Obama names retired General head of VA

Political Punch

The same guy that Bush canned because he disagreed with Dumsfeld.

Gen.Shinseki is a great pick imo.. Of course the hopeless Bush admin ignored and mocked his advice before the Iraq war that insufficient troops were being sent, low and behold they now admit Gen.Shinseki was right and their were not enough troops to contain Iraq after the intial invasion and conflict.

Based on the fragmentary information I have on the guy, seems like a good pick.

If Rummy hated him, he must be competent.

How he will actually do, who knows.

However, I did recall his name and went back to refresh myself the best I could. I think he is capable, a decent person and I have to agree, Rummy not caring for him is a huge plus to me as well.

Rumsfeld nearly lost the frigin war all by himself. If Bush hadn't pushed him out when he did, we would have lost twice the number of people in Irag.

Shinseki was one of the best picks, in my opinion. Shinseki has an air of calm authority about him. He showed the same character when he said that Rumsfeld and his buddies were wrong. He also has the respect of the men and women serving today. He has a tough road ahead of him, but hopefully he does not disappoint.

Shinseki was one of the best picks, in my opinion. Shinseki has an air of calm authority about him. He showed the same character when he said that Rumsfeld and his buddies were wrong. He also has the respect of the men and women serving today. He has a tough road ahead of him, but hopefully he does not disappoint.

Gen.Shinseki was criticized by Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz when as Army chief of staff he testified to congress and stated more troops would be needed to control Iraq after invasion. Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz called his numbers "wildly off the mark" After these statements he left within months.

In his farewell speech he warned against the arrogance in leadership saying "You must love those you lead before you can be an effective leader," he said. "You can certainly command without that sense of commitment, but you cannot lead without it. And without leadership, command is a hollow experience, a vacuum often filled with mistrust and arrogance." That statement sums up the incompotence of Rumsfeld and the Bush admin in general.

Ah, general asshole is back!

Berets for everybody!

BO could not have made a worse pick, thanks for nothing BO, just what we needed, another jackass running the VA!

Forum List

Back