Why exactly do you have a problem footing the bill for the daily survival of the poor?

Pedro de San Patricio

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2015
California
We're family, both as a species and a nation. I mean that in the most literal sense. We're all descended from a relatively small pool of people that becomes even smaller the farther back you go. The homeless guy you sneer at on your way to work is your fourth cousin and you don't even know it. The kid you're wishing would just die already so you don't have to pay her medical bills is his third cousin's niece by marriage. It kind of makes me sad to see how people treat their own family like shit like this just because they don't think poor people deserve a safe place to sleep every night and quality medical care.

It's especially frustrating how many of these people claim to be "pro-life" and claim to understand the moral truth that all life has inherent value but only mean they're against killing babies and are utterly apathetic to other forms of human suffering. Why can't people just accept these facts? Why do people have to turn their back on their alleged values when they're asked to put them into practice? If you believe in the inalienable value of life, if you truly understand that we're a massive, inbred, dysfunctional family, then why do you shirk your responsibility to your cousins and nieces and nephews and allow them to starve and die on the street? -.-

Most of the people who want to dump the poor are narcissists, they are incapable of caring about anyone except themselves and all they know is that they want to keep more of their money for their own purposes.

Public Aid, Food Stamps, Unemployment, Disability, Medicare, Medicaid, etc. are all grossly abused in this country. To the tune of tens of billions of dollars. That is what I object to. Not to the care of the truly needy who sincerely want to improve their lot in life through personal effort.

We're family, both as a species and a nation. I mean that in the most literal sense. We're all descended from a relatively small pool of people that becomes even smaller the farther back you go. The homeless guy you sneer at on your way to work is your fourth cousin and you don't even know it. The kid you're wishing would just die already so you don't have to pay her medical bills is his third cousin's niece by marriage. It kind of makes me sad to see how people treat their own family like shit like this just because they don't think poor people deserve a safe place to sleep every night and quality medical care.

It's especially frustrating how many of these people claim to be "pro-life" and claim to understand the moral truth that all life has inherent value but only mean they're against killing babies and are utterly apathetic to other forms of human suffering. Why can't people just accept these facts? Why do people have to turn their back on their alleged values when they're asked to put them into practice? If you believe in the inalienable value of life, if you truly understand that we're a massive, inbred, dysfunctional family, then why do you shirk your responsibility to your cousins and nieces and nephews and allow them to starve and die on the street? -.-

Collectivist Poppycock.

The End.

You did know that conservatives give more of their time and money to charity than anyone other group of people, right. We simply have a problem with the government stealing our money for the their war on poverty. How's that going, btw? 1.5 trillion spent and it's actually worse now.

We need a total overhaul with the way we give out money ect. So many abuse it, or sits on their ass addicted .
So many suffer , who should be getting help. Many of them are mentally ill because the cut backs have basically left them with no where to go.
I also know a girl who just got pregnant because her children are growing up and wanted to stay on welfare..........Lazy person who can work.

Collectivist Poppycock.

The End.
It is collectivist. This is true. Healthy families are inherently collectivist by nature. Father and Mother don't work for themselves and leave Junior to die. Father and Mother work for the benefit of each other and Junior. We should be acting like the family that we are. I even would go so far as to argue that, even if you don't accept our kinship, a certain level of collectivism is a necessary component of a functional pro-life ideology. One cannot put the belief in the inherent value of life into practice without devoting themselves to defending and nurturing life. One might as well not even hold that belief if they're not willing to work towards it as a goal.

You did know that conservatives give more of their time and money to charity than anyone other group of people, right. We simply have a problem with the government stealing our money for the their war on poverty. How's that going, btw? 1.5 trillion spent and it's actually worse now.
I bet Jesus gave you a sticky star for the theft....put it right next to your name on the chart....

Remember that the far right socons and the libertarians don't play well with others.

This isn't about conservative vs liberal. Both of those positions are flawed anyway. This is about our responsibility to our brothers and sisters and cousins who are our fellow citizens and human beings.

I bet Jesus gave you a sticky star for the theft....put it right next to your name on the chart....
Bolded above is the most ignorant statement of the day.

Pedro, we are not family.

Putting it another way, more understandable, if you were bleeding in a gutter I would not help you if I had the very last band aid in the world.

these accusatory questions and threads like this ticks me off

I've been PAYING for the survival of THE POOR for over 45 years of my working LIFE. yet we are still accused of NOT GIVING or wanting to give.

it just never ends folks. YOU can give until you and YOUR FAMILY have nothing and they would still bitch at you (about THE POOR poor folks) who still has a better standard of living than any OTHER COUNTRY

The bottom 47% of wage earners pay negative income taxes. They get more back than they pay. WHy arent they willing to support the poor?
As for the OP. Fuck off. Let people get jobs and support themselves. IT isnt our responsibility to enable bad behavior.

these people don't care about THE POOR. they are just USED as pawns to beat the rest of us over the head with

if they cared about anyone they wouldn't support ABORITONS of the innocent on demand.
go to hell

"because they don't think poor people deserve a safe place to sleep every night and quality medical care."
Who the HELL said that?
Hey look cup-cake....The target is NOT the needy or the most vulnerable. The ones who are targeted are those able bodied people who can work but refuse to work because bleeding hearts LIKE YOU fee sorry for them.
Your side makes all these lame excuses for those whoa re gaming the system.....
Tell ya what. You go ahead and find the crooks. The ones who are ripping off the system. Take away their taxpayer tit. Then you come back and tell the rest of us how much you need for the needy.

Most of the people who want to dump the poor are narcissists, they are incapable of caring about anyone except themselves and all they know is that they want to keep more of their money for their own purposes.
Hey asshole..When we're struggling just to get by and we then have to listen to you people berate us for being "selfish" you get the backlash you deserve.

Forum List

Back