Why does everyone focus on Trumps background, but not Bernies?

Here's what Bernie Sanders actually did in the civil rights movement

Although Sanders did attend the 1963 March on Washington, at which Lewis spoke, most of his work was in and around Hyde Park, where he became involved with the campus chapter of CORE shortly after transferring from Brooklyn College in 1961. During Sanders' first year in Chicago, a group of apartment-hunting white and black students had discovered that off-campus buildings owned by the university were refusing torent to black students, in violation of the school's policies. CORE organized a 15-day sit-in at the administration building, which Sanders helped lead. (James Farmer, who co-founded CORE and had been a Freedom Rider with Lewis, came to the University of Chicago that winter to praise the activists' work.) The protest ended when George Beadle, the university's president, agreed to form a commission to study the school's housing policies.

The media virtually ignored Sanders until Iowa, and then their reaction was "Wait, what? Where did he come from?"

His record is no mystery to anyone willing to look for it.

That the first thing y'all pounce on is a single sentence spoken 30+ years ago suggests you can dig all you want, but you won't find any dirt.

If you do find anything you think you can use, though, be assured Hillary's staff are already running with it.
People don't know it. Period. People don't know he was a radical. People don't know he was friends with totalitarians.

And yet --- you think you do. Are you a robot, since you're not a people?

Bernie Sanders has been in the political spotlight since he was mayor of Burlington. Whether you personally were aware of it at the time is pretty much moot.

What is there important to know of Trump's background beyond that he was born to rich real estate developer, was a smart kid and good student, became even richer in real est, despite (or maybe more accurately because) he utilized bankruptcy, has run through a succession of wives and lovers but seems fond of his kids, and has supported a pretty socially libertarian pol agenda, and is flip flopping on immigration and a bunch of other stuff, and his view on immigration is xenophobic and based (or pandering) to irrational views of race and religion?

I don't mean to be flippant, but is there something else, assuming the above wouldn't disqualify him for a rational person's support.
His father was a racist and undoubtedly taught Trump some racists views.

Although Sanders did attend the 1963 March on Washington, at which Lewis spoke, most of his work was in and around Hyde Park, where he became involved with the campus chapter of CORE shortly after transferring from Brooklyn College in 1961. During Sanders' first year in Chicago, a group of apartment-hunting white and black students had discovered that off-campus buildings owned by the university were refusing torent to black students, in violation of the school's policies. CORE organized a 15-day sit-in at the administration building, which Sanders helped lead. (James Farmer, who co-founded CORE and had been a Freedom Rider with Lewis, came to the University of Chicago that winter to praise the activists' work.) The protest ended when George Beadle, the university's president, agreed to form a commission to study the school's housing policies.
He did do some good things. So has Trump. It just depends on what you want to see, I guess.

The media virtually ignored Sanders until Iowa, and then their reaction was "Wait, what? Where did he come from?"

That the first thing y'all pounce on is a single sentence spoken 30+ years ago suggests you can dig all you want, but you won't find any dirt.

If you do find anything you think you can use, though, be assured Hillary's staff are already running with it.
People don't know it. Period. People don't know he was a radical. People don't know he was friends with totalitarians.

And yet --- you think you do. Are you a robot, since you're not a people?

Bernie Sanders has been in the political spotlight since he was mayor of Burlington. Whether you personally were aware of it at the time is pretty much moot.

To be a older intellectual, you sure are a childish asswipe.
People in general, asshole.
And I wasn't at the time. I am only 30. Do you have a point to make or just trolling my posts?

He did do some good things. So has Trump. It just depends on what you want to see, I guess.

Yeah, everyones done some good things. I guess thats the republicans bar. Have you done some good things before?

Bernie Sanders and his supporters should be shamed and shunned for thinking they are entitled to other peoples wealth. Other people work overtime, take the risks, make the sacrifices, and the moochers come in and grab the rewards I don't think so. Bernie and his ilk can go do hell imo.

Yeah, everyones done some good things. I guess thats the republicans bar. Have you done some good things before?
Since you call me a republican, can I call you a roman? Or what about a muslim? Maybe a Persian?
And you totally missed my point. Irony.

What is there important to know of Trump's background beyond that he was born to rich real estate developer, was a smart kid and good student, became even richer in real est, despite (or maybe more accurately because) he utilized bankruptcy, has run through a succession of wives and lovers but seems fond of his kids, and has supported a pretty socially libertarian pol agenda, and is flip flopping on immigration and a bunch of other stuff, and his view on immigration is xenophobic and based (or pandering) to irrational views of race and religion?

I don't mean to be flippant, but is there something else, assuming the above wouldn't disqualify him for a rational person's support.
His father was a racist and undoubtedly taught Trump some racists views.
Mine too. LOL

I suppose my question would be whether the Donald has any rational basis to believe the latino immigrants (legal and otherwise) and legal muslim immigrants pose either any greater danger to public safety than past immigrant groups did when they immigrated, or any greater danger than the public at large.

Last edited:

Maybe if people stopped chanting "free shit, free shit, free shit!" for five minutes, they could take advantage of this amazing thing called the Internet and actually inform themselves.

I know, what a concept.
yea right LOL like half of our country isn't too lazy to do that. Memes, comedy and empty rhetoric is all a lot of people need.

Q.v. Post #11. Guess it's up to you to bring them the Word.

Use Photoshops. They like Photoshops.

yeah, but IF I were a black in the South, I'd be asking whether there's a difference between Bernie moving to NH to be on some land, and eventually going into public service (where he did do some positive things) or Hillary following Bill back to Ark (where they also did some positive things)

Since you call me a republican, can I call you a roman? Or what about a muslim? Maybe a Persian?

How many times are you going to avoid denying you're a republican? You never deny it, you just tap dance

If anyone looked at Sander's background they would find a lazy hippie who couldn't compete in the real world and became a political stooge

Rabble

Astute is more like it. Of course you're a member of the clown brigade and everyone knows what you assholes are all about

Accusation Rabble...
one trick pony

I wish it was something there to respond to besides her made up accusations tsk tsk

How many times are you going to avoid denying you're a republican? You never deny it, you just tap dance

How many times are going to avoid denying you are an Islamic Persian?
I am not a republican for the 150 th time this month. I am also nto a liberal for the 150th time this month.
"hey! he isn't a social Marxist and believes in responsibility and individual liberty. He is a republican" WWWWAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

Forum List

Back