“Why do you bring people like that here? No one wants to see that, the wounded,” says Trump

His party isn't doing anything to wreck the lives of serving soldiers, that I am aware of. Hopefully you are not talking about those senior Officer's promotions being held up. That is no big deal. They aren't suffering. Trust me. At the ranks we are talking about, they aren't even in serving in positions above their rank. That is for people that were at my level and below, and it better be done right or there isn't a move to higher rank.
If the government shuts down, I believe their paychecks are delayed.

If the government shuts down, I believe their paychecks are delayed.
We will be alright, after all, we will get paid back and you would play hell getting some soldier foreclosed or car repossessed in that situation, as there are measures such as soldiers and sailors relief act. This shutdown is just their usual tactic, and the Speaker of the House is just stuck as their whipping boy, but the freedom caucus assholes can't even get rid of him, and none of them want the job.

Last edited:
He did, but like everything else coming from the mouths of these libs, they twist the meaning.

He was saying something like George Patton:
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his
Yeah, he has the best words. That's why his statements need interpretation

Are you saying Trump never said that he doesn’t like people who were captured?

2:00 mark

Trump has said many things in support of the troops. Trump talks shit CONSTANTLY. Have you not ever known someone like this? A person's character is founded in actions, not a couple of stupid things he may have said.

Trump has said many things in support of the troops. Trump talks shit CONSTANTLY. Have you not ever known someone like this? A person's character is founded in actions, not a couple of stupid things he may have said.
Be that as it may, people here are denying he ever said it.

That’s bananans.

I will now take this thread in a new direction. Note that words taken out of context can be construed to mean things they were not intended to mean in the first place. The cads at CNN make their careers doing this. Clearly, Trump supports the troops and vets. He acted to make the VA more accountable to the vets when he was president, for example. What Trump was saying, if he indeed said this, is based in PR. He does not want a bunch of cripples showing up for public appearances because it brings everybody down and undermines the message. Some wounded vets, especially those injured by IEDs in the middle east, are difficult to look at. It does not mean they are gross or less valid. It means what happened to them was horrific. Nobody is putting these wounded patriots out there as human props. First, it is a very sociopathic Obama thing. Second, on a messaging level it is only beneficial when doing something like promoting the care of our wounded soldiers. The only difference between what Trump said and what the rest of the politicians say about it is that Milley allegedly heard and repeated what Trump said. Why? Because the media will take it out of context and try to fuck Trump with it.

The same thing happened with Charlottesville. The comment "There are fine people on both sides" was never intended to include white supremacists. There are many people opposed to removing historical statues for non-racial reasons. Ever hear the phrase, "If you do not know history then you are bound to repeat it?" The media and left imputed an intent that was not there. It is the exact same thing with the comment Milley sleazily said happened. There is absolutely nothing in Trump's statement about not wanting disabled vets at public appearances that indicates that Trump does not like soldiers. That is an intention imputed to him by the media and political left. He was talking within the context of public relations. And, frankly, it is somewhere on the spectrum between "sick" and "fucked up" to use victimized people as human props at public appearances anyway. Trump has enough respect for vets to recognize this and choose not to do it.

Is Trump a brash, speak-before-you-think kind of man? Certainly. Do I believe Milley? I don't know what, exactly, to think of Milley. I do not trust him. But I will give him the benefit of the doubt here for the purpose of this argument. But, I certainly do not give Milley any credit for divining Trump's intention. Neither he nor the media are qualified to read people's minds. Do I think Trump dislikes our military and vets? Of course I don't. He has made that abundantly clear through his words and his actions over the past 7 years.

The medial can taken this turd of a non-story and run with it like a cash-and-grab robber running in his stolen Jordans from a police car. The media is not even voicing any consideration about this angle (i.e., that the context was PR). Omitting all angles is a clear misrepresentation of the facts. This is not journalism at all. It is propaganda. But they throw it out there to see if it sticks, knowing that little leftist/Dem shills will spread it all over social media because, you know, "TruMp baD!"

Be that as it may, people here are denying he ever said it.

That’s bananans.
Yeah, I do not know if he actually said it or not. I certainly think he could have said it. But even if he did, I believe some context is needed.

Forum List

Back