Why does everyone focus on Trumps background, but not Bernies?

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012

"I believe in the redistribution of wealth in this nation.” April 1985
Back in the 70s and 80s he called for govt takeover of various businesses, including utility and oil companies. He advocated money seizure and more.
So, why not talk about it?

Back in the 70s and 80s he called for govt takeover of various businesses, including utility and oil companies. He advocated money seizure and more.
Who did?

The "redistribution" this unidentified person talks about is of course, merely theft and distribution of stolen goods. The only power government has to take in money, is to operate its duly assigned government functions. And turning around and handing that money to someone else simply to give them more, isn't one of them.

In fact, the Constitution contains specific bans on the Fed govt distributing such largesse willy-nilly. The misnamed "Welfare Clause" is more accurately called the "equal spending" clause, forbidding the Fed govt from spending money on any program that doesn't benefit all Americans.

Bernie's an old guy who grew up poor in Brooklyn. He's got a certain slant on who the bad guys are. I don't have his resentment of rich people, but I do think his universal healthcare proposal is a good one. Too bad someone with such radical ideas has to be the one to bring it to America--but he's got guts, I'll give him that.

Why does everyone focus on Trumps background, but not Bernies?[sic]

--- Maybe because Bernie doesn't lie about his?

Just a wild guess.....

Because they fear trump becoming president. They also know Bernie doesn't stand a chance.

If anyone looked at Sander's background they would find a lazy hippie who couldn't compete in the real world and became a political stooge

The media virtually ignored Sanders until Iowa, and then their reaction was "Wait, what? Where did he come from?"

His record is no mystery to anyone willing to look for it.

That the first thing y'all pounce on is a single sentence spoken 30+ years ago suggests you can dig all you want, but you won't find any dirt.

If you do find anything you think you can use, though, be assured Hillary's staff are already running with it.

Bernie's an old guy who grew up poor in Brooklyn. He's got a certain slant on who the bad guys are. I don't have his resentment of rich people, but I do think his universal healthcare proposal is a good one. Too bad someone with such radical ideas has to be the one to bring it to America--but he's got guts, I'll give him that.
You do realize he helped oversee the veterans hospital right?

12744396_10204250244415357_5464444674658245359_n.jpg

The media virtually ignored Sanders until Iowa, and then their reaction was "Wait, what? Where did he come from?"

That the first thing y'all pounce on is a single sentence spoken 30+ years ago suggests you can dig all you want, but you won't find any dirt.

If you do find anything you think you can use, though, be assured Hillary's staff are already running with it.
People don't know it. Period. People don't know he was a radical. People don't know he was friends with totalitarians.

Why does everyone focus on Trumps background, but not Bernies?[sic]

--- Maybe because Bernie doesn't lie about his?

Just a wild guess.....
So people have asked him about his radical past? Care to point to the interview?

People don't know it. Period. People don't know he was a radical. People don't know he was friends with totalitarians.

Maybe if people stopped chanting "free shit, free shit, free shit!" for five minutes, they could take advantage of this amazing thing called the Internet and actually inform themselves.

I know, what a concept.

Nonsense.

There's been ample reporting on Sanders' background.

Bernie is not married to a former prostitute

Maybe if people stopped chanting "free shit, free shit, free shit!" for five minutes, they could take advantage of this amazing thing called the Internet and actually inform themselves.

I know, what a concept.
yea right LOL like half of our country isn't too lazy to do that. Memes, comedy and empty rhetoric is all a lot of people need.

I know, what a concept.

You're calling for a rhetorical revolution. :nono:

You radical you.

What is there important to know of Trump's background beyond that he was born to rich real estate developer, was a smart kid and good student, became even richer in real est, despite (or maybe more accurately because) he utilized bankruptcy, has run through a succession of wives and lovers but seems fond of his kids, and has supported a pretty socially libertarian pol agenda, and is flip flopping on immigration and a bunch of other stuff, and his view on immigration is xenophobic and based (or pandering) to irrational views of race and religion?

I don't mean to be flippant, but is there something else, assuming the above wouldn't disqualify him for a rational person's support.

Forum List

Back