Why don't people watch films?

Why don't people specifically watch more old films? I love them myself.

I've decided to choose two, one a perhaps little known, but wonderful British murder/mystery film from 1952 "Mr. Denning Drives North". It's okay the link doesn't give any of plot away:

Mr. Denning Drives North - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here's the full film, 1 hour 27 minutes:

Then as I love Basil Rathbone and Nigel Bruce, as Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Watson. I think "Sherlock Holmes and The House of Fear" from 1945 is excellent and very atmospheric.

Here's the full film, 1 hour 9 minutes:

If you watch these films, hopefully you'll like them.

Hi Lucy...I absolutely adore and admire the old movies of late. I am a fan beyond belief. TMC and what use to be AMC brought the late stars to life and I have been a fan ever since. I love the 40's....as a minority, kinda wish I had lived back in those days dispite the limitations of my race. If you would like to discuss some old films of late, lets do that someday......My favorite actors of all time, regardless of their movies...Bette, Joan, Holden and Peck...everything they touch I own and watch with so much love and admiration.

Triggerred, is that you? :eek: That's a nice post!

What's the world coming to?

Why don't people specifically watch more old films? I love them myself.

I've decided to choose two, one a perhaps little known, but wonderful British murder/mystery film from 1952 "Mr. Denning Drives North". It's okay the link doesn't give any of plot away:

Mr. Denning Drives North - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here's the full film, 1 hour 27 minutes:

Then as I love Basil Rathbone and Nigel Bruce, as Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Watson. I think "Sherlock Holmes and The House of Fear" from 1945 is excellent and very atmospheric.

Here's the full film, 1 hour 9 minutes:

If you watch these films, hopefully you'll like them.

froggy especially for you.

Edgar Kennedy in "Hold Your Temper" made in 1943, the duration is seventeen minutes and nineteen seconds.

Here's one Lucy.

Hey froggy

Another especially for you, one of Hal Roach's Two Reel Shorts.

"One Track Minds" made in 1933 and starring Thelma Todd, ZaSu Pitts and directed by Gus Meins.

The duration of the film is eighteen minutes and thirty four seconds and is in excellent picture quality.

I love Thelma Todd, she appears in two of my favourite Marx Brothers films "Monkey Business" (1931) and "Horse Feathers" (1932)

And for those who know about Thelma Todd's tragic and mysterious end, I'm in the camp who thinks that either Roland West murdered her and made it look like suicide or Lucky Luciano had her murdered and made it look like suicide.

thelma_todd_39.jpg

Thelma Todd - Wikipedia

thelma-todd-garage.jpg

f11fee0c2e0ca2a98d6dac881b7a94ac.jpg

12-12-toddt-death-scene-closeup-unretouched.jpg

open%20casket.JPG

People+at+the+Mortuary+view+the+body+of+the+Thelma+Todd+which+was+on+view+from+800+a.m.+to+100+p.m.+on+Dec.+19,+1935..jpg

thelma-todd-death-map.jpg

Thelma Todd's Sidewalk Cafe in 1935.

Labels+have+been+added+to+this+picture+of+the+area+where+Thelma+Todd+lived+and+died.+The+270+steps+are+the+ones+she+supposedly+walked+up+to+get+to+the+garage+where+she+died..jpg

1937.jpg

It's still there today and looks the same as it did in 1935.

70_big.jpg

A clip of Groucho Marx and Thelma Todd from "Horse Feathers" (1932)

The duration of the clip is three minutes and thirty six seconds.

Last edited:

Here's one Lucy.

Hey froggy

Another especially for you, one of Hal Roach's Two Reel Shorts.

"One Track Minds" made in 1933 and starring Thelma Todd, ZaSu Pitts and directed by Gus Meins.

The duration of the film is eighteen minutes and thirty four seconds and is in excellent picture quality.

I love Thelma Todd, she appears in two of my favourite Marx Brothers films "Monkey Business" (1931) and "Horse Feathers" (1932)

And for those who know about Thelma Todd's tragic and mysterious end, I'm in the camp who thinks that either Roland West murdered her and made it look like suicide or Lucky Luciano had her murdered and made it look like suicide.

thelma_todd_39.jpg

Thelma Todd - Wikipedia

thelma-todd-garage.jpg

f11fee0c2e0ca2a98d6dac881b7a94ac.jpg

12-12-toddt-death-scene-closeup-unretouched.jpg

open%20casket.JPG

People+at+the+Mortuary+view+the+body+of+the+Thelma+Todd+which+was+on+view+from+800+a.m.+to+100+p.m.+on+Dec.+19,+1935..jpg

thelma-todd-death-map.jpg

Thelma Todd's Sidewalk Cafe in 1935.

Labels+have+been+added+to+this+picture+of+the+area+where+Thelma+Todd+lived+and+died.+The+270+steps+are+the+ones+she+supposedly+walked+up+to+get+to+the+garage+where+she+died..jpg

1937.jpg

It's still there today and looks the same as it did in 1935.

70_big.jpg

A clip of Groucho Marx and Thelma Todd from "Horse Feathers" (1932)

The duration of the clip is three minutes and thirty six seconds.

Thanks Lucy

Lucy, Lucy, Lucy, where have you gone?

froggy

Here are two Buster Keaton shorts for you.

"The Haunted House" made in 1921 and starring Buster Keaton, Virginia Fox and Eddie Kline and written and directed by Buster Keaton and Eddie Kline.

The duration of the film is twenty five minutes and fifty five seconds and is in excellent picture quality.

"Cops" made in 1922 and starring Buster Keaton, Virginia Fox and Eddie Kline and written and directed by Buster Keaton and Eddie Kline.

The duration of the film is eighteen minutes and thirty one seconds and is in excellent picture quality (it jumps across the opening credits, then stabilises at about thirty four seconds)

Forum List

Back