Why do you support Ukraine?

FranklinRoosevelt_FTW

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
May 12, 2022
This thread is meant for Americans who support Ukraine or I suppose Canadians or Europeans for that matter. Why do you support Ukraine?

Let me explain my position on the war I am neutral in the Russia Ukraine war. As an American I recognize that we invaded dated Iraq … for anyone here who supports Ukraine when we invaded Iraq in 2003 did you support Iraq? If not then what kind of logic do you have? When we went to war in Vietnam to defend south Vietnam from north Vietnam did you support north Vietnam ? because if you didn’t then why are you supporting Ukraine today?

Russia invaded Ukraine. Russia did not invade the United States of America. As an American I have no reason to be against Russia they did not support Saddam Hussein and Iraq in 2003 and they could have quite easily… but they did not they could’ve sent them tons and tons of F-16 jets or they could’ve sent them rifles they could’ve sent them plenty of tanks who knows chemical weapons they could’ve sent them many things that’s the point but they didn’t.

I suspect many people here support Ukraine because their government is telling them to do so. Because they see pictures on the media outlets including right wing and left wing …showing some Ukrainian refugees and children crying. Going by that same logic literally the same logic because we’re all human beings doesn’t matter what country you’re from unless somebody is a bigot. ….What about the grandmas in Iraq that were crying and screaming because of their dead grandchildren when the Americans invaded?

I can already imagine some of the far left wing and even the neo conservative responses

oh Saddam Hussein’s not the same thing as Zelenskyy”

Well actually Saddam Hussein had a huge amount of support from Iraqi Christians and from women in Iraq. And look at today Iraq is almost controlled by Iran and there’s many people in Iraq many people in the Arab nation that are against Iran they don’t like seeing women forced to cover their hair. But in Iraq and parts of Iraq that’s an issue now. Wasn’t like that in the 1980s or 1990s when by the way America support Iraq in a fight against Iran.

Ukrainian lives matter , CNN tells me this so I support Ukraine, can’t you see what Vladimir Putin is doing to Ukraine. Can’t you see how evil the Russians are. Don’t you see all the pictures of people crying in Ukraine

This is not a logical argument from the neoconservatives and from the left-wing Americans. And here is why …you could look at the photos from the Vietnam war of young Vietnamese babies being killed Vietnamese children crying.

There are individual Americans and individual Russians who have committed war crimes in war…but most Americans and most Russians just like most Ukrainians are good people. This all goes back to one thing you see America has invaded other countries so when Russia invaded Ukraine don’t throw that stone in the glass house.

Finally and here’s something really important to consider. Yes it is true that Russia is not really like Vietnam or Iraq in one singular extraordinary sense. Russia has the most nuclear weapons in the world.

because I hate putin and what he stands for. The guy is a fascist creep that shits on human rights, freedom and freedom of expression. I have to ask why you support him? That isn't something FDR would be ok with.
I had to disagree with you my friend. Fdr envisioned a world where the Soviet union, China and the British empire and America would work together. I want to see that world.

Now as for what you say about Vladimir Putin well that’s what a lot of people in the global south … countries like India and China and many other countries say about American leader ship. And I think there’s a different way to look at this …the major world powers they go to war it’s a part of history I think warfare is unfortunate but it’s a part of history. And a country like Russia and America are the world super powers …they have big-time militaries so from time to time they will use them. Again let’s not throw stones in glass houses

In B4 "MUH MOCRACY!"

Never mind the fact that Tenpercentskyy has outlawed opposition parties, opposing views in the media, jailed opponents, and has his oligarchs in charge of nearly everything.
Also the Ukrainian government has targeted Ukrainian churches if they so much as feel that they are not peddling the pro Ukraine line.

because I hate putin and what he stands for. The guy is a fascist creep that shits on human rights, freedom and freedom of expression. I have to ask why you support him? That isn't something FDR would be ok with.
No clue how many parties, TV networks, social media platforms, books, ect were banned in Ukraine since 2014? Talking about freedom of expression while supporting those who oppress it?

Nothing against Ukraine at all, hottest women on the planet, just that they should fight their own battles and if they can't-- surrender for the good of all. I don't mind offering some food, some help, maybe a few guns and advisers, but I draw the line at 100 billion in planes, tanks, missile launchers, rockets, howitzers, grenades, bombs, bullets and rebuilding their cities and pensions while I am at it.

Next thing they will want is blow jobs.

It's not my battle. Ukraine doesn't do shit for me; I've never bought a single TV, radio, stereo, VCR, cellphone, car, DVD or food that came from there.

When an emperor wannabe invades some country they are not satisfied with one bite. There were many before WW2 that said we should stay out of it as if that was an option. You don't mitigate the danger of an expansionist dictator by letting them snatch what they want. Putin is eager for another Nevile Chamberlain to trust him that he will stop with crushing just a few insignificant free countries. We all know the patsy he has in mind.

This thread is meant for Americans who support Ukraine or I suppose Canadians or Europeans for that matter. Why do you support Ukraine?

Let me explain my position on the war I am neutral in the Russia Ukraine war. As an American I recognize that we invaded dated Iraq … for anyone here who supports Ukraine when we invaded Iraq in 2003 did you support Iraq? If not then what kind of logic do you have? When we went to war in Vietnam to defend south Vietnam from north Vietnam did you support north Vietnam ? because if you didn’t then why are you supporting Ukraine today?

Russia invaded Ukraine. Russia did not invade the United States of America. As an American I have no reason to be against Russia they did not support Saddam Hussein and Iraq in 2003 and they could have quite easily… but they did not they could’ve sent them tons and tons of F-16 jets or they could’ve sent them rifles they could’ve sent them plenty of tanks who knows chemical weapons they could’ve sent them many things that’s the point but they didn’t.

I suspect many people here support Ukraine because their government is telling them to do so. Because they see pictures on the media outlets including right wing and left wing …showing some Ukrainian refugees and children crying. Going by that same logic literally the same logic because we’re all human beings doesn’t matter what country you’re from unless somebody is a bigot. ….What about the grandmas in Iraq that were crying and screaming because of their dead grandchildren when the Americans invaded?

I can already imagine some of the far left wing and even the neo conservative responses

oh Saddam Hussein’s not the same thing as Zelenskyy”

Well actually Saddam Hussein had a huge amount of support from Iraqi Christians and from women in Iraq. And look at today Iraq is almost controlled by Iran and there’s many people in Iraq many people in the Arab nation that are against Iran they don’t like seeing women forced to cover their hair. But in Iraq and parts of Iraq that’s an issue now. Wasn’t like that in the 1980s or 1990s when by the way America support Iraq in a fight against Iran.

Ukrainian lives matter , CNN tells me this so I support Ukraine, can’t you see what Vladimir Putin is doing to Ukraine. Can’t you see how evil the Russians are. Don’t you see all the pictures of people crying in Ukraine

This is not a logical argument from the neoconservatives and from the left-wing Americans. And here is why …you could look at the photos from the Vietnam war of young Vietnamese babies being killed Vietnamese children crying.

There are individual Americans and individual Russians who have committed war crimes in war…but most Americans and most Russians just like most Ukrainians are good people. This all goes back to one thing you see America has invaded other countries so when Russia invaded Ukraine don’t throw that stone in the glass house.

Finally and here’s something really important to consider. Yes it is true that Russia is not really like Vietnam or Iraq in one singular extraordinary sense. Russia has the most nuclear weapons in the world.
When you said that there were many Christians in Iraq who supported Saddam, I immediately knew you knew something about the Iraq topic. In fact, Saddam permitted all religions to practice in the light of day. His regime was hugely popular and successful.

For me it's best that I let this topic ripen for a bit.

I don't accept Ukrainians dying for America's purpose and I don't support America's war against Russia. That's all for now.

I know all such situations are more complicated than we make them out to be but for me it's easy, "one country is the aggressor without violent provocation while the other is defending their homeland".

When citizens of one country are forced through taxation and browbeating to support a BS proxy war in another country then "support" get's hard to come by. I'm no fool and I know a bad deal for Americans when I see one.

I could give two shits that the Ukes and Orgs are at each other's throats......The corrupt shits deserve each other.

That said I do care about the billions pissed away there that would be much better spent securing our borders instead of making the IMC, politicians, and their party richer.

I know all such situations are more complicated than we make them out to be but for me it's easy, "one country is the aggressor without violent provocation while the other is defending their homeland".
The denial of violent provocations is probably attributed to the fact that the politics and their media remain silent about them. But actually they are very official.

We are not being told the truth about any of it. It's all out there to find but nobody wants to really know.
I think you're pretending to not know.
There's no shortage of propaganda on both sides but you aren't accepting the other side's.

You can get the whole story from Scott Ritter, Col. D. Macgregor, and several others.

What do you want to know? All you need to do is figure out for yourself who's lying and who's telling the truth.

Forum List

Back