Zone1 Why I believe in God

Because people told you to. Would you have believed in God if nobody around you did? Doubtful
Im not sure if it works like that, everything is somehow "told" at some point by someone, like to learn to speak for example even or my name or my birthday. If no one ever told me anything how i would know it? That being said, nowadays many people do not believe in God, it is a 50-50 where i am, some believe in God and some dont. So its not neccessarily because "everyone believes in God".

Im not sure if it works like that, everything is somehow "told" at some point by someone, like to learn to speak for example even or my name or my birthday. If no one ever told me anything how i would know it? That being said, nowadays many people do not believe in God, it is a 50-50 where i am, some believe in God and some dont. So its not neccessarily because "everyone believes in God".

Yeah, we have birthdays. In the west our birthday is, more or less, at the same time compared to where the Earth was around the Sun the previous year.

Kind of weird, but the Sun is hugely important to us.

In China, they use the lunar calendar, which means their birthday is on a different western date every year depending on when the lunar new year is. So it's based on the position of the Moon, rather than the Sun, though it includes the Sun to a certain degree.

God existed in the olden times, and people have carried it on.

There are people who don't believe in God or just don't care because they have the freedom to do so. But believing in God usually exists because they were told to.

Yeah, we have birthdays. In the west our birthday is, more or less, at the same time compared to where the Earth was around the Sun the previous year.

Kind of weird, but the Sun is hugely important to us.

In China, they use the lunar calendar, which means their birthday is on a different western date every year depending on when the lunar new year is. So it's based on the position of the Moon, rather than the Sun, though it includes the Sun to a certain degree.

God existed in the olden times, and people have carried it on.

There are people who don't believe in God or just don't care because they have the freedom to do so. But believing in God usually exists because they were told to.

You missed my point, no one told me in the sense that he forced me to do it. I heard from others though about God, I read from others about religions, but same could be said about anything else which exists or you ever have heard about.

You missed my point, no one told me in the sense that he forced me to do it. I heard from others though about God, I read from others about religions, but same could be said about anything else which exists or you ever have heard about.

They did an experiment once. One kid in the class was absent. So they told everyone else to say they believed something was true, but in reality it wasn't and it was ridiculous.

When the absent kid came back, they at first believed it wasn't true. Then over time they began to believe it more and more.

The same with things like everyone facing the same way on the subway or in elevators.

Humans will often conform.

They did an experiment once. One kid in the class was absent. So they told everyone else to say they believed something was true, but in reality it wasn't and it was ridiculous.

When the absent kid came back, they at first believed it wasn't true. Then over time they began to believe it more and more.

The same with things like everyone facing the same way on the subway or in elevators.

Humans will often conform.
I dont think there is much pressure to conformity in religions, definitely never exeperienced that, rather for wokeness, lgbtq etc. that you are "transphobic" "homophobic" etc. that you need to embrace it, rather for such things. Depends on the world region though but we speak about western countries.

I dont think there is much pressure to conformity in religions, definitely never exeperienced that, rather for wokeness, lgbtq etc. that you are "transphobic" "homophobic" etc. that you need to embrace it, rather for such things. Depends on the world region though but we speak about western countries.

Depends what you mean by pressure. For a lot of people the pressure is "If I reject God, then everyone who taught me things as a child must be a total liar"

Imagine thinking your parents were lying to you your whole life. That's PRESSURE.

Depends what you mean by pressure. For a lot of people the pressure is "If I reject God, then everyone who taught me things as a child must be a total liar"

Imagine thinking your parents were lying to you your whole life. That's PRESSURE.

Maybe if the parents are religious fanatics and you dont want to dissappoint them, or your father is a pastor or something. But for most people that is not the case, definitely was never for me. My parents never talked much about God, nor did they told me to pray, or anything.

Im not sure if it works like that, everything is somehow "told" at some point by someone
I was under the impression that 'someone' was supposed to be god. Or one's voices, of course.

Last edited:
I was under the impression that 'someone' was supposed to be god. Or one's voices, of course.
He revelead himself in the Prophets and Jesus Christ. He is also evident in everything around us. Our existence is a revealation of him. It doesnt neccessarily mean everyone needs to hear voices.

Forum List

Back