Why Dont We Ban MSG?

Lol, I have been aware of the inverse relationship between press attention and 'making sense' 1970.

Were you even alive then?

First, define "alive"!

After about the 1,500th birthday people started questioning though I gotta say it had nothing to do with my appearance, just that the candles on the cake were claimed to have been driving climate change and fears that EVERYONE was gonna DIE!

Lol, I have been aware of the inverse relationship between press attention and 'making sense' 1970.

Were you even alive then?

First, define "alive"!

After about the 1,500th birthday people started questioning though I gotta say it had nothing to do with my appearance, just that the candles on the cake were claimed to have been driving climate change and fears that EVERYONE was gonna DIE!

Not talking about dog years here, but trips around the sun, lol.

"Why Don't We Ban MSG?"

Awe...crap. I thought this thread was going to be about text messaging.

Not talking about dog years here, but trips around the sun, lol.

You bring back so many fond memories! My first pet....when I show folks the cave-drawing....is frequently confused with a dog. But dogs hadn't been invented then and I got the bit marks on an ankle to prove it.

Poor old fella....but I gotta say, HE WAS HELL ON CHICKENS!

Food or its ingredient do not lead to over-eating the lack of discipline and genetics does.

Some food ingredients may in effect be addictive and cause harmful changes to the dietary system. We still cannot explain the development of Metabolic Syndrome X and this syndrome is an underlying factor in all cases of obesity and type 2 diabetes.

Your notion that it is simply a matter of over eating is antiquated and disproven over a decade ago.

I saw a bunch of slobby, fat bodies loose a lot of weight during my 8 weeks of basic training. My last couple of years in the service I got hurt and couldn't do PT the way I use to and as a consequence I gained weight. They tested me and the doc said it could be a thyroid problem causing the gain, that more testing along with diet and medication may be needed. I ignored them and started riding a bicycle every where on post. Dropped the extra weight in no time.

As I said lack of discipline and genetics and even the latter can be controlled with diet and medication.

I saw a bunch of slobby, fat bodies loose a lot of weight during my 8 weeks of basic training. My last couple of years in the service I got hurt and couldn't do PT the way I use to and as a consequence I gained weight. They tested me and the doc said it could be a thyroid problem causing the gain, that more testing along with diet and medication may be needed. I ignored them and started riding a bicycle every where on post. Dropped the extra weight in no time.

As I said lack of discipline and genetics and even the latter can be controlled with diet and medication.

And when I was in the service I kept getting put on the weight control program and then back off once I had my immersion test that consistently put my body fat at around 22%, well under the limit. I am now 58 and my last body fat test put me at 27% and people still think I am fat. Body fat percentage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You dont know what the hell you are talking about on this topic, dude.

And when I was in the service I kept getting put on the weight control program and then back off once I had my immersion test that consistently put my body fat at around 22%, well under the limit. I am now 58 and my last body fat test put me at 27% and people still think I am fat. Body fat percentage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Immersion test ? What branch ? The Army used a tape measure and some kind of cocked up formula that put the muscled up soldiers in the fail category.

Immersion test ? What branch ? The Army used a tape measure and some kind of cocked up formula that put the muscled up soldiers in the fail category.

Army infantry 1978

Army infantry 1978
The powers that be must have lost their minds by the time I got in. I went in 96 at the tender age of 27.

Army infantry 1978
1978 ? See much combat in Arkansas?
I hear the vehicle maintenance was killler.

Army infantry 1978
With 13 months left in service I got orders for Korea I volunteered to reup for another 6 years and do a tour in Bosnia if they would resend the orders, no-go. When 9/11 happened I offered the same thing I did on the Bosnia deployment another no-go at that point I was hit with an extra 7 months of service tacked on under stop loss until I finally got them to start my paper work and get out.

I worked on computer systems for the military but I volunteered for every deployment that came up. It just didn't happen. To me any person who serves honorably deserves as much respect as anyone else in the military regardless of their job or if they served during wartime or not. Hell I even respect the ones that do it for just the education benefits. Its enough for me to call them a brother or sister no matter their beliefs.

Army infantry 1978
With 13 months left in service I got orders for Korea I volunteered to reup for another 6 years and do a tour in Bosnia if they would resend the orders, no-go. When 9/11 happened I offered the same thing I did on the Bosnia deployment another no-go at that point I was hit with an extra 7 months of service tacked on under stop loss until I finally got them to start my paper work and get out.

I worked on computer systems for the military but I volunteered for every deployment that came up. It just didn't happen. To me any person who serves honorably deserves as much respect as anyone else in the military regardless of their job or if they served during wartime or not. Hell I even respect the ones that do it for just the education benefits. Its enough for me to call them a brother or sister no matter their beliefs.
That would be great if jimblowme was not lying his ass off.

Army infantry 1978

And thank you too for your service to our country. It is much appreciated.

Army infantry 1978

And thank you too for your service to our country. It is much appreciated.
Thank you for yours.

Forum List

Back