Why I am still a Democrat

The rest, some good Democrat stuff, stuff most Democrats already embrace. If Patriot actually agrees with it, he should be a Democrat, because it's what we Democrats are doing right now.
If you Dumbocrats were "already doing it now" - Bryan Dean Wright wouldn't be proposing it. Man alive, do you have any idea how stupid you sound when you post?!?

Your entire platform right now is bat-shit crazy. Total government control. Laughing at the U.S. Constitution. Forcing 6 year old girls to shower with strange men who are mentally unstable and sexually deviant. It's the reason why Donald freaking Trump is sitting in the White House right now.

I'm a Democrat because I'm intelligent and moral. It really is that simple.

Anyways, I sort of agree with most of what Wright says. Some of it was buzzword fluff, like "economic vitality." Duh. Does anyone run on the weak economy platform?

And there was that "no identity politics" strawmen, where they pretend equal rights for minorities is a horrible thing. We reject that, out of basic human decency, even if it does cost votes.

The rest, some good Democrat stuff, stuff most Democrats already embrace. If Patriot actually agrees with it, he should be a Democrat, because it's what we Democrats are doing right now.
You sound like a pussy whipped bitch...
Well she's a woman for starters...

Bryan Dean Wright has penned two exceptional articles about his side of the aisle. He is essentially proposing a left-wing version of the Tea Party - which is what I've been saying the left needs to do for about 5 years now. We cannot afford to have any more Nixon's and Clinton's in politics. We need men and women of character who will respect the law and facilitate transparency.

The right started that process with the Tea Party and the results have been encouraging. Around 1,000 seats changed hands from Democrats to Republicans during Barack Obama's terms.

This is a reasonable, rational liberal who I would be happy to reach across the aisle and work with - and what he is proposing here has the potential to rebuild the Democrat Party. I hope the left will listen and act on his advice. The nation will be much stronger for it.

Why I am still a Democrat (even though I can't stand my party right now)
Whoa, good for him.

In the meantime, here’s one simple idea: abandon divisive groups like “Gays for Obama” or “Latinos for Obama.” How refreshing it would be for committees to instead be based on our cities, like “Denver for Obama.” We’d all show up as neighbors – black and white, gay and straight.

Beautiful. How traditionally LIBERAL.

That's great to see, but it will be so counter-intuitive to most of them right now that it won't even register. They'll knock it off like flies.

I'd love to see a Right populist vs. Left populist paradigm come out of this. I just don't know if the Democratic party, as currently configured, can do it.
Exceptional post Mac1958. The part you pointed out is exactly the part I pointed out to my family when I read that. The sad part is - the Dumbocrats need and want divisiveness. Their history of failure (Obamacare being a great example) stands on it's own. What will they have left if they don't run on class warfare, etc.?

Bryan Dean Wright has penned two exceptional articles about his side of the aisle. He is essentially proposing a left-wing version of the Tea Party - which is what I've been saying the left needs to do for about 5 years now. We cannot afford to have any more Nixon's and Clinton's in politics. We need men and women of character who will respect the law and facilitate transparency.

The right started that process with the Tea Party and the results have been encouraging. Around 1,000 seats changed hands from Democrats to Republicans during Barack Obama's terms.

This is a reasonable, rational liberal who I would be happy to reach across the aisle and work with - and what he is proposing here has the potential to rebuild the Democrat Party. I hope the left will listen and act on his advice. The nation will be much stronger for it.

Whoa, good for him.

In the meantime, here’s one simple idea: abandon divisive groups like “Gays for Obama” or “Latinos for Obama.” How refreshing it would be for committees to instead be based on our cities, like “Denver for Obama.” We’d all show up as neighbors – black and white, gay and straight.

Beautiful. How traditionally LIBERAL.

That's great to see, but it will be so counter-intuitive to most of them right now that it won't even register. They'll knock it off like flies.

I'd love to see a Right populist vs. Left populist paradigm come out of this. I just don't know if the Democratic party, as currently configured, can do it.
Exceptional post Mac1958. The part you pointed out is exactly the part I pointed out to my family when I read that. The sad part is - the Dumbocrats need and want divisiveness. Their history of failure (Obamacare being a great example) stands on it's own. What will they have left if they don't run on class warfare, etc.?
Identity Politics have so consumed the more radicalized elements of the party for so long, that it's blinding them to other ways of thinking. That one little notion that I quoted is both powerful and simple, but it's outside their lane. They just don't see it, and nothing will make them see it.

I'm a Left-leaning independent, and this is pretty frustrating for me. I think the party would do fine on the issues if it would just stop with this division crap. I've read a lot of opinion pieces on how to "fix" the party, and NONE of them deals with this. That shows me how blind they are right now.

Look at the platform Bryan Dean Wright is proposing here. It's a platform that I could absolutely get onboard with. I would vote for this platform over Donald Trump any day.

Now that Trump’s officially won the White House here are 10 ways Dems must drain their own swamp
Good for you and him, I'm now a moderate independent who has over the decades learned not to trust either side with as much as hanging toilet paper on a roller.
Oh that's so lovely, but moderate? Hardly.
That's okay, the far left morons call me a RWNJ and the far right nutjobs call me a progressive moonbat..... Speaks volumes about you. :thup:

So basically across the political spectrum there's a consensus you're no moderate. Interesting. So was there some issue or something you wanted to go on about, or was this it? "I'm a moderate and you're not"?
How long have you suffered from delusions of intelligence?

I don't personally agree with the article, but I find it amusing that I'm a republican who believes in free trade, yet Trump is that antithesis to that, and closer who what the writer suggests the dems adopt. LOL

'Why I am still a Democrat'

The GOP wouldn't take you? :p

It's a JOKE - I'm just kidding!

Nothing wrong with a true blue-dog democrat who believes in hard work and a strong family, doesn't fall for the gender-identification nonsense, gorebal waming, and believes in a strong military. God Bless the thousands of them still out there.

I don't personally agree with the article, but I find it amusing that I'm a republican who believes in free trade, yet Trump is that antithesis to that, and closer who what the writer suggests the dems adopt. LOL
No surprise there - Trump is a life-long liberal.

Nothing wrong with a true blue-dog democrat who believes in hard work and a strong family, doesn't fall for the gender-identification nonsense, gorebal waming, and believes in a strong military. God Bless the thousands of them still out there.
It's such a shame that there aren't millions more.

It's such a shame that there aren't millions more.

There will be again.....blue-collar America voted for Trump. If the centrist democrats want any chance of luring them back, they'll hunt down and murder the progressive wing of that once-great party.

Er......um.....he said that the Tea Party was a bunch of extremist nut jobs who have become part of the problem.

I don't see any promise in this article at all other than whining about the ruin Progs have taken the country.

And yet, McConnell and Ryan see a usefulness to him.

They see what progressives don't - that he is the president of the United States now and there is nothing anyone can do about that.

They see what progressives don't - that he is the president of the United States now and there is nothing anyone can do about that.
Oh, I think they think he'll sign laws privatizing medicare and cutting social security.

Look at the platform Bryan Dean Wright is proposing here. It's a platform that I could absolutely get onboard with. I would vote for this platform over Donald Trump any day.

Now that Trump’s officially won the White House here are 10 ways Dems must drain their own swamp
Good for you and him, I'm now a moderate independent who has over the decades learned not to trust either side with as much as hanging toilet paper on a roller.
That's okay, the far left morons call me a RWNJ and the far right nutjobs call me a progressive moonbat..... Speaks volumes about you. :thup:

So basically across the political spectrum there's a consensus you're no moderate. Interesting. So was there some issue or something you wanted to go on about, or was this it? "I'm a moderate and you're not"?

I'd be horrified if you came at me in any other manner son, that would call for a re-evaluation of my mental state, always appreciate your positive confirmations.

Maybe Bryan Wright is unaware that you can be a democrat and still vote for Trump. Millions did. The democrat party already has their version of the Tea Party. It's called CUSA.

I'd be horrified if you came at me in any other manner son, that would call for a re-evaluation of my mental state, always appreciate your positive confirmations.
Looks like we understand each other then. At least you're moving in the right direction in this instance. :thup:

When the transition from the Bush to Obama administrations went down in the midst of the tits up economic meltdown, the economic “advisement” team of Paulson/Geitner/Summers was retained as if they would fix what they helped create. And in a way they did, for the substantial people at the expense of the middle and underclasses, via socialism. Goldman Sachs was Obama’s primary contributor, and at the very least, one of Hilary’s main contributors. There are already 5 Goldman Sachs higher ups in the Trump white house. And many still yet cling to partisanshit fantasy. Phuggin’ phenomenal.

Looks like we understand each other then. At least you're moving in the right direction in this instance. :thup:
As long as it ain't the same as your direction it is, thanks.

Forum List

Back