Why don't people watch films?

"Kiss Of Death" made in 1947 with Victor Mature, Richard Widmark, Coleen Gray, Brian Donlevy and Karl Malden and directed by Henry Hathaway.

This film was Richard Widmark's film debut, he plays the completely psychotic Tommy Udo.

Kiss of Death (1947 film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here's the original trailer.

Richard Widmark as Tommy Udo.

Why don't people specifically watch more old films? I love them myself.

I've decided to choose two, one a perhaps little known, but wonderful British murder/mystery film from 1952 "Mr. Denning Drives North". It's okay the link doesn't give any of plot away:

Mr. Denning Drives North - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here's the full film, 1 hour 27 minutes:

Then as I love Basil Rathbone and Nigel Bruce, as Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Watson. I think "Sherlock Holmes and The House of Fear" from 1945 is excellent and very atmospheric.

Here's the full film, 1 hour 9 minutes:

If you watch these films, hopefully you'll like them.

Great start to a long career

Its called suspense
Yea well I want to see shocking or eventful scenes. Not 1:45 slow and last 15 minutes good. In tarantino there's suspense too but something interesting is happening in every scene.

I have another great movie. True romance

The only suspense in a Tarantino movie, usually, is wondering who's going to bleed next

If people want a film with a high bleed count....there's the brilliant "Bring Me The Head of Alfredo Garcia"

The kill count is 25, 14 of them alone shot by Warren Oates, a magnificent actor.

"Bring Me The Head of Alfredo Garcia" made in 1974 with Warren Oates, Isela Vega, Robert Webber and Gig Young and directed by Sam Peckinpah.

Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's on TV now. Why did that guy knock that girl out? She just put her hand on his crotch.

Its called suspense
Yea well I want to see shocking or eventful scenes. Not 1:45 slow and last 15 minutes good. In tarantino there's suspense too but something interesting is happening in every scene.

The only suspense in a Tarantino movie, usually, is wondering who's going to bleed next

If people want a film with a high bleed count....there's the brilliant "Bring Me The Head of Alfredo Garcia"

The kill count is 25, 14 of them alone shot by Warren Oates, a magnificent actor.

"Bring Me The Head of Alfredo Garcia" made in 1974 with Warren Oates, Isela Vega, Robert Webber and Gig Young and directed by Sam Peckinpah.

In between the good scenes are very slow scenes. Typical of movies of this genre.

Omg why didn't he take the ten grand and go? Perhaps he lost too much and he's losing it. I hope it ends soon. These movies drag on. But in the end I already know I like this movie but the scenes are slow. I want to go meet a seniorita now.

Strange ending. Not a happy one

They are too slow.
I just watched a great 1972 movie. It was slow and dark but had great scenes. It wouldn't have been so bad without commercials.

Bring me the head of Alfredo Garcia. Someone here recommended it and I woke up Saturday morning 3:30am and it was just starting so I said fuck it and rolled a fatty

Its called suspense

In between the good scenes are very slow scenes. Typical of movies of this genre.

Omg why didn't he take the ten grand and go? Perhaps he lost too much and he's losing it. I hope it ends soon. These movies drag on. But in the end I already know I like this movie but the scenes are slow. I want to go meet a seniorita now.

It's a slow film, but it's worth it, like "Once Upon A Time In The West" and "The Day Of The Jackal" both slow films, but worth staying with.

They are too slow.
I just watched a great 1972 movie. It was slow and dark but had great scenes. It wouldn't have been so bad without commercials.

Bring me the head of Alfredo Garcia. Someone here recommended it and I woke up Saturday morning 3:30am and it was just starting so I said fuck it and rolled a fatty

I can't stand commercials interrupting films, it shouldn't be allowed.

I'm glad the film was on and you saw it and liked it, here in Europa it's not often on the television.

Its called suspense

It's a slow film, but it's worth it, like "Once Upon A Time In The West" and "The Day Of The Jackal" both slow films, but worth staying with.

I will look out for those. I couldn't believe I woke up and bmthoagarcia was starting.

I will look out for those. I couldn't believe I woke up and bmthoagarcia was starting.

Warren Oates was such a great actor.

"Once Upon A Time In The West" directed in 1968 by Sergio Leone.

Once Upon a Time in the West - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The Day Of The Jackal" directed in 1973 by Fred Zinnemann.

The Day of the Jackal (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'll watch both but the one I want to see most is once upon a time in the west

I'll watch both but the one I want to see most is once upon a time in the west

I find on Amazon America for you "Once Upon A Time In The West" on DVD, all pretty cheap I think.

Amazon.com: Buying Choices: Once Upon A Time In The West

This is the main page, with the reviews, all good reviews naturally.

Amazon.com: Once Upon A Time In The West: Various: Movies & TV

Barely

Blondie, (Penny Singleton) was cute, and worth watching, but Dagwood, (Arthur Lake) was a little weak to my thinking.

"Dinner At Eight" made in 1933 with Jean Harlow, Billie Burke, Edmund Lowe, Lionel Barrymore, Wallace Berry,
Marie Dressler and Lee Tracy and directed by George Cukor.

A brilliant film and pre-Hays Code.

Dinner at Eight (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Best scene in the movie

"Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye" made in 1950 with James Cagney, Barbara Payton, Steve Brodie, Barton MacLean, Ward Bond and Luther Adler and directed by Gordon Douglas and produced by William Cagney.

Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Barbara Payton, another of those doomed Platinum Blonde's, ended up dead in 1967 from booze and drugs at the age of 39 years-old. Her film career went completely South and her life went completely off the rails, ended up a street-walking prostitute.

Barbara Payton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

9326386_gal.jpg

babspayton.jpg

Here's the full film, the duration is 1 hour and 43 minutes.

Edited to add comment.

Last edited:

I've decided to choose two, one a perhaps little known, but wonderful British murder/mystery film from 1952 "Mr. Denning Drives North". It's okay the link doesn't give any of plot away:

Then as I love Basil Rathbone and Nigel Bruce, as Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Watson. I think "Sherlock Holmes and The House of Fear" from 1945 is excellent and very atmospheric.

"The Bad Sleep Well" made in 1960 with Toshiro Mifune, Masayuki Mori, Kyōko Kagawa and Takeshi Katō and directed by Akira Kurosawa.

This is my very favourite Kurosawa film.

The Bad Sleep Well - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Barely

Blondie, (Penny Singleton) was cute, and worth watching, but Dagwood, (Arthur Lake) was a little weak to my thinking.

"Dinner At Eight" made in 1933 with Jean Harlow, Billie Burke, Edmund Lowe, Lionel Barrymore, Wallace Berry,
Marie Dressler and Lee Tracy and directed by George Cukor.

A brilliant film and pre-Hays Code.

Dinner at Eight (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Best scene in the movie

"Twentieth Century" made in 1934 pre-Hays Code with John Barrymore, Carole Lombard, Walter Connolly, Roscoe Karns, Ralph Forbes and Edgar Kennedy and directed by Howard Hawks.

I love Carole Lombard, very tragic that she died so young and in such a horrific way.

Twentieth Century (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I can't get the original trailer, so this is a 3 minute and 11 minute clip from the film.

"Kiss Of Death" made in 1947 with Victor Mature, Richard Widmark, Coleen Gray, Brian Donlevy and Karl Malden and directed by Henry Hathaway.

This film was Richard Widmark's film debut, he plays the completely psychotic Tommy Udo.

Kiss of Death (1947 film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Richard Widmark as Tommy Udo.

Great start to a long career

"The Lady Vanishes" made in 1938 with Michael Redgrave, Margaret Lockwood, Paul Lukas, Cecil Parker, Naunton Wayne, Marie Clare and Basil Radford and directed by Alfred Hitchcock.

The Lady Vanishes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here's the full film, the duration is 1 hour and 36 minutes.

The Lady Vanishes 1938 CRITERION 720p BluRay x264 anoXmous

First were 'picture' shows, which were basically a slide show.

Next came Nickelodeons ,

Then moving pictures, which soon became shortened to movies

This is also an excellent film, we re-watched it the other night.

"Call Northside 777" made in 1948 with James Stewart, Richard Conte, Lee J. Cobb and Helen Walker and directed by Henry Hathaway.

Call Northside 777 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back