Why do we only ever talk about the first black whatever?

I just explained what would be accomplished. Knowledge to counter act the ignorance.

What white people do or dont do is their problem. I'm talking about getting this information to all Black people and especially the children. If whites want to teach true history that will help them in the long run. I dont look to whites to recognize Black people Whats in it for them?
That's the responsibility of black parents, as with ALL parents, regardless of race. If there's something that needs to be told, let black parents tell their children. All parents teach their children, or suppose to anyway.
Black parents have to actually know about it in order to teach their children. You forget that knowledge was stripped from Blacks during slavery. This needs to be taught in schools. Its history. I could give two fucks about white history. I want to hear the history of people that look like me long before I hear about what people did in europe.
Obviously, you have no idea as to the opportunities afforded blacks over the years. Also, no one is keeping black parents from teaching their children. Blacks have the same opportunities as do any other race or nationality. Blacks have many sources for black history if they want to learn it.
I never said anyone was keeping Blacks from teaching their children. I said they have to know about it in order to teach it. Regardless I still say they need to teach it in schools. I'm not really concerned with your agreement on the issue. Just saying thats what I want to see and have worked for in my school district.
Good luck with your efforts. Obviously it means a lot to you. Why not start afternoon and evening classes on the subject? If it means that much to you, go for it.
No luck needed. Change has already been effected in some places. The kids in my school district have started learning more true history. There are plenty of teachers that are out teaching in the Black community.

That's the responsibility of black parents, as with ALL parents, regardless of race. If there's something that needs to be told, let black parents tell their children. All parents teach their children, or suppose to anyway.
Black parents have to actually know about it in order to teach their children. You forget that knowledge was stripped from Blacks during slavery. This needs to be taught in schools. Its history. I could give two fucks about white history. I want to hear the history of people that look like me long before I hear about what people did in europe.
Obviously, you have no idea as to the opportunities afforded blacks over the years. Also, no one is keeping black parents from teaching their children. Blacks have the same opportunities as do any other race or nationality. Blacks have many sources for black history if they want to learn it.
I never said anyone was keeping Blacks from teaching their children. I said they have to know about it in order to teach it. Regardless I still say they need to teach it in schools. I'm not really concerned with your agreement on the issue. Just saying thats what I want to see and have worked for in my school district.
Good luck with your efforts. Obviously it means a lot to you. Why not start afternoon and evening classes on the subject? If it means that much to you, go for it.
No luck needed. Change has already been effected in some places. The kids in my school district have started learning more true history. There are plenty of teachers that are out teaching in the Black community.
Great !!!! -- Keep up the good work.

Forum List

Back