Why do we spend so much (that we don't have) on BOMBS and GUNS?

Cuyo

Training a Guineapig army
Feb 17, 2010
Denver, PA
Why do we spend so much on military? Theories?

We're #1, and we spend as much as numbers 2-15... Combined. Why? Is there anyone out there who actually believes we need to spend this much for traditional defense/safety reasons?

I've got my own theories but if it pleases the court I'd like to hear from ya'all first.

Why do we spend so much on military?
The Constitution states "...provide for the common defense". It's mandatory. The cost is dictated in most part by what threats we face today.

Health care is not in the Constitution by the way if that's what yer' getting at.

Why do we spend so much on military?
The Constitution states "...provide for the common defense". It's mandatory. The cost is dictated in most part by what threats we face today.

Health care is not in the Constitution by the way if that's what yer' getting at.

No, it's not where I'm heading at all, although I'd argue that general welfare permits HCR, albeit certainly doesn't mandate it.

Where I'm heading is that the extraneous military budget is based more upon economics than defense.

We're #1, and we spend as much as numbers 2-15... Combined. Why? Is there anyone out there who actually believes we need to spend this much for traditional defense/safety reasons?

I've got my own theories but if it pleases the court I'd like to hear from ya'all first.

1) Because national defense is arguably the primary job of the federal government.

2) WHY are we #1? Do you suppose it might have something to do with the fact that we DO spend as much as numbers 2-15?

The American Economy Depends on the Defense Industry.

As was noted the National defense is MANDATED by the Constitution. Something like 60 percent of our budget is social programs that are NOT mandated and are not even a function provided by the Constitution.

The way I see it, we spend money that we DO have on defense, and then on top of that, we spend a bunch more money that we DON'T have on other shit the federal government isn't supposed to be doing.

1) Because national defense is arguably the primary job of the federal government.

2) WHY are we #1? Do you suppose it might have something to do with the fact that we DO spend as much as numbers 2-15?

1.) Then the Feds are doing a shitty job: Millions of people enter the nation illegally, and a few fly planes int the pentagon.

2.) Why couldn't we be #1 and spend as much on defense as #2 + #3?

Id like to know why we dont use the ones we have.

The American Economy Depends on the Defense Industry.

Precisely... Now run with it...

Forum List

Back