Why is Nashville trying to discriminate against religious rights?

I don't care if they wish to have a swingers club but it is right next to a school. Find another location that isn't next to a school.

Why?
For the same reason they don't allow bars, strip clubs, or adult book stores to open next to schools. Zoning.

Those aren't private clubs.
They are not. This club should have had a little forsight. Did they honestly think the town was going to allow a private sex club set up next to a school? I am cool with them having a club or whatever but I think that it is unseemly for them to set up next to a school. Just my two cents...

These clubs have opened due to the restrictive nature of strip clubs in Nashville-they have a 3 ft rule.
Here is why next to a school is not a good idea.
Swingers club shooter sentenced to probation

Baltimore County police make arrest in triple shooting outside Catonsville swingers club - Baltimore Sun

One killed and three injured in shooting outside an Ecorse social club - WXYZ.com
Roberts Social Club shooting suspect captured Local News - WAPT Home

Would you object to a gun shop or shooting range opening next door to a school?
You must not have kids.
I don't care if they wish to have a swingers club but it is right next to a school. Find another location that isn't next to a school.

Why?

I have two actually. Why should they fear a building?

Stray bullets are statistically more likely than stray...what?

What do you believe children will see? It's a private club.

These clubs have opened due to the restrictive nature of strip clubs in Nashville-they have a 3 ft rule.

Baltimore County police make arrest in triple shooting outside Catonsville swingers club - Baltimore Sun

One killed and three injured in shooting outside an Ecorse social club - WXYZ.com

Do you not know how to use the quote feature?

Do you not think I can find articles about shootings outside (and inside) of churches?

Why?
For the same reason they don't allow bars, strip clubs, or adult book stores to open next to schools. Zoning.

They are not. This club should have had a little forsight. Did they honestly think the town was going to allow a private sex club set up next to a school? I am cool with them having a club or whatever but I think that it is unseemly for them to set up next to a school. Just my two cents...

A private club across the street from a private school.

That doesn't follow. You could find a shooting in a convenience store, gas station, supermarket or church. Doesn't mean convenience stores, gas stations, supermarkets or churches incite gunplay.

Why?

A private club across the street from a private school.

Oh I get that but I just don't like the idea of it. The zoning laws in my area do not allow for such clubs near schools. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out though.

A prefer to quote this way.

Of course, you can. The fact you don't find it disturbing for a sex club to open next door to a school, and the dangers it could present, when it is Nashville's way to get around strip club restrictions, is your perogative. I just choose to recognize them, rather than bury my head in the sand.

You must not have kids.

Do you not think I can find articles about shootings outside (and inside) of churches?

Of course, you can. The fact you don't find it disturbing for a sex club to open next door to a school, and the dangers it could present, when it is Nashville's way to get around strip club restrictions, is your perogative. I just choose to recognize them, rather than bury my head in the sand.

It was a private club, not a strip club open to the public. Moot point now since they're a church. :lol:

The regulations on strip clubs are so restrictive there, social clubs have taken the place of many, operating as private clubs which have no restrictions at all.

It was a private club, not a strip club open to the public. Moot point now since they're a church. :lol:

And private club means it doesn't have (because there's no need for them) billboards, neon signs, flashing lights or any other attention-drawing device. It's effectively invisible.

Forum List

Back