Why does Trump deny Russian meddling?

Given the indictments handed down last Friday detailing who, when and where the Russians actively interfered with the 2016 elections, why does Donald Trump still deny the Russians did what they clearly did?

Is it because Special Counsel Mueller handed down the indictment? Is it because, in Trump's mind, Russian meddling delegitimizes his election? Or is it because the Trump campaign acted in concert with the Russians, therefore showing collusion?

Any way you slice it, Trump's denial shows he trusts the word of Vladimir Putin over the American intelligence community and his own Department of Justice. How then can these entities then trust the president? How can we trust the president?

This is beyond partisan politics. This shakes the foundations of our electoral system and our men and women in service to our nation as they perform their duties as intelligence gathering institutions.
Our intelligence community sucks. They do not give a fuck about the citizens or their rights. That is why the used a Kremlin authored dossier to obtain multiple FISA warrants.

House memo states disputed dossier was key to FBI’s FISA warrant to surveil members of Team Trump

Not only that, but the intelligence community lost its fucking mind with power under Obama.

NSA Illegal Surveillance of Americans -- Obama Administration Abuse & FISA Court Response | National Review

Trump is right to care deeply about US Intelligence corruption. He picked the wrong stage to tackle the massive issue.
I'm sorry you're so cynical. Do you believe the Kremlin more than our own national intelligence community? If so, why do you consider yourself a patriotic American?
That is the root of the problem. The failed US Intelligence groups took the side of the Kremlin to try and elect Hillary. The DNC, Obama and Hillary weaponized the Intelligence groups to work against US citizens. Unmasking, fake evidence from the Kremlin used in FISA court, ignoring all of Hillary's email from her rogue server that were sent to foreign countries, destruction of evidence, and on and on.
the FBI gave Hill a pass on the emails, but beyond that you got nuttin.

Gave a pass? She allowed all of her email to be sent to a foreign server. Not just any email. Classified email. Then two weeks after her subpoena she destroyed evidence requested in the subpoena. Then the FBI handed get out jail cards to her and her whores and destroyed the evidence. They believed she would be their boss and was scared of her. The FBI is a punch of pussies. No honor. They are an absolute disgrace.
Yes. But there was no conspiracy by the intel community.

Our intelligence community sucks. They do not give a fuck about the citizens or their rights. That is why the used a Kremlin authored dossier to obtain multiple FISA warrants.

House memo states disputed dossier was key to FBI’s FISA warrant to surveil members of Team Trump

Not only that, but the intelligence community lost its fucking mind with power under Obama.

NSA Illegal Surveillance of Americans -- Obama Administration Abuse & FISA Court Response | National Review

Trump is right to care deeply about US Intelligence corruption. He picked the wrong stage to tackle the massive issue.
I'm sorry you're so cynical. Do you believe the Kremlin more than our own national intelligence community? If so, why do you consider yourself a patriotic American?
That is the root of the problem. The failed US Intelligence groups took the side of the Kremlin to try and elect Hillary. The DNC, Obama and Hillary weaponized the Intelligence groups to work against US citizens. Unmasking, fake evidence from the Kremlin used in FISA court, ignoring all of Hillary's email from her rogue server that were sent to foreign countries, destruction of evidence, and on and on.

Gave a pass? She allowed all of her email to be sent to a foreign server. Not just any email. Classified email. Then two weeks after her subpoena she destroyed evidence requested in the subpoena. Then the FBI handed get out jail cards to her and her whores and destroyed the evidence. They believed she would be their boss and was scared of her. The FBI is a punch of pussies. No honor. They are an absolute disgrace.
Brennan marching the Russian file down to Chuck Schumer's office and presenting as a legit verified file and then using the same file to acquire warrants in the FISA courts can certainly lead to speculation. Together with the email cover-up and FBI agents discussing their plans to stop Trump, well there is too much smoke not to have some fire. It is a shame the FBI has behaved in such a partisan manner. I do not believe the entire intelligence community is compromised, but a large portion of their leadership certainly is.

Brennan marching the Russian file down to Chuck Schumer's office and presenting as a legit verified file and then using the same file to acquire warrants in the FISA courts can certainly lead to speculation. Together with the email cover-up and FBI agents discussing their plans to stop Trump, well there is too much smoke not to have some fire. It is a shame the FBI has behaved in such a partisan manner. I do not believe the entire intelligence community is compromised, but a large portion of their leadership certainly is.
The Obama DOJ was not gonna indict Hillary. Frankly they should of because Biden would have won.

And Comey's Nov surprise that did swing the three crucial states wasn't really the deciding factor, because she never should have been the nominee.

But beyond that, all you got is the intelligence agencies finding out Russia was hacking the election, and making at least offers to Trump''s campaign, which was NOT doing what they were supposed to do in come running to the FBI screaming ... PUTIN. And the intelligence agencies fell over themselves not knowing what to do in the face of the unbelievable by Trump.

And yeah, probably 90% of people in govt don't like Trump.

There's really no logical or sinister explanation for that press conference.

Trump is in completely over his head, he doesn't understand context, and he said some truly dumb stuff at a very critical moment.

It's not exactly a surprise. This is precisely the kind of thing many of us were afraid of.

And that impacts things how exactly?

Intent is more important is most situations, like when Obama intended to tell Russia to keep cool until after the election, so he can do things unpopular with some of the American People.
It sends the world the message that an American President is clueless, inept and outclassed on the world stage, at a very critical time, right in front of a dangerous and opportunistic adversary.

Since we haven't been in this position in my lifetime, I don't really know how to attach a context to it. The world is worried, and so am I.

I never trusted the Orange turd. He sucked out loud in the 80s and has only gotten worse.

There was no Russian Meddling. If you call $100,000 dollars of ads on Facebook and Twitter for and against Donald Trump, for and Against Hillary Clinton, Meddling, then what do you call $1.5 Billion spent by Hillary Clinton to saturate the airwaves with her propaganda, pay Russians for a Fake Smear Book she handed her friends in the FBI and DOJ, and have Obama wiretap the Trump Campaign so they could cheat their way in to the White House?

Anyone Obama and Clinton nominated or had anything to do with should be fired.

Putin explained how it was done. It was not Russia. It was not at the direction of the Russian state. It was individuals. Just like our hackers are individuals. Which means the indictments are worthless and foolish.
"Putin explained how it was done"?

Vladmir Putin? Ex-KGB, murderous, lying thug, explained it?

What the hell is happening here?

People too dumb to realize their words are recorded. Kind of like the Orange Virus himself.

Is there anything you disagree with that Trump said during the press conference with Putin.
Yes.
  1. The way he tried to litigate the whole collusion issue with Putin standing right there.
  2. The way he didn't defend his own intelligence apparatus against the word of a murderous, dishonest thug.
  3. The way he appeared to believe everything that murderous, dishonest thug said.
All of that, right after spitting in the face of our European allies.
So, you don't disagree with anything he actually said, but fake news has you mad at him anyways.
Huh? Did you not read what I wrote?

I just told you what I disagreed with.

I realize you're conditioned to scream FAKE NEWS at anything you don't like, but I saw him say the words.
Bullshit. You didn't quote a single thing Trump actually said, let alone explain why you disagree with any of his statements. You merely repeated what all the fake news channels are repeating over and over.
I know, I know, if you don't like it, it's fake news.

That's the standard talk radio mantra.

Is there anything you disagree with that Trump said during the press conference with Putin.
Yes.
  1. The way he tried to litigate the whole collusion issue with Putin standing right there.
  2. The way he didn't defend his own intelligence apparatus against the word of a murderous, dishonest thug.
  3. The way he appeared to believe everything that murderous, dishonest thug said.
All of that, right after spitting in the face of our European allies.
So, you don't disagree with anything he actually said, but fake news has you mad at him anyways.
Huh? Did you not read what I wrote?

I just told you what I disagreed with.

I realize you're conditioned to scream FAKE NEWS at anything you don't like, but I saw him say the words.
Bullshit. You didn't quote a single thing Trump actually said, let alone explain why you disagree with any of his statements. You merely repeated what all the fake news channels are repeating over and over.
I know, I know, if you don't like it, it's fake news.

That's the standard talk radio mantra.
Your concession is accepted.

Given the indictments handed down last Friday detailing who, when and where the Russians actively interfered with the 2016 elections, why does Donald Trump still deny the Russians did what they clearly did?

Is it because Special Counsel Mueller handed down the indictment? Is it because, in Trump's mind, Russian meddling delegitimizes his election? Or is it because the Trump campaign acted in concert with the Russians, therefore showing collusion?

Any way you slice it, Trump's denial shows he trusts the word of Vladimir Putin over the American intelligence community and his own Department of Justice. How then can these entities then trust the president? How can we trust the president?

This is beyond partisan politics. This shakes the foundations of our electoral system and our men and women in service to our nation as they perform their duties as intelligence gathering institutions.

Read the indictments.https://www.justice.gov/file/1080281/download
spearphishing doesn't freaking require a special council

So in today's little announcement, Trump says he misspoke and ACTUALLY thinks our intelligence agencies are the cat's pajamas.

His supporters here tell me our intelligence agencies are corrupt and can't be trusted.

So does that make him a dupe or a liar?
Generalization. No one believes our entire intelligence agencies are bad apples. One bad apple don't spoil the whole dang agency. But there are some that have cost confidence in the agency due to all this BS. Average agents and MOST of the agencies are outstanding and do incredible work for this country. But CLEARLY there has been POLITICAL BIAS in this whole FRUIT CAKE POLITICAL MOCKERY OF JUSTICE.

Those who are being charged were SPEARPHISHING. Becoming all too common. 1 out of 3 Big companies lose money over it. Identity theft.........stealing of intellectual property.....is a major problem in this internet world.

No. A Special Counsel finds spear phishing and understands that spearphishing is to cyber crime as a crow har is to a crime like the Watergate break in.

No. A Special Counsel finds spear phishing and understands that spearphishing is to cyber crime as a crow har is to a crime like the Watergate break in.
The spearphishing doesn't show squat to Trump ties...............and they don't have a prayer of getting them to trial.....which makes it all just a dang show.

I see the far left can not accept the fact that Trump was going to be president no matter what conspiracy theories they come up with.

What all the evidence shows that the Russians did not change votes nor did anyone collude with them to change an election.

SO the far left myth, has been debunked yet again.

But as you can see the far left still believes it was the fault of the Russians on why Hilary lost!

So in today's little announcement, Trump says he misspoke and ACTUALLY thinks our intelligence agencies are the cat's pajamas.

His supporters here tell me our intelligence agencies are corrupt and can't be trusted.

Generalization. No one believes our entire intelligence agencies are bad apples. One bad apple don't spoil the whole dang agency. But there are some that have cost confidence in the agency due to all this BS. Average agents and MOST of the agencies are outstanding and do incredible work for this country. But CLEARLY there has been POLITICAL BIAS in this whole FRUIT CAKE POLITICAL MOCKERY OF JUSTICE.

Those who are being charged were SPEARPHISHING. Becoming all too common. 1 out of 3 Big companies lose money over it. Identity theft.........stealing of intellectual property.....is a major problem in this internet world.
Losing confidence in our intelligence agencies, and cheering Trump on (or pretending to) while he throws them under the bus with Vladimir Putin standing by his side, are two entirely different universes.

What he did was terrible, and he did it on the world stage at a critical time. There is no excusing or spinning that.

Losing confidence in our intelligence agencies, and cheering Trump on (or pretending to) while he throws them under the bus with Vladimir Putin standing by his side, are two entirely different universes.

What he did was terrible, and he did it on the world stage at a critical time. There is no excusing or spinning that.
He has a reason to be pissed at them, but it is not presidential to do so..............I think he had a moment of typical shooting from the hip that he always does..........If you had been hounded by them for 2 years you wouldn't like them much either.

If I had them trying to throw me in prison and charge me for that long my opinion wouldn't be too good about them either. But you and I have not been attacked by them for years...............

Those attacked by the IRS, FBI, NSA, ATF under Obama publically trash them because of what they did to them............They don't hold that back as they openly speak about the abuses on them under Obama. Does that mean they are bad people and hate the whole orgs..............Most of these orgs are honorable people.........But a few bad apples have scarred the reputation of these orgs....................

You are correct that as President he shouldn't have said it.........but I really don't care.........Because in his shoes I'd have already fired some of these clowns.............

Now tell me.............if you were attacked for years by any group...........would you be nice about talking about them. He retracted his statement btw.

Forum List

Back