Why I love America

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gabriella84

Every other weekend, I have been flying to San Francisco to spend a long weekend with my fiance, Rob. Out of concern for my best friend Lauren's boyfriend Edward (who is a Londoner), Rob came down here this weekend. We have been staying at Edward and Lauren's house in Newport Beach. Though he is only in his early 30s, Edward has already done quite well for himself. Perhaps more than "quite well."
This morning, all of us went out sailing with one of Edward's business buddies. It got me thinking -- how great of a country is it where two 21-year-old girls from the wrong side of the tracks in Anaheim could now be sitting on a really expensive boat off a posh port in Southern California?
I personally believe God rewards those who live good lives and serve others. Or something like that. :p:

Gabriella84 said:
Every other weekend, I have been flying to San Francisco to spend a long weekend with my fiance, Rob. Out of concern for my best friend Lauren's boyfriend Edward (who is a Londoner), Rob came down here this weekend. We have been staying at Edward and Lauren's house in Newport Beach. Though he is only in his early 30s, Edward has already done quite well for himself. Perhaps more than "quite well."
This morning, all of us went out sailing with one of Edward's business buddies. It got me thinking -- how great of a country is it where two 21-year-old girls from the wrong side of the tracks in Anaheim could now be sitting on a really expensive boat off a posh port in Southern California?
I personally believe God rewards those who live good lives and serve others. Or something like that. :p:

Sooo..you love America for the material things you can sucker other people in to providing for you?

It's not the material things that matter. It is opportunity to occasionally partake in the material things with someone you love.

Too bad you spent more time talking about the material things than your love for this "Rob" (who I'm seriously starting to believe is nothing more than a figment of your imagination).

Gabriella84 said:
There's a "wrong side of the tracks" in Anaheim? lol Dear, you don't know what it means to be "from the wrong side of the tracks". Trust me.

You need to also love America because there are people willing to fight and die to defend your right to sail on that boat on a lovely day. I bet there are lots of soldiers that would love to be doing what you did today with their spouses. But they have put our nation before themselves. I hope you are thankful for that and I hope that is also one of the reasons you "love America".

Shattered said:
Too bad you spent more time talking about the material things than your love for this "Rob" (who I'm seriously starting to believe is nothing more than a figment of your imagination).

At least he is my "figment" and not yours.

You need to also love America because there are people willing to fight and die to defend your right to sail on that boat on a lovely day. I bet there are lots of soldiers that would love to be doing what you did today with their spouses. But they have put our nation before themselves. I hope you are thankful for that and I hope that is also one of the reasons you "love America".

We all have our jobs to do. I am very thankful for all the soldiers who defended America during the second World War, and who did what they were summoned to do during Korea and Viet Nam. Since then, our country has had an all-volunteer military. Everyone has their job to do, whether at home or abroad. There are millions of people who serve very important roles in the running of our country. And they get very little credit for it. My mom has been an elementary school teacher for 20 years. No one has ever thrown a parade or held a rally for her profession.
There are thousands of honorable professions that do not involve carrying a gun in a foreign country. This does nothing to devalue to service of the military. It merely points out that everyone has a job to do.

Gabriella84 said:
At least he is my "figment" and not yours.

We all have our jobs to do. I am very thankful for all the soldiers who defended America during the second World War, and who did what they were summoned to do during Korea and Viet Nam. Since then, our country has had an all-volunteer military. Everyone has their job to do, whether at home or abroad. There are millions of people who serve very important roles in the running of our country. And they get very little credit for it. My mom has been an elementary school teacher for 20 years. No one has ever thrown a parade or held a rally for her profession.

There are thousands of honorable professions that do not involve carrying a gun in a foreign country. This does nothing to devalue to service of the military. It merely points out that everyone has a job to do.
You're underhanded comments surely are meant to devalue the service our brave young men and women contribute to our nation. You cannot compare a job as a teacher to the job of a soldier. I am willing to bet that Kathianee would be willing to even admit that.

You know, you're nothing but an ungrateful, spoiled C*. Yep, ban me, bitch, I don't care. You are a big, fat, stinky C*.

Perhaps we should revert back to the draft and take your precious little fiance and put him on the front lines. If it weren't for those volunteers, those that put duty, honor and country before themselves, selfish little c*nts like yourself wouldn't have their fiance by their sides. You better learn to be thankful or you are going to learn the hard way that freedom ISN'T free. Somebody has to protect that freedom for you.

I will say it again and I don't care whom I offend. You're nothing but a C*.

***lightly edited****

you should take some of that money drive out to hunters point and build a park for sum of dem po black folk

Gabriella84 said:

you know why you are on that boat :suck: :boobies:

manu1959 said:
you should take some of that money drive out to hunters point and build a park for sum of dem po black folk

She has to take time out for herself, it's way to stressful trying to save the world. I'm sure as she's lazing around on that really cool expensive boat with her really cool rich friends, she's drawing up them plans for those parks for all them poor, less fortunate than she is. :spank3: Gab your shallowness is showing. :puke:

Stephanie said:
She has to take time out for herself, it's way to stressful trying to save the world. I'm sure as she's lazing around on that really cool, expensive boat with her really cool rich friends, she's drawing up them plans for those parks,for all them poor, less fortunate than she is. :puke: :spank3:

I am still trying to figure out how she does all the thing she does and still manages to never skip 12 hour posting messages on this board. She must really love this sight, versus spending time with her fiancé and friends.

You're underhanded comments surely are meant to devalue the service our brave young men and women contribute to our nation. You cannot compare a job as a teacher to the job of a soldier.

Without teachers, there would be no soldiers. Or any other profession. You have to be educated to develop your thought processes. Even someone like you should understand that.

Do you purchase your white sheets and hoods locally, or do you get then on the internet?

you know why you are on that boat...

Jealousy will get you nothing but a vicarious thrill. But if you are a nice boy and stay out of trouble, I might tell you about it sometime. :boobies:

Nope think not. I for one would be ashamed to start a thread with your so called shameful bragging of whatever, shallow and materialist nothing. But we all know you have no shame and apologize for nothing, so this stupid thread of yours is totatally worthless. And to put it in .....Why I Love America...... shows you how shallow and small a person can be, thats all :laugh:

Gabriella84 said:
Yes, isn't it great to live in this country? But this country didn't just pop out of God's forehead. It has a long past and historical tradition that stretches back to the Hebrews.

Consider this....
1. You don't have to belong to a certain group or political party to enjoy the best of this country, you merely have to apply yourself. Unlike other countries where you must belong to the Communist Party or belong to the family of the King. This is partly due to the idea that all men are created equal under the Law (which comes from the Hebrews) and the idea of democracy (which came from the Greeks). This certainly isn't true in Fidel Castro's Cuba, Kim Jung Il's North Korea or Saudi Arabia, but it is true in (the so called) George W. "Hitler" Bush's America!

2. You can do all of this with great certainty of your security and well being, thanks in part to a a strong military and to a set of laws that are applied regardless of your class status. The idea that laws are to rule us started with the Hebrews, continued through the institution of the Magna Carta and onwards through the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. Democracy and the rights of humans is a Western idea, not an Eastern one.

3. The fact that we have so much wealth is testament to the benefits and blessings of a free market economy, although presently unduly burdened by government interference is still capable of producing great wealth.

4. Class mobility ---- notice that your friend came from England to this country to make and keep his fortune. In England, wealthy people have to pony up over 80% of their income to the government (perhaps, more like 90%)... such confiscatory taxes only keeps those in the bottom rungs of society stuck there, dependent on government and saps initiative.

So the next time you have something to say about the present administration and it's defending the very freedoms you enjoy, think about these things (considering that you even have the freedom to criticize this administration and get away with it it remarkable in itself!). The next time you talk about a "woman's choice" consider that the baby whose life she decides to end will never be able to enjoy these things. Consider that morality is necessary to the preservation of freedom and that dead White Males helped to bring a lot of the things about that you enjoyed that morning.

Gabriella84 said:

Was it living in America or the rewards you recieved from God that enabled you to go sailing ?

Stephanie said:
Nope think not. I for one would be ashamed to start a thread with your so called shameful bragging of whatever, shallow and materialist nothing. But we all know you have no shame and apologize for nothing, so this stupid thread of yours is totatally worthless. And to put it in .....Why I Love America...... shows you how shallow and small a person can be, thats all :laugh:

I agree. There is nothing in her post that has anything to do with being American. Heck even in the Middle East, a young woman that is or even isn't willing, can 'enjoy' the fruits of labor that Gabby is putting out. Has nothing to do with freedom, has everything to do with men and power.

Gabriella84 said:

What about the cat? Does it understand mommy and daddy are still together even though daddy lives in another house far, far away? Wouldn't want it to have a complex, I mean all the other cats might make fun of it.

Wait a minute - if "Rob" is in San Francisco, and she's been flying out every OTHER weekend, I damn well want to know what happened to the gorgeous townhouse they have. Especially since NOW she's pretty much laid claim to living in a bad neighborhood...

Shattered said:
Wait a minute - if "Rob" is in San Francisco, and she's been flying out every OTHER weekend, I damn well want to know what happened to the gorgeous townhouse they have. Especially since NOW she's pretty much laid claim to living in a bad neighborhood...

Anyone else think it strange that she is having this fab weekend, but on the USMB at 11pm on Sat. night? Hmmm, I don't think I've ever used my friend's computer to read a messageboard. Check emails a couple times, but that's about it. :rolleyes:

Kathianne said:
Anyone else think it strange that she is having this fab weekend, but on the USMB at 11pm on Sat. night? Hmmm, I don't think I've ever used my friend's computer to read a messageboard. Check emails a couple times, but that's about it. :rolleyes:

:poke: Townhouse story first! Then we can get to yours. :clap1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back