Why economic recovery is lagging--Posner

Or, yet another way to say it....Companies have pocketed their record profits since early 2010, and don't hire, slash benefits, overwork existing employees, and blame it on the black guy in office. Largest liquid assets in history and they can't hire? You people ARE sheeple. Yeah, it's the President's fault. Wake up, children. You've been had.

They're stashing their assets because they have no idea what the Dick-in-Chief is going to do next, to try and lay his grubby Marxist mitts on them.

And that race card dog don't hunt anymore, dickweed....As though it ever did in the first place.

Riiiight. keep drinking the kochjuice, asshole.
And I guess these profit margins have nothing to do with the fact that Obama bailed out these greedy corporations?

Yes--he sure did. Unbelievable--I had forgotten about that. Rip off investors--and bond holders--to buy the union vote.

Rip off investors?! Are you referring to equity holders?

I think he meant the Senior Secured Creditors

The ones that took a 10% haircut? How big would that haircut have been if GM disappeared? And why should the government be in the business of bailing out bondholders?

Rip off investors?! Are you referring to equity holders?

The ones that took a 10% haircut? How big would that haircut have been if GM disappeared? And why should the government be in the business of bailing out bondholders?

Geez, proving that ignorance is no bar to posting here.
Chrysler bonholders got 27 cents on the dollar. The secured creditors are just that, secured. They are the first ones in line after the asset sale, after Uncle. If GM disappeared they would still have gotten more.
The gov't did not bail out bondholders. It bailed out the UAW, whose workers would have been without jobs because they are over-paid and under-productive. But they vote Democrat.

Or, yet another way to say it....Companies have pocketed their record profits since early 2010, and don't hire, slash benefits, overwork existing employees, and blame it on the black guy in office. Largest liquid assets in history and they can't hire? You people ARE sheeple. Yeah, it's the President's fault. Wake up, children. You've been had.

Companies don't hire because they have money in the bank. They hire to meet demand. Profits are high because corporations have been cutting costs. That's a precautionary measure any smart company makes when economic prospects are uncertain, and they couldn't be more uncertain with this President.

Businesses tend to shy away from keeping their money in nations that nationalize their industries

They also shy away from countries that impose punitive taxes and regulation on business.

They especially shy away from countries where the risk of doing business cannot be estimated with any certainty because of rapidly changing conditions or hostile leadership. Like ours.

Barack-Obama-Campaign-Logo-4.png

They can pull the card every day for the next 18 months. It'll just give me more reason to laugh my balls off harder come next Novemeber thinking of the fringe k00ks sitting at home with their thumbs up their ass asking themselves, "What the fcukk happened?". Lets face it.......for at least the last 12 months, this place has become a fcukking hoot to troll in. And every day it gets better. The k00ks know its coming too..........they might have some thought processing stuff going on but their cognitive levels are just fine.

The epic decline has been joyous to watch. And whats most fun is not the fall of Obama as much as the complete decimation of liberal ideology........fubar'd for at least a generation.

Last edited:

They took a 100% haircut, asshole.

One thing is certain, in a real bankruptcy, in contrast to the Potemkin bankruptcy Obama imposed, the UAW would have received nothing. Unions are the last in line when it comes to disposition of the assets in a bankruptcy proceeding.

Geez, proving that ignorance is no bar to posting here.
Chrysler bonholders got 27 cents on the dollar. The secured creditors are just that, secured. They are the first ones in line after the asset sale, after Uncle. If GM disappeared they would still have gotten more.
The gov't did not bail out bondholders. It bailed out the UAW, whose workers would have been without jobs because they are over-paid and under-productive. But they vote Democrat.

If you ask me, the GM "bankruptcy" was a violation of the 5th Amendment. The stock holders were just plan ripped off.

Hey...bri........dont sweat it my friend. They're not winning. All they have to do for the next 18 months is throw out tired talking point crap FTL. Its all good........imagine how conservative minded people felt back in the late 70s.......the last time this garbage got a chance. A disaster then.........a disaster now. By 2008, too many people had passed on and a new generation of limpwristed dreamers have now had a short stint in the sun:fu::fu::fu::fu:......and like in 1980, we didnt see lefty economic policy for another 30 years. I'll be another generation before they see the light of day again...........and then............???????

Or you can blame it on the fear mongering ("Obama the Kenyan Muslim Marxist death panel government takeover HUGE COSTS" etc) Pub propaganda machine- witness the sky is falling dittoheads EVERYWHERE...Is Murdoch a traitor as well as a scumbag etc...And total Pub obstruction ...Real patriots- dismal bastards.....:evil::eusa_angel:

Hey...bri........dont sweat it my friend. They're not winning. All they have to do for the next 18 months is throw out tired talking point crap FTL. Its all good........imagine how conservative minded people felt back in the late 70s.......the last time this garbage got a chance. A disaster then.........a disaster now. By 2008, too many people had passed on and a new generation of limpwristed dreamers have now had a short stint in the sun:fu::fu::fu::fu:......and like in 1980, we didnt see lefty economic policy for another 30 years. I'll be another generation before they see the light of day again...........and then............???????

From your keyboard to G-d's ear.

Forum List

Back