Why I’m leaving the Republican Party…and Endorsing President Obama.

by: Jeff Wartman

Full article: Why I’m leaving the Republican Party…and Endorsing President Obama. | Jeff Wartman

I’m leaving the Republican Party. No longer can I say with a clear conscience that the Republican Party is focused on solving problems that will benefit average Americans.

Solving problems is about pragmatically viewing data to decide upon the most effective public policy solutions. Many times, problem solving is the complete opposite of adhering to a rigid political ideology that dictates policy regardless of consequences. Our public servants need to be looking at what has worked, what has not worked, and using those judgments to form policy moving forward. The Republican Party refuses to look at what works and what doesn’t — they simply base policy on whether it fits into a rigid anti-government philosophy, whether it is good policy or not. Essentially, the effectiveness of policy is completely and totally irrelevant to Republicans. Additionally, the Republican Party believes more strongly in obstructing anything that President Obama proposes than in real solutions that would create jobs and help the average American.

Additionally, I have specific grievances with the current “know-nothing” incarnation of the Republican Party:...

Read the entire article at JeffWartman.com Why I’m leaving the Republican Party…and Endorsing President Obama. | Jeff Wartman

You are voting for President Obama because you are not now and never could have been a Republican.

The OP fantasy (and lies) of yours are comical and unpersuasive.

Your outright rejection of the opinion expressed without offering a counterpoint and simply attacking the messenger is both typical of your past behavior and a recurrent theme of reactionaries who both fear and destest progress.

The federal gubmint wasn't chartered to "solve problems"

And that is where you wing nuts are all wrong.
Please cite article and section that says gubmint was chartered specifically to "solve problems".

Seriously?

The Constitution of the United States

Preamble Note

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

What the fuck do you think the whole thing was about? Problem solving.

Of course your solution is...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8szRgIcYlY]Sex Pistols - Anarchy In The UK (Broadcast Debut) - YouTube[/ame]

Full article: Why I’m leaving the Republican Party…and Endorsing President Obama. | Jeff Wartman

Read the entire article at JeffWartman.com Why I’m leaving the Republican Party…and Endorsing President Obama. | Jeff Wartman

You are voting for President Obama because you are not now and never could have been a Republican.

The OP fantasy (and lies) of yours are comical and unpersuasive.

Your outright rejection of the opinion expressed without offering a counterpoint and simply attacking the messenger is both typical of your past behavior and a recurrent theme of reactionaries who both fear and destest progress.

Silly.

We all know that no rational person who adheres to any of the fundamental principles most associated with the GOP could EVER vote for the quasi marxist flop we laughingly call our President.

Your platitudes are devoid of meaning. I embrace true progress,. I just reject your make-believe notion of what constitutes "progress."

Your misuse and abuse of the term "reactionary" is also devoid of valid meaning.

While you pretend to be above attacking the messenger -- most observant folks see that it is exactly what you do and just did.

My rejection of the silly claim in the basically dishonest OP was a counterpoint to the flatulent nonsense spewed in the OP by the ignorant author of the OP. There was no serious contentions put into issue. Thus, there's nothing worthy of a stronger rebuttal than it got.

When you stop pontificating (but the doing the very things you pretend to find objectionable) perhaps someday even you will have something worthwhile to post. Doubtful. But worth a try.

The federal gubmint wasn't chartered to "solve problems"...Its role is supposed to be the protector of the rights of every individual, to provide a framework of justice when said rights are violated (rather than be the chief violator of them) and maintain the nation's borders.

Also, those who don't want a (reputedly) benevolent nanny state aren't exhibiting any "rigid anti-gubmint philosophy"...The merely want public servants to stay in their box, where they belong.

Strawman fail.

What fail?

Of course the government solves problems..otherwise what's the point? We'd all live out in the woods in our own little compounds armed to the teeth..and we'd have shootouts with people we have "problems" with..

Although..that might be your ideal way of doing things, Oddball..who knows? :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bmf-HCCZYOg]Mad Max 2 - Road Warrior Battle - YouTube[/ame]
Ahhh....The stale old reducto-ad-anarchist false dichotomy bullshit strawman fails again.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjvQRerJu0g]Homer Simpson vs. Corn Flakes - YouTube[/ame]

Your idea that government isn't involved in problem solving is the highest order of absurdity..

Please cite article and section that says gubmint was chartered specifically to "solve problems".

Seriously?

Preamble Note

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8szRgIcYlY]Sex Pistols - Anarchy In The UK (Broadcast Debut) - YouTube[/ame]

Anarchy and personal responsibility until THEY need something.

Seriously?

Preamble Note

Anarchy and personal responsibility until THEY need something.

More mindless and dishonest platitudes.

So far, you blather a whole lot but offer no meaningful arguments.

the answer to Sallow's question is not even close to being a mystery.

What the whole thing was about is crystal clear. It was the creation of a Republican form of Constitutionally LIMITED government.

The powers granted to the Federal Government were ENUMERATED FOR A REASON.

That is what it was all about and what it is still supposed to be all about.

Seriously?

Preamble Note

The Preamble isn't an article and section.

As I already concisely pointed out, the whole thing was about protecting the rights of individuals, providing for legal redress when those rights were violated by antisocial individuals, and protecting national borders....That's it.

Your continual claptrap about not wanting to go along with your coercive statist Utopia still doesn't constitute anarchy, no matter how many times you repeat the lie.

Why don't you log off and enlist, peckerhead?

The federal gubmint wasn't chartered to "solve problems"

You need to ask the mods to change your user name to Farontheleft. No seriously. You do. Every post of yours I've ever read takes a far left approach. It's OK, lots of right and left wingnuts think they're in the middle.......because if it makes sense to them, it should make sense to everyone.

Seriously?

Preamble Note

As I already concisely pointed out, the whole thing was about protecting the rights of individuals, providing for legal redress when those rights were violated by antisocial individuals, and protecting national borders....That's it.

Your continual claptrap about not wanting to go along with your coercive statist Utopia still doesn't constitute anarchy, no matter how many times you repeat the lie.

Claptrap?

What do you think the Judicary does, exactly?

One of it's functions is to provide a forum for people to solve problems with fellow citizens without resorting to violence.

The congress generates legislation to deal with problems. We have a military that deals with the problem of insurrection and foreign invasion. Seriously?

It's in the preamble.

Those things it lists? Well they were problems.

Anarchy is lawlessness via no government...

I love the leftist argument that limited government is anarchy - yet these are the same motherfuckers that will support wild shit like OWS, or the G8 rioters...

It gets even better considering the fact they consider themselves "leftists" yet are pro government....

Realistically modern leftists are RIGHT LEANING... They're not left....

They're anything BUT liberal.

Last edited:
Last edited:

Seriously?

Preamble Note

You've blown your whole argument out of the water here..ace..

The government DOES solve problems.

It's there to solve problems.

The problem with you is that you think it's only there to solve YOUR PROBLEMS.

The federal gubmint wasn't chartered to "solve problems"...Its role is supposed to be the protector of the rights of every individual, to provide a framework of justice when said rights are violated (rather than be the chief violator of them) and maintain the nation's borders.

Also, those who don't want a (reputedly) benevolent nanny state aren't exhibiting any "rigid anti-gubmint philosophy"...The merely want public servants to stay in their box, where they belong.

Strawman fail.

What fail?

Of course the government solves problems..otherwise what's the point? We'd all live out in the woods in our own little compounds armed to the teeth..and we'd have shootouts with people we have "problems" with..

Although..that might be your ideal way of doing things, Oddball..who knows? :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bmf-HCCZYOg]Mad Max 2 - Road Warrior Battle - YouTube[/ame]

Our glorious govt has created far more problems than it has ever solved. In fact for each problem is supposedly fixes it creates 3 more to replace the original.

You keep saying this like the GOP respects your views and is the party of strict constitutionalists and limited federal government. :lol:

That's why real republicans use words like "RINO"....

You think guys like David Duke were real republicans?? hell no - they just flipped the script out of spite.

There are a lot of people out there who call themselves republicans and they really aren't.

Romney is no damn republican and neither are his supporters...

The only true republicans today are libertarians...

The real reason is that you never were a Republican. You're a drone, and you've always been one.

Who do you think you're fooling?

Forum List

Back