Why Does the Right Embrace Ignorance as a Virtue?

If you vote GOP, either you are rich or you are ignorant. So the right uses wedge issues to win over ignorant poor and middle class Americans.

This fact alone proves my point. There is no proof of a god, but the GOP uses an imaginary man in the sky to win over votes.

Why do they do it? Because Americans are stupid. Just look at the survey that came out that Americans would rather vote for a pot smoking phylanderer than they would an atheist.

So the fact is, the average American is ignorant so that is why they embrace it. When the public wises up so will the politicians.

Dave, what made you so extra bitchy today? Normally you're more of a little bitch, but lately, you've been ramping it up to major bitch.

Would you like me to lay off, to stop pointing out your bad behavior? You could just try asking nicely. I can be a real sweetie if approached the right way. And I care. I'd hate to see you end up self-destructing like some of my other fan club members.

Open mindedness apparently works best if you don't disagree.

Dave, what made you so extra bitchy today? Normally you're more of a little bitch, but lately, you've been ramping it up to major bitch.

Would you like me to lay off, to stop pointing out your bad behavior? You could just try asking nicely. I can be a real sweetie if approached the right way. And I care. I'd hate to see you end up self-destructing like some of my other fan club members.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

There is something growing in your head. Get a CAT scan. Tomorro -- no, toNIGHT. Right away.

Pictures!!!!!

evolution.gif

6a0168e94e59b4970c01a73da2af4d970d-pi

GOP-Jesus.jpg

bs_ifyour.jpg

RepublicanJesus_zps8780b888.jpg

Once again because it refutes this BS so very well....

Yale university researcher studies conservatives and progressives and finds that conservatives understand science BETTER than the progressives. It shocks him, but doesn't surprise us in the slightest.

"I've got to confess, though, I found this result surprising. As I pushed the button to run the analysis on my computer, I fully expected I'd be shown a modest negative correlation between identifying with the Tea Party and science comprehension.

But then again, I don't know a single person who identifies with the Tea Party. All my impressions come from watching cable tv -- & I don't watch Fox News very often -- and reading the "paper" (New York Times daily, plus a variety of politics-focused internet sites like Huffington Post & Politico).

I'm a little embarrassed, but mainly I'm just glad that I no longer hold this particular mistaken view."

www.culturalcognition.net - Cultural Cognition Blog - Some data on education, religiosity, ideology, and science*comprehension

Wow, another lefty troll thread. Haven't seen one of these in a few seconds...

:rolleyes:

The Republican Party hasn't had a single idea that benefited the majority of Americans since before Reagan.

They've embraced anti intellectualism as a virtue for 40+ years, why do you think less than 10% of scientists self ID as Conservative/GOPers?

Obama and the Democrats have been in power for six years now. The wealthy have got wealthier, the percentage of people who qualify as poor has grown to the highest level in 40 years, energy costs have been the highest in over a decade for six continuous years, more people need public assistance than ever before and you think the Repubs are to blame?:cuckoo:

No they haven't. The Repubs said they would bring the govt down and that's what they've done. Nothing but obstructing, lying, gerrymandering.

In spite of that, Obama has made huge progress. Just think what he could have done if the damn R had gotten out of the way and if they actually worked for the United States.
The GOP is under no obligation to rubber-stamp Obama's agenda. They don't work for him. They work for their constituents.

Yale university researcher studies conservatives and progressives and finds that conservatives understand science BETTER than the progressives. It shocks him, but doesn't surprise us in the slightest.

"I've got to confess, though, I found this result surprising. As I pushed the button to run the analysis on my computer, I fully expected I'd be shown a modest negative correlation between identifying with the Tea Party and science comprehension.

But then again, I don't know a single person who identifies with the Tea Party. All my impressions come from watching cable tv -- & I don't watch Fox News very often -- and reading the "paper" (New York Times daily, plus a variety of politics-focused internet sites like Huffington Post & Politico).

I'm a little embarrassed, but mainly I'm just glad that I no longer hold this particular mistaken view."

www.culturalcognition.net - Cultural Cognition Blog - Some data on education, religiosity, ideology, and science*comprehension

I read your link, it looks like a somewhat less than scientific study of anecdotes and opinions about science......he should be embarrassed.

Open mindedness apparently works best if you don't disagree.
Yes, that's how tolerance works for progressives. If you mindlessly repeat what they say, they'll tolerate you.

If you dare think for yourself, they'll attack.

I read your link, it looks like a somewhat less than scientific study of anecdotes and opinions about science......he should be embarrassed.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Sure thing troll. He actually did a decent study and was shocked that it refuted his pre-conceived idea. Fortunately he had the intellectual honesty to publish the results. Something you clearly aren't, and would not have done.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Sure thing troll. He actually did a decent study and was shocked that it refuted his pre-conceived idea. Fortunately he had the intellectual honesty to publish the results. Something you clearly aren't, and would not have done.

If the same guy had done a similar study under the same conditions about global climate change, and came to a conclusion you didn't agree with, you would have said he was full of shit. You seem to have a tendency to pick and choose your science based on personal opinions.

The researcher:
"The sign of the correlation indicates that science comprehension decreases as political outlooks move in the rightward direction--i.e., the more "liberal" and "Democrat," the more science comprehending."

Westwall:
"Yale university researcher studies conservatives and progressives and finds that conservatives understand science BETTER than the progressives".

Very interesting, the way Westwall claims the researcher says the precise opposite of what the researcher actually said.

Conclusion: If Westwall wants people to stop thinking conservatives are dopes, he should post less often.

I wonder what percentage of so called conservatives actually believe the earth is six thousand years old? That would make an interesting study.

Very, very small. It is a very small group of evangelicals who hold to that belief. Not even
Catholics believe that. You are grasping at straws because your preconceived notion of superiority has been shot all to hell by a liberal professor.

What a pathetic ass you are....

I don't get it. Will you include pictures, please?

The Republican Party hasn't had a single idea that benefited the majority of Americans since before Reagan.

They've embraced anti intellectualism as a virtue for 40+ years, why do you think less than 10% of scientists self ID as Conservative/GOPers?

Obama and the Democrats have been in power for six years now. The wealthy have got wealthier, the percentage of people who qualify as poor has grown to the highest level in 40 years, energy costs have been the highest in over a decade for six continuous years, more people need public assistance than ever before and you think the Repubs are to blame?:cuckoo:

You actually don't know what power is.

Forum List

Back