Why have a standing Army Policy?

Your lack of relevant education is showing.
Troops on our shores don't protect us from invation, ships at sea do.
Just like they protect SLOC.
Figure out that SLOC is yet?
My lack of education? LOL! I did my nam time.
Yes, your lack of edication - if you did time in Nam it's because you werent bright enough to get into college.
Figure out what SLOC is yet?

Bright enough? I was in Nam. My dad died when I was 16, we could not afford college.
I started trade school in electronics while working 40 hours a week or so. Studying electronics. Got drafted and the army (could not get into the gusrd like some) in it's wisdom put me in infantry.
Finished Tech school when I escaped Nam mostly alive. Worked ever since. Well up till about a year or so ago.

I have my college degree in Psychology....
Yeahright.
Did you earn it on-line, or old school - from a box of Cracker Jack?
Either way - you obviously didnt get your money's worth.

Still wondering if you figured out what SLOC is,

As I thought, you have a **** for brains. I am not wondering about anything, I sized you up and kicked your ass in this debate. You can't justify having a military, or one good reason why we need any troops deployed anywhere, or why the National Guard & our militia would not suffice to protect the Untied States.

You are just being a fucking asshole trying the defend, what is undependable, asshole. Suck mah nuts!
Clearly, you have run out of talking points.
Let us know when you can behave like an adult.

Hey, you get what you ask for bitch. Don't play angel ass with me, you started it fuckhead. I just finished it.

I have my college degree in Psychology....
Yeahright.

As I thought, you have a **** for brains. I am not wondering about anything, I sized you up and kicked your ass in this debate. You can't justify having a military, or one good reason why we need any troops deployed anywhere, or why the National Guard & our militia would not suffice to protect the Untied States.

Shintao, you haven't kicked anyone's ass. You gave your opinion. just sayin....

I think the best military policy for America right now is to bring all of our US troops home, and cut the Military budget by about 95%, just enough to keep the lights on and maintain equipment. The military represents over 50% of the budget (50-54%).

Then start depending on volunteer militia and National Guard from the states for any in country defense, and forget any outside country which is the jurisdiction of the UN.

While 95% is extreme, these are extreme times. If you grouped all of the true defense spending together everything from NASA to DHS, all intel, NSA, DoD etc it might account for 25% of the total budget. If you threw in foreign aid maybe 28-30%.

I have no problem cutting that by 70%, ending both wars tomorrow and closing almost all of our overseas bases. We can share space with allies in their facilities abroad anyway as long as we participate in NATO etc.

Our real defense needs are not being met, and the costs are prohibitive.

But even if you cut military spending entirely, that still won't balance the budget.

There is some comfortable level the US can live with and let the UN do it's job. It might be 80% or 90% or 95%. Put the fleet in moth balls until we need it to defend America. Send the troops home to their mothers. The idea is to pay down the debt by eliminating items that do not pertain to you or me or Americans in general. We don't need a military, or foreign aid, or corporate aid, or bail outs. If we can't cut sufficiently, then raise taxes and pay for the fiddler. That alone should be incentive to cut foreign spending.

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron.

Dwight Eisenhower

Who wants to dispute his point?

Lol,

That would be a little extreme. I think we could cut Military Spending by 20-30% and that would make a huge dent in deficit spending. We need a sizable military, trained and ready, it just doesn't need to be the size it is in my opinion. Also Special forces are vitally important, as opposed to your National Guard/volunteer militia plan...

It's crazy to cut defense when you have troops in harms way. People are still dying and everyone is talking about cutting.

Cut elsewhere....where someone's life isn't at risk.

End the war and start cutting only then.

I think the best military policy for America right now is to bring all of our US troops home, and cut the Military budget by about 95%, just enough to keep the lights on and maintain equipment. The military represents over 50% of the budget (50-54%).

Then start depending on volunteer militia and National Guard from the states for any in country defense, and forget any outside country which is the jurisdiction of the UN.

How about first thing we do is kick the U.N. off American soil then we can talk.

Yeahright.

Shintao, you haven't kicked anyone's ass. You gave your opinion. just sayin....

You haven't read the thread then. The closest he came to a rebuttal was making a claim the only reason for the US military is National Interests, which of course is bullshit. Basically all he has contributed is bullshit and personal insults.

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron.

Dwight Eisenhower

Eisenhower was a perfumed warrior.

Most advances in science and technology were funded by the Department of Defense and NASA. And because in the past we were the only country that had the balls and the morality to act as a buffer between aggressors and the innocent I don't see where you get your silly ideas from...

..oh....I forgot about our colleges and universities.

Hmm, I will reply my argument for this as best I can:

1. I do not see how the Defense Budget can account for 50-54% of the budget*, I do not know where that came from, I will try to find sources on it.

2. To do that, would be to put thousands upon thousands out of a job, and I mean millions, all combined, their is around 1.4 million Active-Duty Service Members**. So, to do that would be, say the least, insane.

3. We are the most powerful nation in the world, we are a target. Many do not like us, some for no other reason then we have the greatest military strength in the world. Some do not like us for reasons, I could see as, valid. So, not having a military sounds like a bad idea there.

4. We always have members in coalitions for other nations, to not have a standing Army would be rather difficult to help others, and you can't simply "ignore" other nations, or become isolated. Their was a period in US History (several actually) where Isolationists wanted us to ignore the world, well, that is a TERRIBLE idea. Sure, the US could, in theory, ignore the world, but do you think the world would ignore us? Look at how large our trading is.

* Source: https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/us.html & http://www.gpoaccess.gov/usbudget/fy11/pdf/budget/defense.pdf & Federal Budget Spending and the National Debt
** Source: DoD 101 An Introductory Overview of the Department of Defense - U.S. Department of Defense Official Website

Okay, I don't believe you are this stupid.

You libs say I troll? There is no way you could be THIS delusional that your scenario is even possible.

I think you are just being provocative to get conservatives upset.

Because if you are serious, there is no need to even bother debating you and no one should even waste their time.

You just are too far gone into unreality to even bother.

:cuckoo:

How about first thing we do is kick the U.N. off American soil then we can talk.
The UN is a joke. It has no power and no ability to enforce any of its edicts, except that which is loaned to it by other countries.

Allowing the UN to handle the security of the word is 1% as good an idea as having Barney Fife as your SWAT team.

Lol,

That would be a little extreme. I think we could cut Military Spending by 20-30% and that would make a huge dent in deficit spending. We need a sizable military, trained and ready, it just doesn't need to be the size it is in my opinion. Also Special forces are vitally important, as opposed to your National Guard/volunteer militia plan...

It's crazy to cut defense when you have troops in harms way. People are still dying and everyone is talking about cutting.

Cut elsewhere....where someone's life isn't at risk.

End the war and start cutting only then.

Best way to stop the killing is take the troops out of harms way, and bring them to American soil to be united with their families. Sound like a plan huh? Just cut the military because you don't need them right now. You have a National Guard and militia to watch your back. Be brave like the rest of the world is. Yes, troops home & then cut.

Dwight Eisenhower

Eisenhower was a perfumed warrior.

Most advances in science and technology were funded by the Department of Defense and NASA. And because in the past we were the only country that had the balls and the morality to act as a buffer between aggressors and the innocent I don't see where you get your silly ideas from...

..oh....I forgot about our colleges and universities.

I knew I could get Eisenhower thrown under the bus. and NO most advances in science and technology were not funded by the DoD and NASA,

a weird myth btw for idiots like you to promote, when you don't like government spending.

You're claiming that it was GOVERNMENT SPENDING that enabled most of the scientific and technological advances in history?

lol

Forum List

Back