Why is everyone waiting for government to fix our problems?

Discussion in 'Congress' started by alupka, Oct 28, 2008.

1. alupka

alupka Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7
    The problem isn't with McCain or Obama (as I have great respect for both candidates), but with the American people.

Somewhere along the line we decided the American dream just isn't worth the effort...or at least, not on our part.

This is my simple political assessment of where we are today: There are more poor people (votes for communism) than successful rich people (votes for capitalism and the American Dream). The poor people know it’s not fair to steal the money from the rich, but they don’t care as long as they are the recipients. Why work hard to earn your money and success if you can get it for free at the expense of those who did?

End result: Obama ’08 and the birth of communist America.

This will be the death of America. Not because I don’t like Obama, but because it just killed the one incentive that made America great in the first place. It’s the same reason the Soviet Union collapsed at the height of the cold war, and the same reason all the people here in “communist” China are poor…and the same reason our economy back home is in ruin—because everyone wants to live on credit or at the expense of someone else (banks, credit cards, and now rich people and government), instead of taking responsibility for themselves and actually earning what they get.

So now, instead of teaching my children if they work hard enough they will be rewarded for their success, I’ll have to explain to them why they're being punished for achieving their goals—because the government will take half their money and give it to everyone else who didn’t do a damn thing…or else waste it on more failed government programs like social security and public education.

Good job America. In your pursuit to achieve that fantasy of a utopian dream, you have just crucified the foundation of the American dream. What was once “a government of the people, by the people, and for the people” is now a communist country where the government controls the wealth of individuals. And while you may or may not get that government welfare check, you can rest assured that your grandchildren will be reading about American greatness in their Chinese or Islamic history books.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,203
    I should tell you the same thing you told us for 8 years while George Bush and Tom Delay & Co. fucked up America.

You are just a bunch of whiners.

No seriously. The Republican party ran wild for 6 straight years, unchecked, and everything they did led us to this.

In fact, I think just like the Iraq war was a made up imminent threat, so was the bailout. The rich people that really own this country decided to rob us of $700 billion on their way out.

Now that we are going to replace their lapdog (bush), you want to assume the guy WE ELECTED is going to ruin America? We are not that stupid.

You clearly don't understand what happened the last 8 years. Keep watching Fox News.

Clinton was great. The Clinton era was great. It did not bring in Communism. You are a joke.

3. RoadVirus

RoadVirus <insert pithy title here>

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +583
    It just brought in terrorism

4. ignatov

ignatov My sons are Marines!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Yes. If only there weren't so many poor people, then the Republicans would win.

How can we get rid of poor people? Starvation's too slow. Concentration camps are politically incorrect...

I've got it! We'll redistribute the wealth! Then the GOP can win again! Break out the vodka rations, comrades!

5. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    people are waiting for the government to function...what they dont realize is the government no longer serves the people but is just keeping itself alive at all costs. there are no men of honor on either side...just vampires sucking the life out of the system....the ones at top are just as bad as the ones at the bottom..the middle class is gone and forgotten...we ask men/women to die in wars but at home we are unwilling to do anything...give something up for the cause bullshit thats now seen as total unneeded. we have become a nation of panty waists...who want more now...without thoughts of the future. we are more than willing to take on debt for new plasma tvs and atvs but then balk at paying the debt. we raised a generation of weak kids who think they should be given it all...lay it at the feet of baby boomers who voted themselves more entitlements than any one could afford....but we are the power...and have always been...now we are paying for our indulgences....and generations beyond us will continue to pay

6. doeton

doeton Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +65
    actually that was the great loser Ronald Reagan.

who thought it was just peachy to bargain with terrorists

then add in disciple George the first who left U.S. troops in Saudi - the actual reason OBL attacked us.

7. doeton

doeton Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +65
    no doubt though.

the suv driving, applebee eating, joe the suburbanite american needs living beyong their means...

8. KMAN

KMAN Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +269
    What is Congress' approval rating? 9%?

Yet they will fix healthcare, SS, and every other problem we have....LOL

The people who think the government is going to fix all of our problems are sadly misinformed.

9. alupka

alupka Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Yeah, that's right, I get it, it's all Bush's fault. It's all the government's fault. Congratulations, you just proved the original point of the post.

And by the way, I didn't tell you anything for 8 years. I'm not a republican.

And your ridiculous reply is sophisticated dialectic?? Stop whining about bush and the republicans and believing everything you watch on CNN. Or don't. Whatever.

10. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,203
    People who think like you have been brainwashed by Republicans. They don't only tell you government is the enemy, they prove it.

ThomHartmann.com - "You Can't Govern if You Don't Believe in Government"