Why Gay Marriage Is A Weird Political Hot Potato

AVG-JOE

American Mutt
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2008
Your Imagination
Marriage as an institution was not invented by women, although it protected their rights better than just about any thing else until the 20th century.

Marriage as an institution was not invented by men, although it protected some male interests too.

Marriage was invented by a guy who found his teen-age daughter sucking face with a teen-age boy and promptly grabbed him by the scruff of the neck and shouted into his face "Boy, do you promise to love, cherish and provide for this girl and any young-uns she has as long as you both shall live?"

Perhaps if men were as protective of their gay teenage sons as they are of their teenage daughters, gay marriage wouldn't seem so weird.

-Joe

Last edited:
I'm torn on this issue. I would like the term civil union be used for gay couples. Legally, they should be given the same rights as husband and wife. To go so far as to call it "marriage," would go against my morals.

I don't have a problem with homosexuals being treated equally under the law but I don't think it should be called marriage. I'd go so far as to say as far as legal issues are concerned it should be called civil union for everyone. Then marriage can be a private matter and be out of government control where it never belonged in the first place.

I'm torn on this issue. I would like the term civil union be used for gay couples. Legally, they should be given the same rights as husband and wife. To go so far as to call it "marriage," would go against my morals.

The only reason the "militant gays" want it to be called a "marriage" is so they can get under our skin.

I am kin to a lesbian and she agrees with me... most all of her friends say a civil union that gives them the same rights as my wife & I is all they want.
To call it a marriage would require changing the definition of the word.

I could care less is Jim and John want to die as a couple of old hens or cocks :eusa_eh: uurrr ummm, nevermind, I think you get what I am saying.

And you would impose those restrictive views by force of gogernment?

Hmmm... Why impose the other view on me and all the rest of us heteros?

Why do we have to go and change the definition?

And you would impose those restrictive views by force of gogernment?

Hmmm... Why impose the other view on me and all the rest of us heteros?

Why do we have to go and change the definition?

You're right... we need to restore the definition of marriage...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFkeKKszXTw"]YouTube - Betty Bowers Explains Traditional Marriage to Everyone Else[/ame]

http://www.stephaniecoontz.com/articles/article25.htm

Last edited:

The only reason the "militant gays" want it to be called a "marriage" is so they can get under our skin.

I am kin to a lesbian and she agrees with me... most all of her friends say a civil union that gives them the same rights as my wife & I is all they want.

I could care less is Jim and John want to die as a couple of old hens or cocks :eusa_eh: uurrr ummm, nevermind, I think you get what I am saying.

What if the wife of your kin had a terrible car accident and lost both legs, thereby ruining a very lucrative career dancing around a brass pole?

If she were a male spouse of a disabled pole dancer he could draw benefits from an entitlement program administered by We, The People.

Social Security law defines marriage as between a man and a woman. A guy can woo and discard wives all through his life and as long as he keeps any one of them for 10+ years, she has entitlements through his earnings record, separate entitlements for each lawful wife of 10 years minimum, not something she shares with other auxiliaries or limited by the family maximum. Some congressbitch along the way made damn sure that forgotten wives had something for old age.

Adam and Steve can be in a committed and monogamous relationship for 30 years and have absolutely nothing in shared benefit coverage while Adam and Eve are building government entitlement coverage under each others records every time one of them punches in at work.

Is that fair?

Last edited:
how about we just get the government totally out of marriage
and any civil union contract carry all the weight that marriage does now
let the religious do what they will(1st amendment and all) and the government has ZERO say in it

Hot potato??

Unless your a k00k, everybody knows that NATURALLY, a plug goes into a socket..........sockets dont go into sockets and plugs dont go into plugs. Or am I missing something here s0ns???

Yes, I'm sure that the ONLY reason my wife and I got married 2 years ago legally even tho we've been together for almost 24 is just. to. get. under. your. skin.

Seems to have worked too. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Hot potato??

Unless your a k00k, everybody knows that NATURALLY, a plug goes into a socket..........sockets dont go into sockets and plugs dont go into plugs. Or am I missing something here s0ns???

Unless i am missing something about anatomy, men got sockets and women have plugs too. :lol:

Hot potato??

So you think giving a women oral is a sin or what?

Come on man that was such a weak excuse.

Many people naturally want to have sex with multiple partners so if you want to moan about natural you should be in favor of legalizing polyamorous marriage. Somehow I doubt you are.

Hot potato??

So you think giving a women oral is a sin or what?

Come on man that was such a weak excuse.

Many people naturally want to have sex with multiple partners so if you want to moan about natural you should be in favor of legalizing polyamorous marriage. Somehow I doubt you are.
as long as all party's agreed to it, who cares
again, remove the government from marriage and it solves those problems

how about we just get the government totally out of marriage
and any civil union contract carry all the weight that marriage does now
let the religious do what they will(1st amendment and all) and the government has ZERO say in it

Agreed.

But i would still keep the word marriage for civil unions.

If the religious don't want to recognize that marriage that's their problem and right to do so.

Gays are not asking religious entities for recognition of married they are asking the law for recognizing a marriage.

Hot potato??

Homosexuality among males is something I'll never understand. That being said, I stand up for personal freedoms. The entitlements and benefits of being married in a traditional sense should be no more or less an advantage than if you were married by a naked minister named Eugene at The Crisco Disco with a martini in your hand.

Personal freedom.

Lifestyle freedom.

Is that wrong of me to ask of the rest of you in America?

Last edited:
Marriage between a Man and a Woman normally produces offspring, offspring populate the Earth.

Gays do not have Children therefore the Human Race theoretically could become extinct if the Gay Society keeps growing.

As the Earth is not replenished with offspring in a Gay Society, how can they expect the Same benefits as a Heterosexual Couple, they (the gay couples) are not the same.

Just Curious

Marriage between a Man and a Woman normally produces offspring, offspring populate the Earth.

Marriage doesn't produce offspring. The stork with the baby in it's mouth's not real, either.
Gays do not have Children

Not accurate.
therefore the Human Race theoretically could become extinct if the Gay Society keeps growing.

:eusa_eh:
As the Earth is not replenished with offspring in a Gay Society, how can they expect the Same benefits as a Heterosexual Couple, they (the gay couples) are not the same.

Either you're retarded or you're a Poe.

Forum List

Back