Why have a standing Army Policy?

We cannot. We are in a debt death spiral.
Sure we can. All we need to do is redirect our priorities.
Given the danger of letting someone else protect our national interest, the priority level for this needs to be high.

We're going to end up as a giant 3rd world country where our only merit will be a massive bloated military sucking up every nickel we produce.
Hyperbole and melodrama are not support for a sound point.

But it apparantly passes as cogent thought in some circles. See NYCarbinated, Shittowel, TM....

8 months of working on my quals to get my Dolphins
He has no idea what those are.

come to think of it, most people wouldn't.

It would take a long time to explain 'quals', but basically I learned everything about the sub. well,,, 95%, we were not allowed into the reactor room.

The Dolphins

Watch a movie that has people on subs, they will have gold or silver Dolphins over thier pockets or on thier hats. Those are earned, fail to do so, and you are out, and sent to the surface fleet. A fate far, far worse that death by bunga bunga.

You do know that you go to sea in boats that are designed to sink, don't you? That proves that subbies are mentally defective. Not to mention the fact that the surface fleet is the Navy. :razz:

It took me a long time to earn my ESW badge, I wish the surface fleet was as willing to make sure everyone had a basic understanding of the workings of the ship as the sub fleet. I always gave my friends in subs a hard time, but they got that part right.

FYI. the engine room isn't that complicated.

What country would be stupid enough to attempt an invasion of America?
Once we undertake your plan, a successful invasion could be brought by three squirrels and a rabid mongoose.

How would they invade, from where, how many? Just more reason to put US troops on US soil, before disbanding them.
Your lack of relevant education is showing.
Troops on our shores don't protect us from invation, ships at sea do.
Just like they protect SLOC.

Figure out that SLOC is yet?

My lack of education? LOL! I did my nam time. Who said anything about troops swimming out to ships to do battle? Oh, that is right! You did. Now what makes you think a troop ship could get within a 1000 miles of our shoreline? We could blow out of the water with a missile, etc. Take a deep breath, you are safe in America.:lol::lol: And you don't engage ships with ships anymore. Maybe a sub, but most likely a missile.

Aren't you the one that wants to eliminate 95% of the military budget? Just how much of that budget do you think goes to those multi million dollar missiles, not to mention the R&D required to make them work the way they are supposed to? We had to recertify every year just to make sure we were allowed to have missiles on the ship, and that took a significant chunk of our training time every year. The maintenance that you are dismissing as insignificant takes up almost 25% of the Navy's budget, and I bet it takes up at least 10% of the Army's. ?Your cuts are based on your complete disconnect from the real world.

95%?

There wouldn't be enough people to defend NJ.
The National guard is part of the DoD, isn't it?

Malitias? good lord, you clearly don't understand what goes into training people to work as a unit, let alone get the basics done.

Boot camp is 8 - 12 weeks. And that's just to learn the basics.

I'm all for closing overseas bases. Let those countreis fend for themselves.

But 95% is comical.

What would you do with all the Vets that are suddenly unemployed and unprepared for civilian life?

How many billion do you figure you need to polish toilet seats?

You clearly have no grasp of what it takes to be a soldier or sailor, none.

8 weeks of boot camp
6 weeks of sub school
36 weeks of 'A' School
10 weeks of 'C' School
8 months of working on my quals to get my Dolphins

You truly expect a militia or weekend warriors do what full time active duty Vets do?

This is a good idea only in your head, in reality, it's suicide and has been shown to fail time and time again.

LMAO!! And all you needed was your combat clothes, a rifle & ammo, and someone to butcher.

Weekend warriors as you call them, the National Guard, are all over the ME & in he war. They didn't tell you? Some of the first troops captured were NGs during the Iraq invasion. Some of the combat POWs were NGs.

Now, if all our US Troops were home, they could be on a call list. Ohhh, My!! I am so intelligent to think of that!!! I guarantee you, if there was a whiff about America being invaded they would even be calling me. So don't worry, I will save you.

Once we undertake your plan, a successful invasion could be brought by three squirrels and a rabid mongoose.

My lack of education? LOL! I did my nam time. Who said anything about troops swimming out to ships to do battle? Oh, that is right! You did. Now what makes you think a troop ship could get within a 1000 miles of our shoreline? We could blow out of the water with a missile, etc. Take a deep breath, you are safe in America.:lol::lol: And you don't engage ships with ships anymore. Maybe a sub, but most likely a missile.

Aren't you the one that wants to eliminate 95% of the military budget? Just how much of that budget do you think goes to those multi million dollar missiles, not to mention the R&D required to make them work the way they are supposed to? We had to recertify every year just to make sure we were allowed to have missiles on the ship, and that took a significant chunk of our training time every year. The maintenance that you are dismissing as insignificant takes up almost 25% of the Navy's budget, and I bet it takes up at least 10% of the Army's. ?Your cuts are based on your complete disconnect from the real world.

I offered you 5% more. Now do with that and be quiet. That is all you get, maybe less. And if you are going to bring up these wacko scenarios, at least back up your hard drive with some facts of actual costs. What missile cost multi-million dollars? And forget all the fancy re-certifying BS that wastes money. Just walk up and press the damned button when called to do so.

I think the best military policy for America right now is to bring all of our US troops home, and cut the Military budget by about 95%, just enough to keep the lights on and maintain equipment. The military represents over 50% of the budget (50-54%).

Then start depending on volunteer militia and National Guard from the states for any in country defense, and forget any outside country which is the jurisdiction of the UN.

Crack. Pipe. Down. Please.

My lack of education? LOL! I did my nam time.
Yes, your lack of edication - if you did time in Nam it's because you werent bright enough to get into college.
Figure out what SLOC is yet?

Wonderful idea.

And when some country decides to take advantage of that policy by mounting an invasion we can expect the militia to get their act together, meet up, reactivate all their equipment, and repel the invasion instantly.

Now I know why you think this is a good idea, you are bat shit crazy.

What country would be stupid enough to attempt an invasion of America? How would they invade, from where, how many? Just more reason to put US troops on US soil, before disbanding them. Bush Sr. spent about 2-3 months in the ME, just getting ready to invade. We send troops to the ME all the time that have no training. They learn to die over there.

Are we going to hurl names asshole?? I care less if you like the idea. How many troops do you want on US soil besides the National Guard? How about we cut 90% of the military budget? You like that?

Japan attacked us because we didn't have a standing Army, or a Navy, that was anywhere near large enough to worry them. The reason no country wants to take us on now is that we have that Army you think is useless.

Like I said, bat shit crazy.

Hog wash, and you are talking out your ass. Japan didn't care if we had a standing Army in Hawaii. Without ships, you are left standing. Of course you could swim to Japan. But that was then, this is now, and you don't need a military in peace time. A few nukes in the ME and your army would be reduced to shit. Expect that long before anyone thinks of invading us. Let the UN do their job.

Has anyone even thought of the ripple effect that cutting 95% out of the defense budget would have? I hope people realize how many private businesses are contracted by our federal government in respects to defense. just sayin......

LMAO!! And all you needed was your combat clothes, a rifle & ammo, and someone to butcher.
Get a clue.
I dont care of you have to beg, borrow, steal, or grow one - just get one.
All you're doing here is self-sodomizing your credibility as a sentient being.

You are just being a fucking asshole trying the defend, what is undependable, asshole. Suck mah nuts!

You can't justify a military, so let the UN do their job, bring the troops home, and cut the fucking budget to 90%.

I think the best military policy for America right now is to bring all of our US troops home, and cut the Military budget by about 95%, just enough to keep the lights on and maintain equipment. The military represents over 50% of the budget (50-54%).

Then start depending on volunteer militia and National Guard from the states for any in country defense, and forget any outside country which is the jurisdiction of the UN.

Crack. Pipe. Down. Please.

As long as your playing pocket pool, suck mah cock asshole.

My lack of education? LOL! I did my nam time.
Yes, your lack of edication - if you did time in Nam it's because you werent bright enough to get into college.
Figure out what SLOC is yet?

I have my college degree in Psychology to analyze ***** for brains like you. Do you have a degree in metal shop you want to share with us, you fucking moron.

Has anyone even thought of the ripple effect that cutting 95% out of the defense budget would have? I hope people realize how many private businesses are contracted by our federal government in respects to defense. just sayin......

"This Year, Contractor Deaths Exceed Military Ones in Iraq and Afghanistan"

While 95% is extreme, these are extreme times. If you grouped all of the true defense spending together everything from NASA to DHS, all intel, NSA, DoD etc it might account for 25% of the total budget. If you threw in foreign aid maybe 28-30%.

I have no problem cutting that by 70%, ending both wars tomorrow and closing almost all of our overseas bases. We can share space with allies in their facilities abroad anyway as long as we participate in NATO etc.

Our real defense needs are not being met, and the costs are prohibitive.

But even if you cut military spending entirely, that still won't balance the budget.

Forum List

Back