Why I am a Republican

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
Jon, how many republicans couldn't find WMD's in iraq?

you left yourself open for that one my friend :p:

the boys are still lookin....and notice I put must be running for office..:)

Originally posted by RightyRightOn
Democrats are WMD's

sorry..I cant agee with that.....We have a few folks on this board that would throw-out the baby with the bath water...one or two bad ones does not the whole bunch ruin

jon,

I meant the party and the philosophy, not the individuals. The individuals are just mindless victims.

jon,

I meant the party and the philosophy, not the individuals. The individuals are just mindless victims.

so odd that the same thing has been said about the republican party at times :laugh:

Originally posted by William Joyce
Righty, I only wish there were a party for you. Unfortunately, there isn't. The Republican Party USA, aka "the Stupid Party," and its Chimp-in-Chief, "Jorge" W. Bush, want to:

1. Open the floodgates to Mexican illegals, who will demand more social services, commit crimes, jack up costs and taxes, lower wages for working Americans, and generally make a mess.

2. Fight billion-dollar wars for Israel with your tax money, send your sons to die for Israel, and convince you that "terrorists" are the problem, when the only reason the "terrorists" are pissed is because of Israel.

So there you go. Republicans today want a Mexico-First Immigration Policy and an Israel-First Foreign Policy. Democrats would do the same thing, only with slightly less emphasis on Israel and slightly more on Mexico.

What about America?

It's always about race, isn't it? Don't you ever have anything else to say? Or would I be safe in saying that your brain is a broken record that can't get past your moronic blind hatred based on skin color? And would I then be able to ignore all your posts and know that I wasn't missing anything?

Originally posted by gop_jeff
It's always about race, isn't it? Don't you ever have anything else to say? Or would I be safe in saying that your brain is a broken record that can't get past your moronic blind hatred based on skin color? And would I then be able to ignore all your posts and know that I wasn't missing anything?

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I am a Christian. My religious beliefs are not compatible with abortion, an issue which democrats champion.

I am self-employed. I work 70 hours a week, I have to pay a high premium for insurance because most people get it cheap. I also have to pay high taxes. Democrats will make my insurance even more expensive. They will also raise my taxes the first chance they get. ( I don't want to hear any arguments about "free or universal" health care. There are no such things)

I had to pay for college out of my own pocket. I had to sit next a a liberal sap who got a free ride because he was a minority and he didn't even graduate.

I own guns and I hunt and fish. Democrats would like to take my guns, and protect the game I consume.

My wife stays at home to raise our children. 'Nuff said, democrats hate her.

I drive a big pickup truck (which I need for my business) and my wife has a big, safe SUV for transporting our children. Democrats want to make my vehicles smaller, less safe, less powerful and tax me for owning them.

I don't like terrorists. I have no interest in placating them, paying them off or leaving them alone. They are to be killed. Democrats don't seem to want to be tough in this matter.

These things make it impossible for me to be a democrat. Please feel free to tell me I am a dumbass. It won't change anything.

Righty,

Well said. While I am pro-life, I certainly am not a one-issue type like many Christian conservatives I see/hear. I am primarily a free-market conservative, but that matches very well with the GOP platform. While I have my problems with Bush, I think that he is the right president to deal with the threat of terrorism, and tht he is doing an outstanding job therein.

hard to have insight on a broken version of rush limbaugh.

Though bluntly stated, what if any of his original points are not true?

jon,

the democratic party is so splintered they ought to open a toothpick factory...look at all the trees we would save...

I am a republican because I don’t believe in affirmative action, welfare, Medicaid, social security, entitlements, illegal immigrant protection, inequity in taxes and gay marriage.

I am not religious.

I do believe in an unfettered right to own a gun, flat tax, working for a living, protecting my country, equal rights for all, appropriate levels of immigration, stiff penalties for criminals including white collar, restrained medical experimentation, environmental protection rules, judge inquiry/review, caps on lawsuits and speaking English.

And by the way, don’t be offended by the welcoming from some of our more dismissive members, they actually don’t think before they speak! Welcome aboard!

I am a Republican for the simple fact that I believe that man has greater control and is a better decision maker concerning his own destiny rather than government making those decisions for him.

Originally posted by Bern80
Though bluntly stated, what if any of his original points are not true?

I am a Christian. My religious beliefs are not compatible with abortion, an issue which democrats champion.

by stating this sentence he is declaring that all democrats champion abortion and are therefore not christian. First off, he'd need to define what it means to be christian, secondly he would need to recognize that 'pro-choice' isn't about religion or political affiliation except in the political and religious arena. People of all walks of life have opinions that take either side.

I am self-employed. I work 70 hours a week, I have to pay a high premium for insurance because most people get it cheap. I also have to pay high taxes. Democrats will make my insurance even more expensive. They will also raise my taxes the first chance they get. ( I don't want to hear any arguments about "free or universal" health care. There are no such things)

he doesn't pay a high premium because most people get it cheap, he pays a high premium because the insurance industry is the biggest scam around and because medical costs are expensive. As far as making things more expensive, seems to me that Bush has made my national debt more expensive than ever before, last I looked he was a republican.

I had to pay for college out of my own pocket. I had to sit next a a liberal sap who got a free ride because he was a minority and he didn't even graduate.

his own personal experience is supposed to set the precedent for the entire state of the nation? :rolleyes: I think thats placing WAY too much importance upon oneself.

I own guns and I hunt and fish. Democrats would like to take my guns, and protect the game I consume.

I own guns and I hunt and fish. kind of ruins that argument, doesn't it?

This would be an issue to take up with NOW, wouldn't it?

my wife has a big, safe SUV for transporting our children.

a bigger vehicle is not a safer vehicle.

Democrats want to make my vehicles smaller, less safe, less powerful and tax me for owning them.

is he paying taxes on his vehicles now? my guess is he is. what does that have to do with democrats?

I don't like terrorists. I have no interest in placating them, paying them off or leaving them alone. They are to be killed. Democrats don't seem to want to be tough in this matter.

did not almost all democrats vote with bush for the war on terror? Implying that democrats are soft on terror is a stupid political tactic designed to make the republicans feel better about themselves. nothing more, nothing less.

These things make it impossible for me to be a democrat. Please feel free to tell me I am a dumbass. It won't change anything.

this tells it all in a nutshell. It says that no matter what other evidence of anything is ever presented to him he will dismiss it out of hand. The sign of a closed mind.

did not almost all democrats vote with bush for the war on terror?

Is it just me, or does anyone else see the trend that the Democrats use the "war on terror" card when it becomes beneficial to their argument, and then play the "against the war on terror" card when it becomes beneficial to their other argument?

No disrespect intended DK, this is a general question, not so much addressed to you specifically.

Originally posted by lilcountriegal
Is it just me, or does anyone else see the trend that the Democrats use the "war on terror" card when it becomes beneficial to their argument, and then play the "against the war on terror" card when it becomes beneficial to their other argument?

No disrespect intended DK, this is a general question, not so much addressed to you specifically.

Agreed. I don't think that's been DK's stance but it's become apparent of the politicians who stood behind the War before the campaigning started. The sad thing is that there are many people that don't follow politics closely and will only hear the anti-bush rhetoric and won't realize that the same people sending these messages stood behind Bush a little over a year ago.

That's another commercial you'll see in the future. Don't think for one second their flip flopping words won't be used a couple thousand times as November nears.

Originally posted by lilcountriegal

understood, and i do agree with you on this part, im not fond of too many democrats currently in office anyway but what does that mean, i don't like most republicans in office right now either :mad:

To DK:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

by stating this sentence he is declaring that all democrats champion abortion and are therefore not christian. First off, he'd need to define what it means to be christian, secondly he would need to recognize that 'pro-choice' isn't about religion or political affiliation except in the political and religious arena. People of all walks of life have opinions that take either side.

-Most dems are pro abortion. You cannot tell me it isn't a part of thier agenda. Morality is a constant and not subject to opinion. Abortion is wrong, any way you look at it.

quote:

he doesn't pay a high premium because most people get it cheap, he pays a high premium because the insurance industry is the biggest scam around and because medical costs are expensive. As far as making things more expensive, seems to me that Bush has made my national debt more expensive than ever before, last I looked he was a republican.

-You obviously don't understand how insurance pays for medical services or how the government is involved. I don't have time to school you about it now. As far a a national debt goes, it is no different that the mortgage on my house. We did have to start a homeland security department on the fly and that wasn't cheap.

quote:

his own personal experience is supposed to set the precedent for the entire state of the nation? I think thats placing WAY too much importance upon oneself.

-Personal experiences define who we all are. Your statement is not an argument.

quote:

-No, I said that want to take my guns. Future tense. Duh.

quote:

-Yes it would. Most NOW memebers are dems.

quote:
my wife has a big, safe SUV for transporting our children.

-Really? Ever hear of physics?

quote:
Democrats want to make my vehicles smaller, less safe, less powerful and tax me for owning them.

is he paying taxes on his vehicles now? my guess is he is. what does that have to do with democrats?

-Democrats want to tax it MORE! C'mon, pay attention.

quote:

did not almost all democrats vote with bush for the war on terror? Implying that democrats are soft on terror is a stupid political tactic designed to make the republicans feel better about themselves. nothing more, nothing less.

-They did, but now they act like they didn't. they want to be on both sides of the issue, as always.

quote:

this tells it all in a nutshell. It says that no matter what other evidence of anything is ever presented to him he will dismiss it out of hand. The sign of a closed mind.

-Give me some evidence. I haven't seen any. Your mind seems rather closed as well.

100% on with you, brother.

But...what about our man GW? In terms of the War on Terror, he is doing exactly what ought to be done. Homeland security is good too, although Ashcroft gives me the heeby jeebies.

GW's domestic policy has gone astray. He just gave seniors a $400B entitlement, he has run the deficit off the rails, and is now talking about letting millions of illegal aliens stay if they just give us their name and address. Dear God in heaven...what is happening?!

What happened to fiscal discipline? What happened to smaller government is better government? What happened to his conservative principles?

I am concerned that other than the War(s), their will be too little distinction between GW and the Dem's message come election time. And let's not forget the BIG STICK the CiA has handed the Dem's to beat GW with throughout the entire campaign. What? No WMD anywhere! Holy $#%&, Batman!

Morality is a constant and not subject to opinion. Abortion is wrong, any way you look at it.

that would be YOUR moral code, its great that you have one, not everybody believes in the same morals or ethics. Its called free will. There are christians, catholics, buhddists(sp?), hindus, atheists and agnostics. Theres truly no singe right way except for the way you've chosen for yourself and to try to apply every moral standard YOU believe in as a way of life for all is a power grab over others lives.

-You obviously don't understand how insurance pays for medical services or how the government is involved. I don't have time to school you about it now.

Don't bother trying to 'school me' because I live with insurance nitemares on a daily basis. I know full well how it works and its still a huge scam thats bolstered by the government.

-Personal experiences define who we all are. Your statement is not an argument.

but your personal experience only defines the world to you, not as it is to a whole. Your experience in something may be different than mine which can give us two completely diverse outlooks on the subject. My statement was not intended as an argument, its just a point of fact.

-No, I said that want to take my guns. Future tense. Duh.

A focus group wants gun control, I don't. No future tense about it. You said democrats would like to take your guns but its not democrats, its a focus group of gun control idiots that have more democrats than republicans supporting them is all.

-Yes it would. Most NOW memebers are dems.

most republicans are fiscally conservative but bush is spending like a drunken sailor, should I then lump all republicans as drunken sailors?

-Really? Ever hear of physics?

of course, but do you really think you're going to survive a head on with a fuel truck in an suv over a volkswagon? not bloody likely. I'm sure that if you have a head on with a volkswagon though, you'll come out of it pretty good, safety is a relative term and condition.

-They did, but now they act like they didn't. they want to be on both sides of the issue, as always.

and you haven't seen me stand up for any democrat doing this, have you?

-Give me some evidence. I haven't seen any. Your mind seems rather closed as well.

then you haven't been paying attention either. I've presented good arguments and evidence on several topics, just as I've listened and learned from many arguments and evidence on here, is that the sign of a closed mind?

Denying that abortion is a dem championed issue just makes you look like an idiot. Look like, mind you. I realize you are not.
But the Dems are championing healthcare for all. do you think this will increase costs on THOSE WHO ACTUALLY PAY ANYTHING or lessen them? Be honest. And nice topic change to the national debt at the end.
his own personal experience is supposed to set the precedent for the entire state of the nation? :rolleyes: I think thats placing WAY too much importance upon oneself.
Just because you feel your job is threatened by outsourcing you've convinced yourself that the main issue in the upcoming election will be jobs. That's self centered too. We're all self centered. Except bully, he's got a monopoly on the world's karma.

Any run of the mill mainstream lefty will tell you that women who stay at home are being repressed by their husbands and are not living up to their full potential. Of course, what really upsets them is the decrease in taxable income when mother's stay home. Plus, leftist day care centers cannot begin shoving their agenda down the nation's children. This upsets them.
Yes it is.

Here's the big difference dk. All the dems now are acting as if it was the wrong thing to do. Republicans still stand behind the decision.

It doesn't say that at all. All it says is that up till now, what he's seen keeps him from being a dem. It implies nothing about the future.

Owned much?

Originally posted by montyfowler
100% on with you, brother.

But...what about our man GW? In terms of the War on Terror, he is doing exactly what ought to be done. Homeland security is good too, although Ashcroft gives me the heeby jeebies.

GW's domestic policy has gone astray. He just gave seniors a $400B entitlement, he has run the deficit off the rails, and is now talking about letting millions of illegal aliens stay if they just give us their name and address. Dear God in heaven...what is happening?!

What happened to fiscal discipline? What happened to smaller government is better government? What happened to his conservative principles?

I am concerned that other than the War(s), their will be too little distinction between GW and the Dem's message come election time. And let's not forget the BIG STICK the CiA has handed the Dem's to beat GW with throughout the entire campaign. What? No WMD anywhere! Holy $#%&, Batman!

Oh wow. conservatives are turning on gw? Gee, he must be gonna lose! faker.

DK,

Morals and ethics are not the same. Morality is a constant. Don't lie, cheat, steal, kill etc. Ethics are subject to society, laws and opinions. Morality is not.

You are correct that the insurance nightmare is a scam bolstered by the government. Democrats push the insurance coverage on employers, making it expensive for people like me. I apologize for being condescending, but I hadn't had any coffee yet.

If you don't want gun control, don't vote for dems.

Big vehicles are safer than small ones. You have made my point for me. You will never convince me that a 5 star safety rated Saturn is safer than my F150. I do not trust the govt enought to tell me what is safe and what isn't.

Please understand that I am not supporting specific republicans. I am talking about general ideals held by the parties. Bush has done things I am not happy with, but I will still take him over any democrat.

I guess if we were both closed minded, we would be here posting.

Forum List

Back