Why does Creationist view cause a problem as Sec of the Army?

Are those actual issues as secretary of the Army?
The specific matter that Green is a Creationist is not a problem. The fact that as the whatever type of Creationist he is, and he's clearly not an Evolutionary Creationist, he must necessarily reject or misunderstand the notion of falsifiability is a problem for it shows there is a huge gap in his understanding of the scientific method, a gap that by its mere existence necessarily means his analytical skills are "so-so" at best.
The issue isn't as much that the SecArmy will perform science, per se, but rather that the concepts and application in the scientific method are part and parcel of rational thought, analysis and decision making of any sort. Although voters can and clearly have installed as POTUS a man of meager cognitive aptitude, mediocrity in that regard is not what we need in anyone who serves as an appointed principal, most especially seeing as the "brains" at the top are not exactly "cooking with gas."
cooking with gas is for pussies

Are those actual issues as secretary of the Army?
The specific matter that Green is a Creationist is not a problem. The fact that as the whatever type of Creationist he is, and he's clearly not an Evolutionary Creationist, he must necessarily reject or misunderstand the notion of falsifiability is a problem for it shows there is a huge gap in his understanding of the scientific method, a gap that by its mere existence necessarily means his analytical skills are "so-so" at best.
The issue isn't as much that the SecArmy will perform science, per se, but rather that the concepts and application in the scientific method are part and parcel of rational thought, analysis and decision making of any sort. Although voters can and clearly have installed as POTUS a man of meager cognitive aptitude, mediocrity in that regard is not what we need in anyone who serves as an appointed principal, most especially seeing as the "brains" at the top are not exactly "cooking with gas."
cooking with gas is for pussies
That does appear to be the current Administration's outlook. LOL

If his priorities lie in a magical next life, and he'll put those ahead of real issues affecting his charges or our country, then that's a problem.
Its a personal belief. You cant prove god doesn't exist. And he cant prove he does.

I can act on real, proven information. Dubya said part of the reason he wanted to invade Iraq is that God asked him to. If he's not bullshitting, then that's terrifying.
Let us know when you can defy gravity; and no, you can't prove it.

If his priorities lie in a magical next life, and he'll put those ahead of real issues affecting his charges or our country, then that's a problem.
Its a personal belief. You cant prove god doesn't exist. And he cant prove he does.

I can act on real, proven information. Dubya said part of the reason he wanted to invade Iraq is that God asked him to. If he's not bullshitting, then that's terrifying.
What? :cuckoo:

Because if he believes that, he'll believe anything
That's harsh. People have lots of peculiar beliefs that don't hurt anyone and that 99% of the world never know about.

But are those people potentially going to be the Secretary of the Army?

What if he believed in UFO's, Time Travelers, and Golden Tablets? Oh wait, that's Mitt Romney.

You can only act on what is provable...you can't prove gravity.

tumblr_m43g6aCcsA1qedmglo1_500.gif

that chick is a catholic :lol:

that chick is a catholic :lol:
Me too

In other words, you are too arrogant to admit you spoke out of your rectum.

Trump wants Mark Green for Secretary of the Army. There's a real issue there because he is a Creationist and because he said psychiatrists consider transgenderism a disease.

Are those actual issues as secretary of the Army? I'm really asking. I don't see how those views have anything to do with the position.

Trump Army secretary pick gave a lecture arguing against the theory of evolution - CNNPolitics.com

I think that anyone who doesn't believe in Evolution has a real science issue- but no- I don't think those issues should disqualify him.

Just because someone believes the Earth was created by a sky fairy 6,000 years doesn't mean he can't figure out how to organize our troops.

Trump wants Mark Green for Secretary of the Army. There's a real issue there because he is a Creationist and because he said psychiatrists consider transgenderism a disease.

Are those actual issues as secretary of the Army? I'm really asking. I don't see how those views have anything to do with the position.

Trump Army secretary pick gave a lecture arguing against the theory of evolution - CNNPolitics.com

I think that anyone who doesn't believe in Evolution has a real science issue- but no- I don't think those issues should disqualify him.

Just because someone believes the Earth was created by a sky fairy 6,000 years doesn't mean he can't figure out how to organize our troops.
God is not a fairy.

God is not a fairy.

Who mentioned God?

God is not a fairy.

Who mentioned God?
Loosen up..."Just because someone believes the Earth was created by a sky fairy [SIC]"

Well as many times my ex old lady would scream oh god, well I might be God after all...

It matter not to me if he believe in a Divine or we came from a magical fart of dust. All that matter is how well can he do his job, and most in the Military are religious, so his view will not affect them...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back