Why does Obama call ISIS, ISIL?

Levant - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

levant.jpg

Wow talk about bad real estate...

I think the only question is if Obama intends to try to depose Assad at the same time as he deals with IS. His last attempt at threatening Assad didn't turn out so well.

He should do it this way (same for the Sunni and Shias in Iraq).

mushroom-cloud-6214.jpg

Those who think ISIL is anti-Israel are simply misinformed. ISIS never stood for "Islamic State of Iraq and Syria," I was always "Islamic State of Iraq and alSham."

But then there's this:

DAIISH

Finally, a lesser-known acronym to Western readers: DAIISH. It is the straight Arabic shorthand for the group known as: al-Dawla al-Islamiya fi Iraq wa al-Sham, commonly used in the Arab world and among many Arab media outlets and politicians.

Before western media got hold of the story, DAIISH was what it was called in Arabic.

Really wish I could deploy a big fat redex right now.

Fuck Islam.

I think the only question is if Obama intends to try to depose Assad at the same time as he deals with IS. His last attempt at threatening Assad didn't turn out so well.

It's code, designed to be understood by terrorists which is a word he won't use.

And the term 'Levant' blots out the existence of Israel.

It's code, designed to be understood by terrorists which is a word he won't use.

Which is a big reason ISL* must be destroyed.

*I will choose any term I wish, the monsters do not control me.

Absolutely----Its always been about Israel. It's a continuation of the neocon plan that began with Iraq and Afghanistan.

What difference does it make!!!

Besides, Barry just said ISIL isn't an Islamic organization in spite of the fact the first I in the acronym stands for Islamic. I guess you have to be a gifted Teleprompter reader to be able to nuance this stuff. Thank God we've got a friend of domestic terrorists like Billy Ayers and others in the White House to help us understand what's happening.

Praise Allah!

Besides, Barry just said ISIL isn't an Islamic organization in spite of the fact the first I in the acronym stands for Islamic. I guess you have to be a gifted Teleprompter reader to be able to nuance this stuff. Thank God we've got a friend of domestic terrorists like Billy Ayers and others in the White House to help us understand what's happening.

Praise Allah!

And the Soviet Union was a worker's state, as are China & Cuba No, not in reality.

Praise Allah!

His two most significant foreign policy achievements will be a nuclear Iran, and the restoration of the Islamic caliphate.

Absolutely----Its always been about Israel. It's a continuation of the neocon plan that began with Iraq and Afghanistan.

So.....which do you see as worse......

The United States backing the outpost of civilization, the only democracy in the Middle East

...or a President of the United States hating that outpost, and, by omission and by commission, giving aid and comfort to savages, members of a 7th century blood cult?

Don't forget......fence sitters get splinters.

So.....which do you see as worse......

The United States backing the outpost of civilization, the only democracy in the Middle East

...or a President of the United States hating that outpost, and, by omission and by commission, giving aid and comfort to savages, members of a 7th century blood cult?

Don't forget......fence sitters get splinters.

Fence-sitters may get splinters, but people down on either side step in dog poo. :)

I term them ISL, as L stands for Levant; the killers have used many names. No difference as ISIS stands for Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham. As the group's goal is Levant, ISIL or ISL is more accurate.

ISIS ISIL or Islamic State Are They the Same What to Call Iraq s Islamic Militants

I usually just say ISIS. Rather have everyone know who I'm talking about than be academicly correct.

Ok, I saw ISL in articles, one less letter to type. And indicating all the ground and peoples the ______ want to control and annihilate.

Forum List

Back