Why is Heaven so desirable to so many...

Heaven is a place where you don't grow old. You actually live forever by having immortality. You do not have to sleep or eat to get replenished with strength. It is a place where there is no such thing as murder because you cannot be killed or die. Heaven is a place where others that are there care for you and seek your eternal welfare. For those who have tasted the spirit of God in their lives, they know and understand the beauty of the joy and happiness that they can feel in the heavenly kingdom. Those who go to heaven will be able to visit their relatives and friends no matter what kingdom they are sent to. This cannot be said of those who are in lower kingdoms. Those who reach the highest degree of heaven will continue to be married or be given an eternal companion and have the power to procreate their own spirit children. Their family bonds will last forever. Greater power, knowledge, and opportunity are given to the faithful who enter the kingdom of heaven. Those in lower kingdoms cannot progress the same as those in heaven but are damned or stopped from such progressions. Heaven is just a much more heavenly place to be than to be consigned to a lower kingdom where such progressions are not found.

As teenager I read sometimes Perry Rhodan Novels.
They also supplied detailed engineering drawings of the space ships used.
Very detailed, only things is, they were pure fantasy and fictional and would never work.
Who the hell gave you the details about the heavens?

What some men consider fiction some consider the word of God. I am a believer in God and find his word to be the truth in my life.

Regarding immortality:

1 Corinthians 15:53-54
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

As an immortal you will not need to sustain life since it is part of your makeup as an immortal. Is not growing old the corruption of the body? If corruption must put on incorruption, then the body will not grow old and die. It will be immortal to live forever.

Now if people are immortal in the heavens, then how can you murder or kill these beings? You simply cannot!

The two great commandments that all other commandments are part of are:

Matthew 22:37-40
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Those who make it to heaven will live according to this law. They will love one another and because of this love they will care for one another as the gospel requires.

Mosiah 4:3
3 And it came to pass that after they had spoken these words the Spirit of the Lord came upon them, and they were filled with joy, having received a remission of their sins, and having peace of conscience, because of the exceeding faith which they had in Jesus Christ who should come, according to the words which king Benjamin had spoken unto them.

The scriptures are replete with instances of God's Holy Spirit (the Holy Ghost) coming upon people and their hearts being filled with joy and peace. If you seek after the Lord he will show you by the spirit the truthfulness of his ways. If you accept this knowledge once you receive it, you can choose to enter his church by baptism and receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost which if you stay righteous He will be a constant companion in your life.

Read Acts 8. There you will find that the gift of the Holy Ghost is conferred by the laying on of hands of those who have authority to give the gift. It is received after entering the waters of baptism and joining the church of God.

Moroni 10:5
5 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things.

God has revealed in the Doctrine and Covenants 76 the four major kingdoms that mankind will be consigned to after this life. The highest kingdom is the Celestial Kingdom. The next highest is the Terrestrial Kingdom. The next is the Telestial Kingdom. Finally there is a place called Outer Darkness. Speaking of the Telestial Kingdom, a part of this revelation states:

D&C 76:81-88
81 And again, we saw the glory of the telestial, which glory is that of the lesser, even as the glory of the stars differs from that of the glory of the moon in the firmament.
82 These are they who received not the gospel of Christ, neither the testimony of Jesus.
83 These are they who deny not the Holy Spirit.
84 These are they who are thrust down to hell.
85 These are they who shall not be redeemed from the devil until the last resurrection, until the Lord, even Christ the Lamb, shall have finished his work.
86 These are they who receive not of his fulness in the eternal world, but of the Holy Spirit through the ministration of the terrestrial;
87 And the terrestrial through the ministration of the celestial.
88 And also the telestial receive it of the administering of angels who are appointed to minister for them, or who are appointed to be ministering spirits for them; for they shall be heirs of salvation.

Here we learn that those in the Celestial Kingdom will be able to minister to those of lower kingdoms. Those of the Terrestrial will be able to minister only to those in the Telestial Kingdom but will not be allowed in the Celestial Kingdom.

Doctrine and Covenants 131:1-3
1 In the celestial glory there are three heavens or degrees;
2 And in order to obtain the highest, a man must enter into this order of the priesthood [meaning the new and everlasting covenant of marriage];
3 And if he does not, he cannot obtain it.

The above verses tell us that in order to reach the highest degree in the Celestial Kingdom, one must enter into the new and everlasting covenant of marriage. This means that one must be sealed, by those who have the proper authority, to his wife for time and all eternity. By doing so your marriage will continue in the next world if you are found worthy to enter the Celestial Kingdom. By the sealing power of the priesthood of God, one can be sealed to their husband or wife and their children. These relationships continue for all eternity.

Those who reach this status in the next life will have a continuation of the seeds of life:

Doctrine and Covenants 132:19
19 And again, verily I say unto you, if a man marry a wife by my word, which is my law, and by the new and everlasting covenant, and it is sealed unto them by the Holy Spirit of promise, by him who is anointed, unto whom I have appointed this power and the keys of this priesthood; and it shall be said unto them—Ye shall come forth in the first resurrection; and if it be after the first resurrection, in the next resurrection; and shall inherit thrones, kingdoms, principalities, and powers, dominions, all heights and depths—then shall it be written in the Lamb’s Book of Life, that he shall commit no murder whereby to shed innocent blood, and if ye abide in my covenant, and commit no murder whereby to shed innocent blood, it shall be done unto them in all things whatsoever my servant hath put upon them, in time, and through all eternity; and shall be of full force when they are out of the world; and they shall pass by the angels, and the gods, which are set there, to their exaltation and glory in all things, as hath been sealed upon their heads, which glory shall be a fulness and a continuation of the seeds forever and ever.

Mark 16:16
16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

What do you suppose they are damned from? They are kept back and cannot advance the same as those who believe and receive the Lord and the Kingdom of Heaven.

Last edited:
Jesus never stole from one to give to another...

Did they mention somewhre that he ever worked and earned his livlyhood?
I don't think so.

interesting point-------do you think that
he was SUPPORTED all his life?

Actually, yes, He and the disciples were financially supported by the women that hung around them.

Bible Gateway passage: Luke 8 - GOD’S WORD Translation

Women Who Supported Jesus
8 After this, Jesus traveled from one city and village to another. He spread the Good News about God’s kingdom. The twelve apostles were with him. 2 Also, some women were with him. They had been cured from evil spirits and various illnesses. These women were Mary, also called Magdalene, from whom seven demons had gone out; 3 Joanna, whose husband Chusa was Herod’s administrator; Susanna; and many other women. They provided financial support for Jesus and his disciples.

Well, given your record of posts, I suspect you'll only get one, and this is the one:

Q. Why did you put me on the down elevator!
You don't go to hell because of posts...but you may go to hell if you favor taking money from hard working souls and giving it to lazy bums for votes....

Jesus went to hell? Wow, who woulda known.

According to the Apostle's Creed, he did. However, that is not supported by Scripture. Did Jesus Go to Hell? - Christian Research Institute

Well, given your record of posts, I suspect you'll only get one, and this is the one:

Q. Why did you put me on the down elevator!
You don't go to hell because of posts...but you may go to hell if you favor taking money from hard working souls and giving it to lazy bums for votes....

Jesus went to hell? Wow, who woulda known.

According to the Apostle's Creed, he did. However, that is not supported by Scripture. Did Jesus Go to Hell? - Christian Research Institute

Um...I was being a smart ass!

I have no idea if Jesus was a Son of God, or if a God exists. I was raised and confirmed in the Catholic Church, and then graduated from college, split up with active duty in the Navy during the Vietnam War between my sophomore and Jr. years.

Reality and Education overwhelmed the Baltimore Catechism of my youth and the faith.

for the sake of clarity-----I will help you out on the "money changer" attack. It was an attack on ROME and the roman shills---the SADDUCEES.
Because paying lip service to God wasn't a time honored tradition?

for the sake of clarity-----I will help you out on the "money changer" attack. It was an attack on ROME and the roman shills---the SADDUCEES.

"lip service to "god" " ------like singing Christmas carols? ------it is certainly
an old tradition---but I think it is for local entertainment

"lip service to "god" " ------like singing Christmas carols? ------it is certainly
The Jewish Prophets would disagree. They wrote extensively about it.

I do not recall any prophets discussing the money changers in the
Temple Court Yard------are you referring to the books of prophets in the
NT? -----please name a few of those prophets

I am talking about paying lip service to God which was what they were doing.

Sorry bout that,

1. Heaven is real, and worth trying to be good.
2. Be bad if you choose you shall never know.
3. Only those with a pure heart see Gods truth.
4. You won't ever be able to comprehend it from earth.
5. The absolute awesomeness of heaven.
6. Trust me in this one thing, you do want to go down there.
7. None of this you would rather cry with the sinners then to laugh with the saints.
8. Its all about where your heart is after you mature.
9. Only those with a pure heart see God, true.
10. Seek and you shall find, keep your eyes closed to the truth and suffer, easy call, just call on his name *Jesus*, he is real.
11. You're Welcome.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

who is "they" ----the prophets of the "OT", Jesus and friends who attacked
the money changers, or the money changers themselves?

Not the prophets of the OT, Rosie.

The money changers and the priests.

But don't feel bad, pretty much all of us do it too.

your sunday school teachers have you confused. ---they forgot to tell you just
WHO were the priests and the money changers in those days-----(hint---NOT THE
PHARISEES AND NOT THE "SCRIBES")

How is that important in the question of what motivated Jesus to act like he did?

How is that important in the question of what motivated Jesus to act like he did?

VITAL ------but you are beyond help-----your sunday school education is
WELL INGRAINED. I will ease you in GENTLY. Who in zero CE did not
like the money changers and the temple priests and WHY?

Your conspiracy theories don't hold water, Irosie. There are >24,000 written manuscripts that preclude a conspiracy by Rome 200 years later.

Your conspiracy theories don't hold water, Irosie. There are >24,000 written manuscripts that preclude a conspiracy by Rome 200 years later.

I have no "conspiracy theory"------did I suggest that ROMAN AGENTS attacked
the money changers? ROFLMAO @ 200 years later. There is no shortage of
writings circa year zero CE. Do you have any idea at all why Rome decided
to take Judea?-------for the sake of friendship?

I have no "conspiracy theory"------did I suggest that ROMAN AGENTS attacked
the money changers? ROFLMAO @ 200 years later. There is no shortage of
writings circa year zero CE. Do you have any idea at all why Rome decided
to take Judea?-------for the sake of friendship?
How does that have anything to do with this, Irosie?

Forum List

Back