Why Gay Marriage Is A Weird Political Hot Potato

What really burns my ass about this gay marriage deal is that we are in 2 friggin wars, the financial markets and dudes running those ripped us off big time, education is suffering, jobs are being lost, companies are moving over seas, a major oil spill, energy is high as hell, we have an immigration problem and 117 other major issues we have to deal with and you stupid fucks are worried about gays, 2 people that love each other for whatever resason, wanting to get married.

lost%20red%20herring.gif

Because it's impossible to worry about more than 1 issue at the same time. Is there anyone on these boards who only talks about gay marriage? I haven't met them yet.

Yes, I'm sure that the ONLY reason my wife and I got married 2 years ago legally even tho we've been together for almost 24 is just. to. get. under. your. skin.

Seems to have worked too. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Uh, excuse me Butch, er, Pat, er, Dude. You freaks weren't married. You were civilly unionized....This great state doesn't recogize deviant marriage.....It's that lil' prop. 8 thingamajigee....Now, get back in that fucking closet where ya' belong!

2043_fail_camera_Fail-s500x420-10287-580.jpg

Marriages that were made before Prop 8 are still legally recognized as marriages in California.

I'm still legal. It took us 25 years to get the opportunity and it's made a huge difference in our lives.

Uh, excuse me Butch, er, Pat, er, Dude. You freaks weren't married. You were civilly unionized....This great state doesn't recogize deviant marriage.....It's that lil' prop. 8 thingamajigee....Now, get back in that fucking closet where ya' belong!

2043_fail_camera_Fail-s500x420-10287-580.jpg

Marriages that were made before Prop 8 are still legally recognized as marriages in California.

I'm still legal. It took us 25 years to get the opportunity and it's made a huge difference in our lives.

And we're still legal too...tho not federally. And we won't go to states like Virginia, Florida, or Texas with their 3rd world laws....it's unsafe in case we had an accident or one of us got sick there.

I've found the medical establishment surprisingly receptive to our legal marital status. It came in handy because we had a medical emergency last year.

What really burns my ass about this gay marriage deal is that we are in 2 friggin wars, the financial markets and dudes running those ripped us off big time, education is suffering, jobs are being lost, companies are moving over seas, a major oil spill, energy is high as hell, we have an immigration problem and 117 other major issues we have to deal with and you stupid fucks are worried about gays, 2 people that love each other for whatever resason, wanting to get married.

lost%20red%20herring.gif

Because it's impossible to worry about more than 1 issue at the same time. Is there anyone on these boards who only talks about gay marriage? I haven't met them yet.

I do not worry about anything.
I am talking about ONLY those that OPPOSE gay marriage.
A non issue until someone makes it a problem.
Which, in light of all the undisputed facts I posted, is never a problem.

lost%20red%20herring.gif

I do not worry about anything.
I am talking about ONLY those that OPPOSE gay marriage.
A non issue until someone makes it a problem.
Which, in light of all the undisputed facts I posted, is never a problem.

Sorry then I misunderstood what you were getting at.

Even if there were no big problems in the world I still don't see why they would worry about gays.

The only reason the "militant gays" want it to be called a "marriage" is so they can get under our skin.

I am kin to a lesbian and she agrees with me... most all of her friends say a civil union that gives them the same rights as my wife & I is all they want.
To call it a marriage would require changing the definition of the word.

I could care less is Jim and John want to die as a couple of old hens or cocks :eusa_eh: uurrr ummm, nevermind, I think you get what I am saying.

Some of them want the privilege of calling their significant other "My Husband" or "My Wife" without someone looking at them in a strange manner. They want to feel normal....be treated like they're normal.

I think it's more in the mind then anything.

Didn't your mama teach you to treat everyone as equals?

I didn't need my mama to teach me that. As a matter of fact she never believed in that practice like I do.

Because so many conservative men are already married. They want to keep gay sex away from their wives in bathroom stalls, where they feel it belongs. Half the thrill is not getting "caught" with your pants down.

Because so many conservative men are already married. They want to keep gay sex away from their wives in bathroom stalls, where they feel it belongs. Half the thrill is not getting "caught" with your pants down.
Or when you're a man of the cloth and you can't stay naughty for too long

Marriage between a Man and a Woman normally produces offspring, offspring populate the Earth.

Gays do not have Children therefore the Human Race theoretically could become extinct if the Gay Society keeps growing.

As the Earth is not replenished with offspring in a Gay Society, how can they expect the Same benefits as a Heterosexual Couple, they (the gay couples) are not the same.

Just Curious

Have you ever dated without getting married?

Why does it have to be either 'traditional marriage' or 'gay society'? That's rather black and white thinking in a world of pink and brown, eh?

Not every hetero marriage produces spawn - some by choice, some not - why can't we have a pluralistic society which recognizes commitment made by people to building a life together no matter what their race, creed or sexual choices?

The only reason the "militant gays" want it to be called a "marriage" is so they can get under our skin.

I am kin to a lesbian and she agrees with me... most all of her friends say a civil union that gives them the same rights as my wife & I is all they want.
To call it a marriage would require changing the definition of the word.

I could care less is Jim and John want to die as a couple of old hens or cocks :eusa_eh: uurrr ummm, nevermind, I think you get what I am saying.

What if the wife of your kin had a terrible car accident and lost both legs, thereby ruining a very lucrative career dancing around a brass pole?

If she were a male spouse of a disabled pole dancer he could draw benefits from an entitlement program administered by We, The People.

Social Security law defines marriage as between a man and a woman. A guy can woo and discard wives all through his life and as long as he keeps any one of them for 10+ years, she has entitlements through his earnings record, separate entitlements for each lawful wife of 10 years minimum, not something she shares with other auxiliaries or limited by the family maximum. Some congressbitch along the way made damn sure that forgotten wives had something for old age.

Adam and Steve can be in a committed and monogamous relationship for 30 years and have absolutely nothing in shared benefit coverage while Adam and Eve are building government entitlement coverage under each others records every time one of them punches in at work.

Is that fair?

Is life ever fair?

Rarely... but a government program so blatantly unfair is as good a reason for change as any.

Have you ever seen a Gay Rights Parade?

No, tell us about your experience there.
Did you have a good time?

I have no problem with gays.....but the Gay Rights Parades look more like a freak show.
They don't help themselves when they act like that.

You really should get out more

Having been raised in the deep south we always enjoyed a good freak show when it came with the fair every summer.
I do see your point but at least the gay rights parade is free. I had to pay 50 cents to see the woman with 4 tits when I was 12 in 1966. That was 2 weeks allowance.

Marriage between a Man and a Woman normally produces offspring, offspring populate the Earth.

Gays do not have Children therefore the Human Race theoretically could become extinct if the Gay Society keeps growing.

As the Earth is not replenished with offspring in a Gay Society, how can they expect the Same benefits as a Heterosexual Couple, they (the gay couples) are not the same.

Just Curious

Have you ever dated without getting married?

Why does it have to be either 'traditional marriage' or 'gay society'? That's rather black and white thinking in a world of pink and brown, eh?

Off-topic but did you get the 'world of pink and brown' from George Carlin.

Forum List

Back