Why Does the Right Embrace Ignorance as a Virtue?

I see...you see the answer isn't advantageous to your political beliefs, so you can't force yourself to answer.

But, before you're excused, let's see if you can answer this...with the 25+ year RECORD energy production, did refinery capacity increase? Because that also figures into it

So energy prices are high because oil corps don't want to build more refinery's , NOT the manipulation in the market Goldman Sachs admitted was 40% of the costs?

Why would you need the question answered again? Is there or is there not record energy production under Obama?

I want the answer posted because I laugh every time one of you obamabots try to claim anything positive done by Bush becomes credited to Obama.

Second, yes, limited refinery capacity contributes to the cost of energy.

Finally, let's see a link to "the manipulation in the market Goldman Sachs admitted was 40% of the costs".

WHAT did Bush do that created the fracking that has produced record energy again?

So what aren';t the oil comps asking for more refinery's again? lol

Goldman Sachs Admits Its Software Can “Manipulate Markets in Unfair Ways”

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/07/business/07goldman.html?_r=3&ref=business&

Goldman Sachs says speculation behind much of recent oil price rise, tells clients to “sell”

Goldman Sachs says speculation behind much of recent oil price rise, tells clients to "sell" | ThinkProgress

GOP admits speculation is helping boost oil prices, moves to gut speculation watchdog anyway

GOP admits speculation is helping boost oil prices, moves to gut speculation watchdog anyway | ThinkProgress

So energy prices are high because oil corps don't want to build more refinery's , NOT the manipulation in the market Goldman Sachs admitted was 40% of the costs?

Why would you need the question answered again? Is there or is there not record energy production under Obama?

I want the answer posted because I laugh every time one of you obamabots try to claim anything positive done by Bush becomes credited to Obama.

Finally, let's see a link to "the manipulation in the market Goldman Sachs admitted was 40% of the costs".

WHAT did Bush do that created the fracking that has produced record energy again?

Goldman Sachs says speculation behind much of recent oil price rise, tells clients to “sell”

Goldman Sachs says speculation behind much of recent oil price rise, tells clients to "sell" | ThinkProgress

GOP admits speculation is helping boost oil prices, moves to gut speculation watchdog anyway

GOP admits speculation is helping boost oil prices, moves to gut speculation watchdog anyway | ThinkProgress

New refineries are being proposed all the time, but are being blocked by the EPA. But, that won't matter to you. Because you gave yourself away on the Goldman Sachs manipulation thing...you're going back to 2009 to explain today's gas prices. No one who is serious would do that.

I thought you were truly being serious. Go back to posting your propaganda, I didn't mean to interrupt you.

Isn't it odd that this guy can't address the issue raised, then wants to imply that I get my ideas from the Bible, while the information I posted is not supporting bible content?

BTW, if the hammer was modern and merely encased in silica, how is it that the rock encasing the hammer was dated to more than 400 million years old. The hammer itself turned out to be more than 500 million years old?

How is it that a section of the wooden handle had begun the metamorphosis into coal if it were a modern hammer?

And, how is it that hammer’s head, made of more than 96% iron, is far more pure than anything nature could have achieved without assistance?

You won't be able to answer that. So, you'll just dismiss it out of hand as "anecdotal" In fact, you're dismissive of anything that doesn't support your theory, just as the topologists you try to condemn as "ignorant". That's funny!

Sorry, but if you want to argue with the scientific community that has pretty much debunked YOUR hammer theory,. have at it

Let's go through YOUR link

"A team of archaeologists analysed and dated it. The rock encasing the hammer was dated to more than 400 million years old. The hammer itself turned out to be more than 500 million years old. Additionally, a section of the wooden handle had begun the metamorphosis into coal. The hammer’s head, made of more than 96% iron, is far more pure than anything nature could have achieved without assistance from relatively modern smelting methods."

Everything We Have Been Taught About Our Origins Is A Lie | thisishowitisnow

A response to YOUR link

Really, a team of archaeologists? Not a labaratory equipped with carbondating equipment? Wait, not even carbondating - if it is 500 million years old, it follows that radiocarbon dating won't work - it allows for some 70 thousand years, but that's the limit. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. This paragraph simply doesn't live up to that - it leaves open some questions:

Daimonie: Response to [Everything We Have Been Taught About Our Origins Is A Lie]

HAVE AT IT THOUGH :eusa_hand:

I'm supposed to get excited by a blog post by some person claiming the name Daimonie? Thanks, but you'll have to do better. Perhaps something by an actual scientist?

But, I thank you for dropping your specious implication that I was talking about the Bible and trying to associate me with people who believe the Earth is only 5,000 years old.

Sorry I'm not fitting your preexisting expectations.

Got it, Your hammer theory is crap. Thanks for admitting it

The ‘London hammer’ (Texas)
The ?London hammer? (Texas) | Bad Archaeology

The London Hammer:
An Alleged Out-of-Place Artifact

The London Hammer: An Alleged Out of Place Artifact

Carl Edward Baugh is an American young earth creationist. Along with others, Baugh claims to have discovered human footprints alongside dinosaur footprints near the Paluxy River in Texas, but never provided evidence for his alleged findings

His claims have been debunked by the scientific community and other creationists as pseudoscience

His educational credentials have also been called into question.

Carl Baugh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

New refineries are being proposed all the time, but are being blocked by the EPA. But, that won't matter to you. Because you gave yourself away on the Goldman Sachs manipulation thing...you're going back to 2009 to explain today's gas prices. No one who is serious would do that.

I thought you were truly being serious. Go back to posting your propaganda, I didn't mean to interrupt you.

CARE TO GIVE ME THESES REFINERY'S THE EPA IS BLOCKING? lol

2009 gas prices? Oh right, when Bush hit record US oi prices summer 2008

No new oil refinery has been built in the U.S. in more than 35 years. Now there are two in the works. A 20,000-barrel a day refinery in North Dakota is already under construction and on Monday a second was announced.

New U.S. Oil Refinery Proposed - 24/7 Wall St.
'

YOU wing nuts are terrible at history and facts you know?

I don't get it. Will you include pictures, please?

The Republican Party hasn't had a single idea that benefited the majority of Americans since before Reagan.

They've embraced anti intellectualism as a virtue for 40+ years, why do you think less than 10% of scientists self ID as Conservative/GOPers?

Because the rest of them are too afraid to speak, out of fear of losing their job.
Just like in the Universities and Hollywood.
I'm glad to see Conservatives speaking out about their rights in the Universities and in Hollywood.
Scientists should do the same.
It seems that people have had enough of 45 years of liberal threats and intimidation.

The Republican Party hasn't had a single idea that benefited the majority of Americans since before Reagan.

They've embraced anti intellectualism as a virtue for 40+ years, why do you think less than 10% of scientists self ID as Conservative/GOPers?

Because the rest of them are too afraid to speak, out of fear of losing their job.
I'm glad to see Conservatives speaking out about their rights in the Universities and in Hollywood.
It seems that people have had enough of 45 years of liberal threats and intimidation.

Got it, MORE right wing nonsense from the like of rush/Hannity. Weird how SELF DESCRIBED political leanings of scientists are less than 10% conservative or GOP?

I guess 30+ years of embracing anti intellectualism as a virtue has paid dividends?

I found a great article that casts some light on the puzzling, reality-denying, seemingly insane behavior of so many of the rightwingnut AGW denier cultists who post on this forum. It could have been written with them in mind. It perfectly describes their rejection of science and evidence, as well as logic and rationality, in the service of their political/economic ideologies.

Dismissing facts and science has become a staple of conservative ideology.

AlterNet
By Amanda Marcotte
June 11, 2014
(excerpts)
Spouting off about stuff you know nothing about is traditionally considered unwise. But as the Republican war on science intensifies, ignorance has started to become not only less of a handicap, but a point of pride. In the face of expertise and facts, being belligerently ignorant—and offended that anyone dare suggest ignorance is less desirable than knowledge—has become the go-to position for many conservative politicians and pundits. Sadly, it’s a strategy that’s working, making it harder every day for liberals to argue the value of evidence and reason over wishful thinking and unblinking prejudice. ... But for modern Republicans, being downright proud of their ignorance has become a badge of honor, a way to demonstrate loyalty to the right-wing cause while also sticking it to those liberal pinheads who think there’s some kind of value in knowing what they're talking about before offering an opinion.

The thing is, shameless lying and ignorance work surprisingly well as debate tactics. It’s hard to argue with someone who not only has signaled that he doesn’t care what the truth is but is downright proud of how little he actually knows. Such a person is not amenable to being educated. Once the pretense of really caring one way or another about what is right and what is wrong has been abandoned, all avenue of discourse is shut down. The problem here is that someone who is not only so catastrophically wrong but downright proud of being an ignoramus is not going to actually bother to listen to an explanation like that. That’s why the wall of ignorance is such a powerful rhetorical tool. When you have nothing but contempt for the facts, attempts to educate you will only make your pride in your own ignorance grow stronger. The more you try to educate the proudly ignorant, the dumber they get. At the end of the day, the problem is one of identity. The conservative identity is one of being opposed to everything liberal, to the point of despising anything even associated with liberalism. As liberalism has increasingly been aligned with the values of empiricism and reason, the incentives for conservatives to reject empiricism and reason multiply. To be a “conservative” increasingly means taking a contemptuous view of reality. And so the proudly ignorant grow more belligerent, day after day.

Factual evidence often runs counter to so called conservative values. More often than not so called conservatives seem to feign ignorance as a way of disguising dishonesty.

They probably get tired of being trolled by people like that propagandist who I just put on ignore. It's just easier to ignore the unreasonable because they don't have an open mind, and can't really carry on a conversation.

Last edited:
I found a great article that casts some light on the puzzling, reality-denying, seemingly insane behavior of so many of the rightwingnut AGW denier cultists who post on this forum. It could have been written with them in mind. It perfectly describes their rejection of science and evidence, as well as logic and rationality, in the service of their political/economic ideologies.

AlterNet
By Amanda Marcotte
June 11, 2014
(excerpts)
Spouting off about stuff you know nothing about is traditionally considered unwise. But as the Republican war on science intensifies, ignorance has started to become not only less of a handicap, but a point of pride. In the face of expertise and facts, being belligerently ignorant—and offended that anyone dare suggest ignorance is less desirable than knowledge—has become the go-to position for many conservative politicians and pundits. Sadly, it’s a strategy that’s working, making it harder every day for liberals to argue the value of evidence and reason over wishful thinking and unblinking prejudice. ... But for modern Republicans, being downright proud of their ignorance has become a badge of honor, a way to demonstrate loyalty to the right-wing cause while also sticking it to those liberal pinheads who think there’s some kind of value in knowing what they're talking about before offering an opinion.

The thing is, shameless lying and ignorance work surprisingly well as debate tactics. It’s hard to argue with someone who not only has signaled that he doesn’t care what the truth is but is downright proud of how little he actually knows. Such a person is not amenable to being educated. Once the pretense of really caring one way or another about what is right and what is wrong has been abandoned, all avenue of discourse is shut down. The problem here is that someone who is not only so catastrophically wrong but downright proud of being an ignoramus is not going to actually bother to listen to an explanation like that. That’s why the wall of ignorance is such a powerful rhetorical tool. When you have nothing but contempt for the facts, attempts to educate you will only make your pride in your own ignorance grow stronger. The more you try to educate the proudly ignorant, the dumber they get. At the end of the day, the problem is one of identity. The conservative identity is one of being opposed to everything liberal, to the point of despising anything even associated with liberalism. As liberalism has increasingly been aligned with the values of empiricism and reason, the incentives for conservatives to reject empiricism and reason multiply. To be a “conservative” increasingly means taking a contemptuous view of reality. And so the proudly ignorant grow more belligerent, day after day.

Factual evidence often runs counter to so called conservative values. More often than not so called conservatives seem to feign ignorance as a way of disguising dishonesty.

While it's obvious that you have decided on what is "correct" and everything else is "ignorance". There is nothing so closed as the mind of a young person who "knows" something. Carry on.

AlterNet
By Amanda Marcotte
June 11, 2014
(excerpts)

While it's obvious that you have decided on what is "correct" and everything else is "ignorance". There is nothing so closed as the mind of a young person who "knows" something. Carry on.

I've apparently just been admonished by a pompous sounding geriatric.

With obama running around saving the honey bees and predicting hurricanes liberals even mentioning ignorance is laughable.

With obama running around saving the honey bees and predicting hurricanes liberals even mentioning ignorance is laughable.

This ill considered remark provides a good example of the kind of ignorance the OP seeks to address.

:eusa_boohoo:
tough
the op is the ignorant one to lump everyone into the right as if they ALL embrace ignorance FROM some left wing hate site calle, ALTEREDWORLDNET
go bitch at them, I dare ya

Last edited:

This ill considered remark provides a good example of the kind of ignorance the OP seeks to address.

tough
the op is the ignorant one to lump everyone into the right as if they ALL embrace ignorance FROM some left wing hate site calle, ALTEREDWORLDNET

I see, so then your solution is to compound ignorance with more ignorance. It's always good to hear from a voice of reason.

Good rebuttal *shaking head*

Conservatives are mostly dumb, simple minded and with zero honesty today

From your perspective as one who is severely retarded, can you explain how the fact that stupidest people on the forum, you included, are all leftists?

You see, I have a thesis that leftism is built on a foundation of stupidity - so that it will attract people like you.

Oh BTW - which banned leftist troll are you? I could guess, but we cannot speak the name of the pink....

tough

I see, so then your solution is to compound ignorance with more ignorance. It's always good to hear from a voice of reason.

oh stuff it,...we're not impressed with the oh so high and the mighty....... go kick your dog or something you feel you need to scold something

Last edited:
tough

oh stuff it,...we're not impressed with the oh so high and the mighty....... go kick your dog or something you feel you need to scold something

Thank you for taking the time to elevate the conversation.

Thank you for taking the time to elevate the conversation.

reading your 300 word spew's is boring
just trying to help... get a clue
see ya zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Forum List

Back