Why Haven't Obama's Policies Helped The Economy?

It's a very similar situation. Without the stimulus, the economy would have remained in recession throughout 2009 and we'd have several million fewer jobs today. If you think that's a better situation, I don't really know what to tell you.

Without the stimulus the bad companies would fail, new companies would prosper, and unemployment would have been under 8% like Obama's advisor said the stimulus would make it.

Doubtful. Without the stimulus, unemployment would likely be 12-13% right now (if not higher).

It's a very similar situation. Without the stimulus, the economy would have remained in recession throughout 2009 and we'd have several million fewer jobs today. If you think that's a better situation, I don't really know what to tell you.

Without the stimulus the bad companies would fail, new companies would prosper, and unemployment would have been under 8% like Obama's advisor said the stimulus would make it.

Doubtful. Without the stimulus, unemployment would likely be 12-13% right now (if not higher).

Neither one of us can prove either one of those claims now can we?

;)

And that was my point with my other post, I wanted you to call me out about not being able to prove it even though you didn't effectivily diminishing your first post claiming that without the stimulus it would be worse....you really can't prove that.

You can only prove that under the stimulus the unemployment is at 9% and GDP is hovering at, or just below, 1% growth.

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf

World Bank, World Development Indicators - Google Public Data Explorer

Last edited:
The 2008 meltdown created a three trillion dollar hole in the economy. Obama tried plugging it with a less than one trillion stimulus. We're also facing massive unemployment, something that's a legacy of the 2008 meltdown and that can't really be blamed on Obama. We're also facing a consumer strike, as consumers (consumer spending is 70% of GDP) cut spending as their equity (house, stockls) is shot to bits and they don't know if they'll be in employment next month.

So there's really not a lot he can do. Further stimulus is off the table due to the GOP, consumers aren't going to feel like spending until they've reduced their debt and feel secure in their jobs and the economy in general. It's going to take a long time for things to get better, and it doesn't look like they will anytime soon.

"And I'm saying it bluntly, that this administration is the greatest wet blanket to business, and progress and job creation in my lifetime." Steve Wynn on the NeoMarxist in the WH

Read more: Wynn CEO Goes On Epic Anti-Obama Rant On Company Conference Call

Yep, that guy was one of george Bush's biggest supporters and he supported all of Geiorge's successful policies like deregulating the financial industry. He's a big GOP donor and here he is repeating GOP talking points. So what?

Steve Wynn is a Democrat, you fucking Tool

"And I'm saying it bluntly, that this administration is the greatest wet blanket to business, and progress and job creation in my lifetime." Steve Wynn on the NeoMarxist in the WH

Yep, that guy was one of george Bush's biggest supporters and he supported all of Geiorge's successful policies like deregulating the financial industry. He's a big GOP donor and here he is repeating GOP talking points. So what?

Jeff Immelt is a Republican.

Your turn.

;)

And that was my point with my other post, I wanted you to call me out about not being able to prove it even though you didn't effectivily diminishing your first post claiming that without the stimulus it would be worse....you really can't prove that.

You can only prove that under the stimulus the unemployment is at 9% and GDP is hovering at, or just below, 1% growth.

I can prove it, but you won't believe the proof, so what's the point?

Since when? He was Bush appointee to the Kennedy Center board and while he's given money to candidates of both parties, his donations to Republicans have been much larger.

TM has never recognized the truth and never seen the truth so he is irrelevant to this conversation. Obama has fail because he does not know what a job is, he has never had one. His entire life has been spent using other peoples money and just doesn't know what to do. We elected the wrong guy.

And you know this because...Obama tells you so. :clap2:

;)

I can prove it, but you won't believe the proof, so what's the point?
You can't prove it.

No, I know it because professional analysts, who are paid by large companies to assess the impact of legislation, said so.

No, I know it because professional analysts, who are paid by large companies to assess the impact of legislation, said so.

Are these the same analysts fond of using the word "unexpectedly" quite often?

Cool. See if they can tell me the Powerball numbers for Saturday.

Forum List

Back