Why is Heaven so desirable to so many...

Jesus and the money changers story in the NT ---is just about the ONLY story in that book which makes sense. It, CERTAINLY, has nothing to do with the idiotic explanation offered by James F. McGrath.
The PHARISEES of Judea hated the money changers in the temple because they were ROMAN SHILLS------that is why they are called "unclean" and
that is why PHARISEE JESUS and friends wanted to
GET RID OF THEM.. Any other explanation is sheer BULLSHIT

...and not Valhalla?

Do you get to fuck, feast, fight, and drink in heaven? What a shitty destination.

Let's start a war with Mexico and win, or die and go to Valhalla, shall we?

:lol:

:dance:

I'll choose where the actual Creator of all has made and deal with it.

There is no Valhalla. There is only heaven.

From what I gather, there is no sex either

is chocolate real?

Jesus went to hell? Wow, who woulda known.

Jesus never stole from one to give to another...

Jesus and the Money Changers (John 2:13-16)
Nice try
The the cleansing of the temple had nothing to do with taxing one and giving it to another....try again....

Ok genius WHAT IS YOUR TAKE ON THE CLEANSING OF THE TEMPLE (I can't wait for the sunday school explanation)

I'm not sure what Heaven is exactly. I think it's how Carl Spackler from Caddyshack describes it. When you die you achieve total consciousness. That's good enough for me. I just hope you don't have to caddy for the Dalai Lama to get it.

Ok genius WHAT IS YOUR TAKE ON THE CLEANSING OF THE TEMPLE (I can't wait for the sunday school explanation)
I'm not a Sunday school teacher...whatever you meant by that....but if you think Jesus wanted the government to take part of Joe's paycheck and give to Sam and that was what the Cleansing of the Temple was about you need to go back to Sunday School.....and school in general....IMO

There are answers in Heaven...and I have a bunch of questions.....

How many questions can there possibly be?

"What's the meaning of life?"

* you get your answer*

"Oh... So where are the bitches at?"
Are you kidding? how about where did we come from? where did God come from? How were we created? Is there a hell? Why are we here? Where will we go now? Will I see my loved ones? Are they all here? Was I good or was I bad?
Then where are the chicks I guess down around question 80....lol

I'm not a Sunday school teacher...whatever you meant by that....but if you think Jesus wanted the government to take part of Joe's paycheck and give to Sam and that was what the Cleansing of the Temple was about you need to go back to Sunday School.....and school in general....IMO

oh-----so you did attend sunday school----so you HAVE NO IDEA. Interestingly enough----the animosity between the "MONEY CHANGERS OF THE TEMPLE COURT YARD AND THE PHARISEES is a documented FACT. I have no desire to confuse you with FACT

oh-----so you did attend sunday school----so you HAVE NO IDEA. Interestingly enough----the animosity between the "MONEY CHANGERS OF THE TEMPLE COURT YARD AND THE PHARISEES is a documented FACT. I have no desire to confuse you with FACT

ummmmmm are you okay? :cuckoo:

ummmmmm are you okay? :cuckoo:

I am fine-----sorry to confuse you with the facts of history. Fret not----your easter bunny is doing fine

for the sake of clarity-----I will help you out on the "money changer" attack. It was an attack on ROME and the roman shills---the SADDUCEES.

Once we have anti-aging such places will become less desirable. Dying isn't a nice thing to go through.

...and not Valhalla?

Do you get to fuck, feast, fight, and drink in heaven? What a shitty destination.

Let's start a war with Mexico and win, or die and go to Valhalla, shall we?

:lol:

:dance:
Everything gets a return. There are more than enough examples within nature of death - rebirth cycles that should make one pause and wonder. Especially since consciousness is the pinnacle of evolution and appears to be impervious to science. Given that the solution to the first cause cannot be matter and energy as we know it, it isn't a huge leap of faith to see consciousness as the source of physical stuff.

Heaven is a place where you don't grow old. You actually live forever by having immortality. You do not have to sleep or eat to get replenished with strength. It is a place where there is no such thing as murder because you cannot be killed or die. Heaven is a place where others that are there care for you and seek your eternal welfare. For those who have tasted the spirit of God in their lives, they know and understand the beauty of the joy and happiness that they can feel in the heavenly kingdom. Those who go to heaven will be able to visit their relatives and friends no matter what kingdom they are sent to. This cannot be said of those who are in lower kingdoms. Those who reach the highest degree of heaven will continue to be married or be given an eternal companion and have the power to procreate their own spirit children. Their family bonds will last forever. Greater power, knowledge, and opportunity are given to the faithful who enter the kingdom of heaven. Those in lower kingdoms cannot progress the same as those in heaven but are damned or stopped from such progressions. Heaven is just a much more heavenly place to be than to be consigned to a lower kingdom where such progressions are not found.

It has been said by some, "It is better to reign in hell than serve in heaven."

Jesus explained to us that to become first in the Kingdom, one must be last and the servant of all.

So those who choose non-kingdom living in order to reign will be running in circles. They don't wish to serve, but to be first. However, they can't be first without serving...but they don't want to serve, they want to be first...but they can't be first without being the servant of all. But they don't want to serve...ad nauseum. With this picture we have a more realistic picture of both heaven and hell.

Heaven is a place where you don't grow old. You actually live forever by having immortality. You do not have to sleep or eat to get replenished with strength. It is a place where there is no such thing as murder because you cannot be killed or die. Heaven is a place where others that are there care for you and seek your eternal welfare. For those who have tasted the spirit of God in their lives, they know and understand the beauty of the joy and happiness that they can feel in the heavenly kingdom. Those who go to heaven will be able to visit their relatives and friends no matter what kingdom they are sent to. This cannot be said of those who are in lower kingdoms. Those who reach the highest degree of heaven will continue to be married or be given an eternal companion and have the power to procreate their own spirit children. Their family bonds will last forever. Greater power, knowledge, and opportunity are given to the faithful who enter the kingdom of heaven. Those in lower kingdoms cannot progress the same as those in heaven but are damned or stopped from such progressions. Heaven is just a much more heavenly place to be than to be consigned to a lower kingdom where such progressions are not found.

As teenager I read sometimes Perry Rhodan Novels.
They also supplied detailed engineering drawings of the space ships used.
Very detailed, only things is, they were pure fantasy and fictional and would never work.
Who the hell gave you the details about the heavens?

Once we have anti-aging such places will become less desirable. Dying isn't a nice thing to go through.
I think it would get crowded down here rather fast if that were the case. Not sure that would be such a good idea.

It has been said by some, "It is better to reign in hell than serve in heaven."

Jesus explained to us that to become first in the Kingdom, one must be last and the servant of all.

So those who choose non-kingdom living in order to reign will be running in circles. They don't wish to serve, but to be first. However, they can't be first without serving...but they don't want to serve, they want to be first...but they can't be first without being the servant of all. But they don't want to serve...ad nauseum. With this picture we have a more realistic picture of both heaven and hell.

Actually, you got it backwards................the actual quote is "it's better to serve in Heaven, than to reign in Hell".

Forum List

Back