Why do White people in America only identify with the term American but nothing else?

So you have African Americans, Native Americans, Mexican Americans, or Asian Americans etc. But White people in America seems to be the outkast? Can someone help me understand this?

The USA is supposed to be a melting pot. That means while you honor the culture that you came from, you should honor the culture of America even more. That means you should ignore color (we are all created equal are we not?) religion, sexual preference, anything that would serve to drive other peoples apart, were supposed to be embraced in the new country. That ideal has yet to be achieved because the elite figured out the best way to control the people is to keep them separate and at war with each other. "Divide
And Conquer".
That only works if people are dumb enough to say my group is superior. If they dont say that then there is no issue. You will never see everyone claiming they are simply american as long as the resources and access to opportunities are not evenly distributed. People that believe in the American theory are probably the first ones to get upset about AA and reparations. They actually think that pretending America has not caused economic and cultural injury to some is going to make people feel included.

No, it works when all groups realize that they are not superior to anyone. That together they can create things better, faster, and more long lasting than if they are separate. So far the only time that that sort of "togetherness" has occurred is when some tyrant enforces it. The USA came closest to developing that togetherness without the overt tyranny that has been required in the past.

We were able to get close by not having a entrenched class system, by allowing people to advance their situation by merit and not birth. Now, those advances are being systematically destroyed and undermined by the ruling elite so that they can guarantee that they are the only ones in power.
That may be true among white people but their were plenty of civilizations in my world, the African world, that were able to work together. Matter of fact Ethiopia was not colonized because Christians and Muslims worked together to expel white people by killing the priest and kicking them out.

So you have African Americans, Native Americans, Mexican Americans, or Asian Americans etc. But White people in America seems to be the outkast? Can someone help me understand this?

The USA is supposed to be a melting pot. That means while you honor the culture that you came from, you should honor the culture of America even more. That means you should ignore color (we are all created equal are we not?) religion, sexual preference, anything that would serve to drive other peoples apart, were supposed to be embraced in the new country. That ideal has yet to be achieved because the elite figured out the best way to control the people is to keep them separate and at war with each other. "Divide
And Conquer".
That only works if people are dumb enough to say my group is superior. If they dont say that then there is no issue. You will never see everyone claiming they are simply american as long as the resources and access to opportunities are not evenly distributed. People that believe in the American theory are probably the first ones to get upset about AA and reparations. They actually think that pretending America has not caused economic and cultural injury to some is going to make people feel included.

No, it works when all groups realize that they are not superior to anyone. That together they can create things better, faster, and more long lasting than if they are separate. So far the only time that that sort of "togetherness" has occurred is when some tyrant enforces it. The USA came closest to developing that togetherness without the overt tyranny that has been required in the past.

We were able to get close by not having a entrenched class system, by allowing people to advance their situation by merit and not birth. Now, those advances are being systematically destroyed and undermined by the ruling elite so that they can guarantee that they are the only ones in power.
That may be true among white people but their were plenty of civilizations in my world, the African world, that were able to work together. Matter of fact Ethiopia was not colonized because Christians and Muslims worked together to expel white people by killing the priest and kicking them out.

That's true. And now the whole continent is at each others throat. That's some progress there.

How is the fishing here, what bait are you using? White people suck bait? Or the perennial Whites are all Racist bait?

New England is a city retard. Nice try though.

City?

New England is a region in the northeastern corner of the United States consisting of the six states of Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont, Rhode Island, and Connecticut.

New England - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

:lol:
Thats what I meant. A region.

You called the other poster a retard cause he thought it was a state. You just misspoke though, right? :lol:

Dude, they see a black guy. Seriously. Some might but most don't "also see" anything else. Seriously. They see a black guy cause you're a black guy. You walk down the street looking at people thinking "hey, there goes an Italian-American!"?
I never said they didnt see a Black guy. It really doesnt matter because I'm not calling myself an African American for someone elses approval. I'm doing it because thats what I am.

Right. They also don't say to themselves "oh hey, I see a black African-American there walking across the street". They just see a black guy.

Never said you were doing it for someone else's approval.

Do you look at others and say "hey, there's a nice looking Greek-American over there"?
Depends. Most Greeks I have seen are fat and hairy.

Do you view people as their heritage-American or just as American?
of course I misspoke. I should have include the regional description as well.

I never view people as americans. Thats presumptuous and arrogant. I view them according to what my eyes, ears, smell, and other senses tell me.

You called the other poster a retard for misspeaking. Pot, kettle, black.

New England is a city retard. Nice try though.

City?

New England is a region in the northeastern corner of the United States consisting of the six states of Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont, Rhode Island, and Connecticut.

New England - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

:lol:
Thats what I meant. A region.

You called the other poster a retard cause he thought it was a state. You just misspoke though, right? :lol:

Dude, they see a black guy. Seriously. Some might but most don't "also see" anything else. Seriously. They see a black guy cause you're a black guy. You walk down the street looking at people thinking "hey, there goes an Italian-American!"?
I never said they didnt see a Black guy. It really doesnt matter because I'm not calling myself an African American for someone elses approval. I'm doing it because thats what I am.

Right. They also don't say to themselves "oh hey, I see a black African-American there walking across the street". They just see a black guy.

Never said you were doing it for someone else's approval.

Do you look at others and say "hey, there's a nice looking Greek-American over there"?
Depends. Most Greeks I have seen are fat and hairy.

Do you view people as their heritage-American or just as American?
of course I misspoke. I should have include the regional description as well.

I never view people as americans. Thats presumptuous and arrogant. I view them according to what my eyes, ears, smell, and other senses tell me.

It's presumptuous to view Americans as Americans? Huh?

You refer to blacks as A-A, do you refer to xxxx-Americans as xxxx-American or just as American?

And Conquer".

That's true. And now the whole continent is at each others throat. That's some progress there.

And before that, and probably STILL happening, the tribal chieftains were selling their children into slavery which would explain Asclepias' presence on this board making shit up as he skips along.

I think Teddy Roosevelt was right.

The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English- Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian- Americans, or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality than with the other citizens of the American Republic.”
“The men who do not become Americans and nothing else are hyphenated Americans; and there ought to be no room for them in this country. The man who calls himself an American citizen and who yet shows by his actions that he is primarily the citizen of a foreign land, plays a thoroughly mischievous part in the life of our body politic. He has no place here; and the sooner he returns to the land to which he feels his real heart-allegiance, the better it will be for every good American.”

b/c the only people that should say "I'm a ______________ American" are immigrants.

But every single last immigrant I know will say "I'm an American"

It's all leftist divide and conquer, and it works

Just because you affiliate with other cultures or demographics does not make you any less of an American

You can still recognize your Italian roots and culture and still be an American
You can be a Texan and have a certain culture and background and still be an American
You can be a senior citizen and still be an American

Being an American is very broad
There's a VAST difference between having some pride in where your family came from and calling anyone a racist that doesn't mention it.

not every black person is from africa, it's insulting to people from Australia and other regions

Can we as Americans actually answer that? When blacks stop indulging in that chocolaty fantasy of "racism" and stop acting like stereotypes and use their noggins . Stop shifting the blame. Blacks are smart and are just as good as anyone else, its time the they realized that and stopped this stupid revenge cycle. Just get on with life, niggs. Get over it.

The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English- Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian- Americans, or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality than with the other citizens of the American Republic.”
“The men who do not become Americans and nothing else are hyphenated Americans; and there ought to be no room for them in this country. The man who calls himself an American citizen and who yet shows by his actions that he is primarily the citizen of a foreign land, plays a thoroughly mischievous part in the life of our body politic. He has no place here; and the sooner he returns to the land to which he feels his real heart-allegiance, the better it will be for every good American.”
Teddy Roosevelt was a wealthy-American who was part of the cultural elite. That was his culture
To deny others their culture is hypocritical

Teddy Roosevelt was a wealthy-American who was part of the cultural elite. That was his culture
Yeah. I could care less what TR said or thought. He was a racist with screwed up morals.

“I don't go so far as to think that the only good Indian is the dead Indian, but I believe nine out of every ten are, and I shouldn't like to inquire too closely into the case of the tenth. The most vicious cowboy has more moral principle than the average Indian.”
-- Theodore Roosevelt

Which doesn't change the fact that in this specific instance, he was right.

And Conquer".

Thank you for the statement. But what do you mean when you talk about the culture of America? 4th of July and Thanksgiving day or culture of the Natives? What is "the culture of America"?

And Conquer".

Thank you for the statement. But what do you mean when you talk about the culture of America? 4th of July and Thanksgiving day or culture of the Natives? What is "the culture of America"?

The culture of America is to accept everyone, equally. Regardless of race, creed, or sexual identity.

Forum List

Back