Why I Don't Fall for Manmade Global Warming

my entire career has been in science

Being the janitor at a science laboratory might qualify you to make that claim but no one who posts the ludicrous drivel that you do would ever pass peer review in a legitimate scientific environment.

Your OP topic is 100% subjective and has zero substantiation. Genuine scientists would laugh at loud at your claims.

mann_treering.jpg

"Real Scientist"

LOLz

Hide the Decline

Mann's Nature Trick

Data? Wuzzdat? My dog ate my data

Being the janitor at a science laboratory might qualify you to make that claim but no one who posts the ludicrous drivel that you do would ever pass peer review in a legitimate scientific environment.

Your OP topic is 100% subjective and has zero substantiation. Genuine scientists would laugh at loud at your claims.

I'm certain that more than 80% of the items claimed in the OP can be easily substantiated. In Fact -- informed folks already know they are true..

Checked into solar power here in California, 100% Democrat controlled:
No financial incentive offered.
Net metering ends soon.
You can only build enough solar to meet your demand, no more.
Legislation is currently in progress to tax solar users because "they don't pay their fair share"

You see hundreds of private jets fly into climate change conferences, mansions heated and cooled by the doomsayers, etc etc.
Like I said, when leftards start acting like its a crisis I will start listening.

Think the deniers believe but don't wanna accept that their chidlren and grandchildren are royally fucked.

I'm certain that more than 80% of the items claimed in the OP can be easily substantiated. In Fact -- informed folks already know they are true..

And yet when you try to substantiate those claims they turn out to be false.

Google

Show me evidence of any Gorebal Warmer believing in it. Not in telling ME what to do, but how they have changed their lives. Game Over. They all still use fossil fuels and happily enjoy their lucrative life styles in the global warming scam.
Al Gore still heats and cools his mansions and the leftist leadership in Calif has destroyed the solar market. Pelosi even killed a solar project in the desert with a lame excuse it would harm turtles, as if they can't crawl under panels.
Start dancing to the song you sing then and only then do you have a right to ask us to join.

Show me evidence of any Gorebal Warmer believing in it. Not in telling ME what to do, but how they have changed their lives. Game Over. They all still use fossil fuels and happily enjoy their lucrative life styles in the global warming scam.
Al Gore still heats and cools his mansions and the leftist leadership in Calif has destroyed the solar market. Pelosi even killed a solar project in the desert with a lame excuse it would harm turtles, as if they can't crawl under panels.
Start dancing to the song you sing then and only then do you have a right to ask us to join.

Thank you for exposing your partisan political bias and proving that your OP has nothing whatsoever to do with the environment but instead is just another feckless excuse to bash Democrats.

flacaltenn can you move this thread into Politics where it belongs now that the OP has openly admitted that he doesn't actually care about the environment?

TYIA

Google

Nope.. Lemme give ya a few googling tips.. ALWAYS use the "time span" qualifier if you're looking for news and not just a jumble of ads and history..

California Utilities and Solar Companies Battle Over Electricity Prices

Pacific Gas and Electric is proposing an overhaul of the way customers are charged for electricity, which the utility says would be more fair for many customers. But solar companies see it as a direct attack, because the changes could make installing solar panels less appealing.

The debate is just one more battle in a slow-simmering war between electric utilities and solar companies.

“We have far and away the most customer solar,” says Jonathan Marshall, a spokesman for PG&E. One-quarter of all rooftop solar systems in the country are found in PG&E’s service area.

Marshall says PG&E isn’t against solar. The problem, as he sees it, is that solar customers aren’t paying their share of keeping up the electric grid.

“In fact, they use the grid more than almost anyone,” he says, “because they’re selling power back into it.”

Confirmed 2 of the OP assertions right there and could dig deeper..

Now you try it ---- what is the current political battle in Cali over solar subsidies??

Net-metering coverage for home solar expires soon. And it's GONNA be renegotiated to the detriment of NEW solar owners..

Hoping for the day when enviro issues are NOT turned into political footballs. But we would have to get govt OUT of the science biz to help that happen.. Thread is fine in Enviro...

wow, seems you just defined global warming by the left!! ding, ding, ding!!!

Thank you for exposing your partisan political bias and proving that your OP has nothing whatsoever to do with the environment but instead is just another feckless excuse to bash Democrats.

flacaltenn can you move this thread into Politics where it belongs now that the OP has openly admitted that he doesn't actually care about the environment?

TYIA
You denying it's the Democrat party is the one pushing the global warming myth? Watch Ted Cruz rip apart the head of the Sierra Club yesterday. This guy is telling everyone needs to make huge sacrifices (which no major liberal has ever done themselves) and the guy is a total idiot. Cruz asked about satellite data and he didn't have a clue about any data. Every question was responded with a silence as he had to turn to his handlers for a response. It's all on YouTube.
Now do a little free thinking excersize. Go see what the head of Sierra Club makes and the house he owns.
He doesn't really believe it is a crisis, that I know.

Google

Nope.. Lemme give ya a few googling tips.. ALWAYS use the "time span" qualifier if you're looking for news and not just a jumble of ads and history..

California Utilities and Solar Companies Battle Over Electricity Prices

Pacific Gas and Electric is proposing an overhaul of the way customers are charged for electricity, which the utility says would be more fair for many customers. But solar companies see it as a direct attack, because the changes could make installing solar panels less appealing.

The debate is just one more battle in a slow-simmering war between electric utilities and solar companies.

“We have far and away the most customer solar,” says Jonathan Marshall, a spokesman for PG&E. One-quarter of all rooftop solar systems in the country are found in PG&E’s service area.

Marshall says PG&E isn’t against solar. The problem, as he sees it, is that solar customers aren’t paying their share of keeping up the electric grid.

“In fact, they use the grid more than almost anyone,” he says, “because they’re selling power back into it.”

Confirmed 2 of the OP assertions right there and could dig deeper..

Now you try it ---- what is the current political battle in Cali over solar subsidies??

Actually that doesn't confirm what the OP intended at all. But that is because this is a political football for him.

In your quote PG&E state that they have the "most customer solar" so it isn't that they are opposed to solar at all. What this is actually about is how PG&E based their original business model before solar came on the scene. The cost to consumers included maintenance to the electric grid. Once the flow was reversed they failed to factor in that maintenance. They just need to change their pricing model and it might require legislation in order to make that happen because utilities are highly regulated.

But the OP is being utterly disingenuous when he tries to make that into a partisan political issue.

Net-metering coverage for home solar expires soon. And it's GONNA be renegotiated to the detriment of NEW solar owners..

Hoping for the day when enviro issues are NOT turned into political footballs. But we would have to get govt OUT of the science biz to help that happen.. Thread is fine in Enviro...

Renegotiations happen all the time. This isn't rocket science. It is just business as usual and hardly the basis for running down solar for partisan political purposes.

TYIA
You denying it's the Democrat party is the one pushing the global warming myth? Watch Ted Cruz rip apart the head of the Sierra Club yesterday. This guy is telling everyone needs to make huge sacrifices (which no major liberal has ever done themselves) and the guy is a total idiot. Cruz asked about satellite data and he didn't have a clue about any data. Every question was responded with a silence as he had to turn to his handlers for a response. It's all on YouTube.
Now do a little free thinking excersize. Go see what the head of Sierra Club makes and the house he owns.

You just can't stop :dig: your hole deeper, can you?

Why not just be honest and admit that you don't care about the environment?

Renegotiations happen all the time. This isn't rocket science. It is just business as usual and hardly the basis for running down solar for partisan political purposes.

You're witnessing peak solar, and the walk-back from massive subsidies and don't even realize it. And the suicidal hysteria of the Global Warming movement.
That's OK -- you'll get it eventually..

Net metering is ending because the same people who scream bloody murder about man made global warming are making it go away. Taking incentives away from going green tells you they don't believe in what they preach.

TYIA

You just can't stop :dig: your hole deeper, can you?

Why not just be honest and admit that you don't care about the environment?
I don't care about the environment? Democrats are killing green energy and closing nuke plants when they should be creating more incentives to go green and building a hundred nuke plants.
It is liberals who hate the environment.

Checked into solar power here in California, 100% Democrat controlled:
No financial incentive offered.
Net metering ends soon.
You can only build enough solar to meet your demand, no more.
Legislation is currently in progress to tax solar users because "they don't pay their fair share"

You see hundreds of private jets fly into climate change conferences, mansions heated and cooled by the doomsayers, etc etc.
Like I said, when leftards start acting like its a crisis I will start listening.

your "belief" in science has zero effect on its existence. the rest of your non sequiturs aren't worth response.

:cuckoo:

Really? The recent collapse of massive solar subsidies in Cali and reform of their harebrained "alternative" plans "aren't worth discussing"?

Weatherman is correct --- If you wanted to fix Global Warming tomorrow -- you would be building 100 new nuclear plants today.. Why isn't that happening? Because eco-leftists are MORE afraid of nuclear power (science) than they are of Global Warming..

it's a troll thread.

he has no interest in actually discussing the issue. and it wasn't stated in the manner you suggest.

so no, his troll isn't worth discussing. maybe if the thread were by a rational person. *shrug*

In Calif net metering dies in 2016. Dead. Deceased. Gone.
And Calif is 100% controlled by the people whining doomsday over global warming.
So they really don't believe it.

Plus it takes a special kind of narcissist to claim the current global climate is the optimum. 15,000 years ago the Great Lakes did not exist. 15,000 years ago I have no doubt the glacier that filled Yosemite valley was beautiful. But it sure is nice having places like Chicago and Yosemite.
And neither Halliburton nor I had anything to do with those changes.

Forum List

Back