Why I Parted Ways With The Right

Ah, if this is all true, why didn't Bush and Cheney fix the problem?

because as it has been said by myself and a dozen others in many threads....both parties are all sucking the same teat....BIG MONEY....they only care about what they can get out of a deal....if it doesnt benefit them or the party,drag your feet,make it look like we are doing something,but do what needs to be done to not get it done.....the party not in power at the time will play the bad guys.....

Ah, if this is all true, why didn't Bush and Cheney fix the problem?

because as it has been said by myself and a dozen others in many threads....both parties are all sucking the same teat....BIG MONEY....they only care about what they can get out of a deal....if it doesnt benefit them or the party,drag your feet,make it look like we are doing something,but do what needs to be done to not get it done.....the party not in power at the time will play the bad guys.....

Nail... Head... nice, squarely placed hit Mr. Dresden

George Bush and the Republicans almost destroyed America, by deregulating the financial markets and borrowing billions from China to finance a useless war.

Everyone knows that the financial markets were deregulated during the Clinton administration. There was a great article in the Rolling Stone describing the AIG debacle & the below is now a FAMOUS article.

If there is any American that doesn't understand what happened & when by now, their IQ has got to be below 70. You really don't want to look this stupid.

Fannie Mae Eases Credit To Aid Mortgage Lending - NYTimes.com

The federal government is directly responsible for the current unemployment in this country & millions of Americans losing their homes. They in effect through Fannie/Freddie decided to co-sign our names to 50% of the mortgages in this country--while lowering lending requirements--& using sub-prime mortgages in their "everyone deserves homeownership policy." Wall street bought these mortgage backed securities & then started trading them in the black hole called hedge funds aka derivitives--also known very well in the 1990's. One single woman pointed this out to Allan Greenspan & then treasury secretary Robert Rubin--& they both ran her out of town on a rail. They completely ignored her warnings. Banking boards in the Clinton & Bush administration continued to ignore all the warnings & this all resulted in a collapse of banking--Wall Street & now us--main street.

If you don't understand this by now, you really shouldn't be on any political board.

The mortgages?

Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,haaa!!!!!!

The $516 TRILLION DOLLAR derivative bomb destroyed our economy. Not the mortgages!!!

Derivatives are the new ticking time bomb Paul B. Farrell - MarketWatch

If you take a look at the responses from the right on this thread, you get a very clear picture of why I parted ways with the right. The right has lost it's direction, it's vocabulary, and it's intellectual foundation.

They've tried to replace those with fear, hate, and bumper-sticker slogans.

It's plenty for some - but not me.

George Bush and the Republicans almost destroyed America, by deregulating the financial markets and borrowing billions from China to finance a useless war.

Everyone knows that the financial markets were deregulated during the Clinton administration. There was a great article in the Rolling Stone describing the AIG debacle & the below is now a FAMOUS article.

If there is any American that doesn't understand what happened & when by now, their IQ has got to be below 70. You really don't want to look this stupid.

The federal government is directly responsible for the current unemployment in this country & millions of Americans losing their homes. They in effect through Fannie/Freddie decided to co-sign our names to 50% of the mortgages in this country--while lowering lending requirements--& using sub-prime mortgages in their "everyone deserves homeownership policy." Wall street bought these mortgage backed securities & then started trading them in the black hole called hedge funds aka derivitives--also known very well in the 1990's. One single woman pointed this out to Allan Greenspan & then treasury secretary Robert Rubin--& they both ran her out of town on a rail. They completely ignored her warnings. Banking boards in the Clinton & Bush administration continued to ignore all the warnings & this all resulted in a collapse of banking--Wall Street & now us--main street.

If you don't understand this by now, you really shouldn't be on any political board.

Ah, if this is all true, why didn't Bush and Cheney fix the problem? In 2000, immediately after the Supreme Injustice gave them the White House, president 'elect' Bush & VP 'elect' Cheney walked hand in hand (almost) to the podium and gave a press conference. In that press conference they blamed the Clinton Administration for a recession, causing fear in the population, which exacerbated an economic slowdown.
Of course they did so to justify a large tax cut, which benefited the few (never did trickle down) and not the many. But, I digress.
If Bush/Cheney didn't fix what they alleged Clinton broke, why the fuck are they given a pass? That had 8 years and managed to really FU not only our economy, but further divided the nation (something the former VP continues to do for self serving purpose).

What I stated is ALL true. Now you can participate in the "dumb down America crowd" over partisan politics--:cuckoo::cuckoo:--but there is enough blame to go around to both parties--democrats & republicans. You can watch the below time-line over the mortgage crisis meltdown. The Bush administration did warn of the melt-down--in fact we even have Bill Clinton --on video blaming his own party over the mortgage melt-down. Robert Rubin & Allan Greenspan have already apologized for their handeling of the derivitives markets--also on video.

But you people really need to educate yourselfs--by READING--by watching a great program called the American experience--that is typically shown on the PBS channel-a very non-partisan factual based educational program.

You're obviously on these boards--so I know you can read. What I hope you don't do--is head into the voting booths of this country without being a very informed voter.

If you're going to participate on these political boards--then PLEASE have a poltical IQ that is above 70.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMnSp4qEXNM[/ame]

If you take a look at the responses from the right on this thread, you get a very clear picture of why I parted ways with the right. The right has lost it's direction, it's vocabulary, and it's intellectual foundation.

It's plenty for some - but not me.

:clap2:

That happened way back in '95, at least.

The same old lists of the same old stale stereotypes, strawman arguments, sweeping generalizations and plain old lies, by people who were more than likely never on board with the right to start with, hardly cut any ice with any real old-school conservative types I know of.

Yeah...Like the DNC and the loony left are completely above and innocent of such things. :rolleyes:

The mortgages?

Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,haaa!!!!!!

The $516 TRILLION DOLLAR derivative bomb destroyed our economy. Not the mortgages!!!

Derivatives are the new ticking time bomb Paul B. Farrell - MarketWatch

O.K. Einstein & what was Wall Street "trading" in the derivatives market? Mortgage backed securities guaranteed by the American taxpayer & fully sponsored & supported by Clinton treasury secretary-- Robert Rubin & fed-chairman Allan Greenspan.

Last edited:
That happened way back in '95, at least.

The same old lists of the same old stale stereotypes, strawman arguments, sweeping generalizations and plain old lies, by people who were more than likely never on board with the right to start with, hardly cut any ice with any real old-school conservative types I know of.

Yeah...Like the DNC and the loony left are completely above and innocent of such things. :rolleyes:

Ahhh ... the dreaded "I'm rubber, you're glue?" defence. Never held much water with me. The fact that their are idiots (imho) at both extremes doesn't excuse or justify those on the far right.

The existence of "truthers" doesn't make "birthers" any more intelligent.

The people are the right are idiots.

They have almost destroyed America.

Yeah, there's a lot of that idiocy going around.

Yeah & you & Dog in a fight are certainly two peas in a pod-when it comes to political IQ's of below 70.-:lol::lol:

Instead of addressing the causes of this current economic collapse--you ignore all facts & go right back to partisan politics--with the--"it couldn't have been my party that did this"--:lol::lol:

You two are confirmed members of the "dumb down America Party."

Last edited:
Good case in point - can't really deny the idiocy on the far right - so simply ad hom the poster.

Might be persuasive to some folks - but not to me. Maybe I just set the bar too high ??????

Good case in point - can't really deny the idiocy on the far right - so simply ad hom the poster.

Might be persuasive to some folks - but not to me. Maybe I just set the bar too high ??????

:lol::lol:-"The bar too high--:lol::lol:

Your political IQ & bar is set so low--you're now 10' under dirt--:lol::lol:

Believe me it shows--you have YET to produce one single factual based circumstance where I have been wrong in my statements--& so simply throw out these type of comments.

This may work with your other dumb-down friends or thumbsuckers on this board--but people who actually read--& watch factual programs regarding this economic meltdown--are not at all impressed with the "bar" you have set for yourself.

Last edited:

The two asinine lists linked in the OP are nothing but a string of ad homs and strawmen, yet you totally bought into them.

Maybe you have no bar whatsoever, when introspection is called for.

more ad hom - is this where I act surprised?

Point proven YET AGAIN.

In reality you have no clue what I have or have not "bought into." In fact, I didn't even read the OP's article - I simply chimed in with why I have parted company with the right. So you make assumptions and attack your own assumptions about me rather than the real issue or even a real representation of my position.

Very typical - and very sad. Underscores EXACTLY what I've been saying.

Last edited:

Point proven YET AGAIN.

In reality you have no clue what I have or have not "bought into." In fact, I didn't even read the OP's article - I simply chimed in with why I have parted company with the right. So you make assumptions and attack your own assumptions about me rather than the real issue or even a real representation of my position.

Nodoginafight--right now a kitten is kicking your arse. You digging your political IQ deeper & deeper into a hole--with these continual comments & ABSOLUTELY no substance.

If you cannot debate people on these boards with FACTS--& links to those FACTS--why are you even here taking all this punishment?--:cuckoo::cuckoo:

These political boards were never meant to be a mud-slinging contest--they are here to inform & educate. Believe me, you're not an educator you're a mud-slinger.

Point proven YET AGAIN.

What's truly sad, and has been pointed out numerous times, is that you do indeed have several dogs in the fight.

What has been underscored numerous times on this thread, is that the two buffoon authors linked in the OP, and those who throw in with them, are fakes who probably were never ever in with the right for them to subsequently part ways.

But feel free to carry on with the babbling...It's rather amusing.

Point proven YET AGAIN.

What's truly sad, and has been pointed out numerous times, is that you do indeed have several dogs in the fight.

What has been underscored numerous times on this thread, is that the two buffoon authors linked in the OP, and those who throw in with them, are fakes who probably were never ever in with the right for them to subsequently part ways.

But feel free to carry on with the babbling...It's rather amusing.

Ahhh . .... wondered how long it would take someone to take a screen-name swipe.
Seriously ... if that's all YA GOT - then you might as well admit - you don't have ANYTHING. Ad hom, incorrect assumptions, and a delusional idea that you haven't lost the middle .......

If THAT is what the radical right has to offer - well .... no wonder they are alienating everyone.

Last edited:

Point proven YET AGAIN.

Nodoginafight--right now a kitten is kicking your arse. You digging your political IQ deeper & deeper into a hole--with these continual comments & ABSOLUTELY no substance.

If you cannot debate people on these boards with FACTS--& links to those FACTS--why are you even here taking all this punishment?--:cuckoo::cuckoo:

These political boards were never meant to be a mud-slinging contest--they are here to inform & educate. Believe me, you're not an educator you're a mud-slinger.

"Facts" (talking points) and links to those "Facts" (talking points) are a dime a dozen on the internet and they prove NOTHING

The true value of these boards lay the OPINION of the poster, not the capability of sheep to find links to the talking points that they consider to be 'fact'.

So far, I am scoring this 'debate' in favor of no-dog.....

No link required, it is just my humble opinion.

Forum List

Back