use of recreational drugs is not nearly as harmful as is the wholly counterproductive War On Drugs.

What America needs is an intelligent, sensible approach to the problem of drug abuse.

How are you a victim?

She might not think that

And neither is none of your business is it?

How are you a victim?

She might not think that

And we cannot compare the act of sex to heroin.

How are you a victim?

She might not think that

Under the existing prohibitive circumstances the heroin addict is definitely harming himself -- as is the beverage alcohol, tobacco, and calorie addict. But your comment would be less equivocal if you cited methamphetamine rather than heroin, because it is entirely possible to maintain a regulated heroin addiction without harming oneself.

If one has unrestricted and reliable access to pure, clinically sterile, accurately measured doses of heroin it is entirely possible to maintain a compulsive addiction to the drug with absolutely none of the negative effects which at present are commonly attributed to its use. In fact, regulated heroin use by one whose lifestyle and occupation excludes conflicting activities and requirements (operating machinery, etc.) the stress-relieving effect of heroin use will actually prolong one's life span.

The extremely negative effects of heroin use we are familiar with today are the direct result of its rigid prohibition. Today's heroin user never knows what he/she is using. They don't know the potency, the purity, or the measure of their daily doses. The situation is analogous to the effects of the "bathtub gin" sold by unscrupulous bootleggers during alcohol prohibition, some of which was concocted from anti-freeze and caused many deaths.

The simple fact is most of the harm caused by the use of illegal drugs is the fault of the prohibitive laws. Simply stated, the use of recreational drugs is not nearly as harmful as is the wholly counterproductive War On Drugs.

What America needs is an intelligent, sensible approach to the problem of drug abuse.
LOL at the idea of a heroin addict being able to "safely" self medicate a lethal and highly addictive substance only if it was legal.

You are getting your wish at the moment, heroin coming across the border these days is purer than ever before more potent and requires lower doses to sustain the high, but it is more deadly and addictive than ever.
Deadly Ultra-Pure Heroin Arrives In US

Get your pseudoscientific libertarian garbage out of here. There wasn't a single intelligent or sensible thing about your rant.

How are you a victim?

She might not think that

Both are the state's business.

How are you a victim?

She might not think that

And we cannot compare the act of sex to heroin.
I am not comparing sex and heroin, I am comparing the prostitute and addict's self awareness or lack thereof when they are harming themselves.

How are you a victim?

She might not think that

If the potential for harming one's self is the basis for making things illegal, then there is a lot of legal things that need to be made illegal. The all you can eat buffet is just one example.

How are you a victim?

She might not think that

So? So does the alcoholic. Point being?

How are you a victim?

She might not think that

If the potential for harming one's self is the basis for making things illegal, then there is a lot of legal things that need to be made illegal. The all you can eat buffet is just one example.
If you can establish using over eating at a buffet is as deadly as heroin, by all means, provide the evidence.

How are you a victim?

She might not think that

If you can establish that alcohol has the same addiction and death rates as heroin, than by all means, show the evidence.

How are you a victim?

She might not think that

If you can establish using over eating at a buffet is as deadly as heroin, by all means, provide the evidence.
Has that somehow become the standard of how dangerous an action must be to make it illegal? So if prostitution is safer than heroin it should be made legal?

Last edited:
How are you a victim?

She might not think that

If you can establish that alcohol has the same addiction and death rates as heroin, than by all means, show the evidence.

Seriously? Mkay.

WHO Study Alcohol Is International Number One Killer AIDS Second Medical News Today

She might not think that

Has that somehow become the standard of how dangerous an action must be to make it legal? So if prostitution is safer than heroin it should be made legal?
Yes, the danger of a substance should be taken into consideration when it should be made legal or not. So yes, alcohol should be legal but heroin shouldn't. To anyone with common sense, they can understand heroin is much worse in every sense than alcohol.

Prostitution should be illegal. Not only because purely transaction and promiscuous sexual relations should be discouraged, and that such relations they are harmful to both parties in the long run(as far as mental health and being able to have functioning relationships with those of the opposite sex goes). But also because it is a profession where emotionally damaged and drug addicted women, in many cases against their will, are forced into a personally destructive line of work that often leaven them mentally/emotionally scarred, left traumatized, drug addicted, in debt and at the mercy of pimps and their clients who abuse them and don't care for them.

I agree, women shouldn't receive harsh criminal punishment, but help and an escape from this harmful and destructive profession, and pimps and men who solicit should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

She might not think that

Seriously? Mkay.

WHO Study Alcohol Is International Number One Killer AIDS Second Medical News Today
I am asking for a rate of death. Not a raw number. Of course more people die of alcohol poisoning than heroin, far more people use alcohol than heroin, so that makes sense. I thought you would be smart enough to understand the difference when I specified by rate of death. Guess not. But if you think alcohol is more deadly than heroin, you aren't that smart to begin with...

She might not think that

Has that somehow become the standard of how dangerous an action must be to make it legal? So if prostitution is safer than heroin it should be made legal?
Yes, the danger of a substance should be taken into consideration when it should be made legal or not. So yes, alcohol should be legal but heroin shouldn't. To anyone with common sense, they can understand heroin is much worse in every sense than alcohol.

Prostitution should be illegal. Not only because purely transaction and promiscuous sexual relations should be discouraged, and that such relations they are harmful to both parties in the long run(as far as mental health and being able to have functioning relationships with those of the opposite sex goes). But also because it is a profession where emotionally damaged and drug addicted women, in many cases against their will, are forced into a personally destructive line of work that often leaven them mentally/emotionally scarred, left traumatized, drug addicted, in debt and at the mercy of pimps and their clients who abuse them and don't care for them.

I agree, women shouldn't receive harsh criminal punishment, but help and an escape from this harmful and destructive profession, and pimps and men who solicit should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
She might not think that

Obesity poses many health risks.

What Are the Health Risks of Overweight and Obesity - NHLBI NIH

Also, please don't waste your time trying to argue that over eating (a major cause of obesity) isn't as dangerous as using herion since that has not been established as the standard of danger by which legality or illegality of other things are to be judged.

Obesity poses many health risks.

What Are the Health Risks of Overweight and Obesity - NHLBI NIH

Also, please don't waste your time trying to argue that over eating (a major cause of obesity) isn't as dangerous as using herion since that has not been established as the standard of danger by which legality or illegality of other things are to be judged.
Obesity poses health risks. No one doubts this. You were comparing overeating at a buffet to using heroin. So please, how many people die from overeating in a sitting vs an episode of heroin use. Show us the evidence

Comparing the potential health risks from overeating over a life time versus the danger of one episode of heroin use is like comparing apples and oranges.

Forum List

Back