Why does the Rightwing Conservatives Hate Unions?

So collective bargaining to you is "give us what we demand or you will go out of business"

Me? I prefer the employees value to be based on the demand for the job.

Just as prices are based on the demand for the product.

Employees have a value. Not only the skills they bring to the job but in the collective knowledge of how you run your business. Their value is more as a whole rather than as a bunch of individuals

So the unions claim and want everyone to believe.

Employees do have a value and worth. The value is what is being paid. No more no less. If you want the job at what is being offered....FREE WILL. Take it or leave it.

If that employee is worth more...they will get more. If a employer wants to keep workers then they will offer everything to keep them.

If that is the case...then why are you afraid of unions?

If you treat your employees well as individuals, they will not need a union. If you don't treat your employees well, then a union or the threat of unionization will force your hand

Employees have a value. Not only the skills they bring to the job but in the collective knowledge of how you run your business. Their value is more as a whole rather than as a bunch of individuals

Employees do have a value and worth. The value is what is being paid. No more no less. If you want the job at what is being offered....FREE WILL. Take it or leave it.

If that employee is worth more...they will get more. If a employer wants to keep workers then they will offer everything to keep them.

If you treat your employees well as individuals, they will not need a union. If you don't treat your employees well, then a union or the threat of unionization will force your hand

Thank you so much for pointing out the thuggery of the unions.

Last edited:
The right wing is bought and paid for by big companies.

:lol:.....i guess the left wing doesnt have any BIG Companies buying them.....see what happens Dean when you are "programed" by one of these political parties.....it becomes ALL the other guy......never my side.....Dean.....put both hands on the surface in front of you.....yank your head back......that sucking noise you will hear is your head coming out of the FAR Lefts collective asses.......you will be finally free Dean.....on your own.....doing your own thinking.....just make sure you wash your head up....

No more so than the thuggery of management. A contract is an agreement between two parties. Each side will press its advantage to get the best deal for its side. Management can threaten workers and workers can threaten management

What you are trying to do is restrict the ability of workers to threaten management

It doesnt matter if we need thsm or not.

They have the right to exist under our constitution.

Medicare fraud IS illegal though

30 years ago, a CEO would make about 20 times the average worker in that company. Now they make 300 to 400 times as much. Look at the CEO of Cigna. They produce nothing. They are merely middle men for hospitals, doctors and nurses. The CEO received a paycheck of $120,000,000.00. Is this what you are defending?

Question, how many insurance policies do you have to "skim" to make a single salary of $120,000,000.00? I wonder what the other executives from that company make? Don't you? What about all the other companies?

Oh, here's a link.

CIGNA Denies Cancer Patient Care, CEO Makes $120 Million In Five Years - Not A Coincidence | Crooks and Liars

If you want more, go look them up. Just search CEO makes 120 million.
Dean....you forgot to blame Republicans for this.....go back and right that mistake....

No more so than the thuggery of management. A contract is an agreement between two parties. Each side will press its advantage to get the best deal for its side. Management can threaten workers and workers can threaten management

What you are trying to do is restrict the ability of workers to threaten management

If workers do not like the management they are under they are free to leave and find work elsewhere. If workers do not like the environment they are working in...again they are free to leave and find work elsewhere.

No one is trying to threaten anyone but the unions. You say so yourself.

If workers do not like the management they are under they are free to leave and find work elsewhere. If workers do not like the environment they are working in...again they are free to leave and find work elsewhere.

If the workers do not like management they are free to collectively walk out. They know there is strength in numbers. Management also knows they would rather pick off workers one at a time to keep the others in line

Management threatens workers all the time.....why do you think they have given up so many benefits

It is to the employers benefit to keep workers from acting collectively

Syrenn Wrote:

Shouldn't they also be free to say, "Hey...I'm good at my job, I work hard. I've got a few issues with A, B, and C...here are some of the solutions I have come up with to fix that so I can be even better at my job?"

I understand completely that people who are unhappy in their jobs are free to leave it...what I have NEVER understood is why so many people are so quick to tell teachers - if you don't like your job, then quit!

I love my job. I love teaching. I'm damn good at it. But I don't love everything about the state of public education today. Why would you rather I quit than try to change things for the better?

Last edited:
Nobody said they didn't have the right to freely assemble, nor to work in unison as long as their employer freely agrees to such an arrangement. In the real world, working in unison generally results in very low productivity as work is reduced to the lowest common denominator of performance. Most employers, with the exception of career politician-public union ones, try to avoid such low productivity schemes.

Did the founders create this government for productivity or for individual rights?

well that depends.....were they creating a Govt. or A Business?.......

If the workers do not like management they are free to collectively walk out. They know there is strength in numbers. Management also knows they would rather pick off workers one at a time to keep the others in line

Management threatens workers all the time.....why do you think they have given up so many benefits

It is to the employers benefit to keep workers from acting collectively

Truthfully i would be more then happy if the entire union labor force walked off and out of work. Then we would be free to hire workers who wanted to work.

But the unions wont let that happen now will they. They wont let anyone who is not a union member work in a job that they want.

Syrenn Wrote:

Shouldn't they also be free to say, "Hey...I'm good at my job, I work hard. I've got a few issues with A, B, and C...here are some of the solutions I have come up with to fix that so I can be even better at my job?"

I understand completely that people who are unhappy in their jobs are free to leave it...what I have NEVER understood is why so many people are so quick to tell teachers - if you don't like your job, then quit!

I love my job. I love teaching. I'm damn good at it. But I don't love everything about the state of public education today. Why would you rather I quit than try to change things for the better?

I would love teachers to change things for the better. What in the world makes you think otherwise.

Huh? What was the minimum wage 30 years ago....?

30 years ago, a CEO would make about 20 times the average worker in that company. Now they make 300 to 400 times as much. Look at the CEO of Cigna. They produce nothing. They are merely middle men for hospitals, doctors and nurses. The CEO received a paycheck of $120,000,000.00. Is this what you are defending?

Question, how many insurance policies do you have to "skim" to make a single salary of $120,000,000.00? I wonder what the other executives from that company make? Don't you? What about all the other companies?

Oh, here's a link.

CIGNA Denies Cancer Patient Care, CEO Makes $120 Million In Five Years - Not A Coincidence | Crooks and Liars

If you want more, go look them up. Just search CEO makes 120 million.

That is absolute crap.

The AVERAGE CEO in the U.S. earns far less than that. You are citing the compensation of a tiny handful of people who manage enormous global enterprises.

The actual average CEO compensation in the U.S. is less than $300,000 per year.

CEO Salaries - Executive Salaries - Average Salary of a CEO - PayScale

Most CEOs manage small or medium businesses and have very low multiples over their average employee pay.

you have to understand Boe....Dean eats the FAR Left Pablum....

The right wing is bought and paid for by big companies. That's why they want to get rid of the EPA and and regulations concerning clean air and clean water. These companies have unlimited money. And the Supreme Court said they could spend as much as they want in our elections 5 to 4. And they do.

Unions, which are like 7 or 8% of all the workers in the US can't compete with business backed Republicans. Even though they try with door to door and bake sales.

Remember the made up "pimp video" that Fox ran endlessly? Turns out it ruined a lot of people's lives for a right wing lie and smear. But for the right wing that's OK. In fact, it worked so well, they tried to do the same to Planned Parenthood. The real reason the GOP went after Acorn was because they registered a lot of minorities who would vote Democrat. Remember, the GOP is 90% white and their leadership uses this. The hatred from the base against the "black" guy in the "WHITE" House keeps them occupied. Does the Republican base really support trillions in tax breaks to millionaires and billionaires while the middle class unemployed is being held hostage? I suspect "no". But the right wing hates Obama so much, they are willing to drown to get him out of the WHITE House.

They keep saying, "Oh, there he goes again, making it about race". The truth is, for the right wing, it IS "all about race".

Damn you're stupid.

i dont know if Dean is Stupid.....but he is pretty dense....

Forum List

Back