Why do we only ever talk about the first black whatever?

Pedro de San Patricio

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2015
California
Everyone knows that W. E. B. Du Bois was the first black man to earn a doctorate from Harvard and Jackie Robinson was the first black Major League baseball player. Nobody talks about the thirteenth black Harvard PHD or the eighty seventh black Major League baseball player. I get that the "first" was a trailblazer or whatever, but is that any reason we shouldn't count those who followed in their footsteps? I say we keep a permanent count.

Everyone knows that W. E. B. Du Bois was the first black man to earn a doctorate from Harvard and Jackie Robinson was the first black Major League baseball player. Nobody talks about the thirteenth black Harvard PHD or the eighty seventh black Major League baseball player. I get that the "first" was a trailblazer or whatever, but is that any reason we shouldn't count those who followed in their footsteps? I say we keep a permanent count.
Actually Jackie Robinson wasnt the first Black MLB player.

Very weird, very butthurt OP.

First, it assumes that everyone talks about the first black this, that or the other.

Well, most don't care about the firsts for any race.

But it is my experience that racists just love to start conversations with weird shit like this.

Please do remember that the nice nurses at Sunny Dales Sanitorium, the ones with the huge tits and very loose fitting tops, will only feed you your jello if you BEHAVE.

Do you believe that we should do the same for the American Indian, the tens of thousands of settlers that came here and founded this country, the many white men that explored the west in the 1800's, and the many foreign laborers that laid the railroad tracks. What's special about the black people? Why should they be recognized any differently?

Do you believe that we should do the same for the American Indian, the tens of thousands of settlers that came here and founded this country, the many white men that explored the west in the 1800's, and the many foreign laborers that laid the railroad tracks. What's special about the black people? Why should they be recognized any differently?
I believe the truth should be told about all races. I think the point is that no other race faces the discrimination Blacks did and still do. That discrimination has its roots in the routine suppression of Black achievements. If you believe your history only begin as an enslaved person you are being manipulated. If all you think about a person is that they were enslaved you tend to look down on them.

I believe the truth should be told about all races. I think the point is that no other race faces the discrimination Blacks did and still do. That discrimination has its roots in the routine suppression of Black achievements. If you believe your history only begin as an enslaved person you are being manipulated. If all you think about a person is that they were enslaved you tend to look down on them.
I fail to see where listing names and dates, achievements, and degrees, is going to change anything. What would it accomplish? Are they not recognized on their own TV network ( BET )? Do they win Oscars? Are they constantly recognized in music? Do we have a black president? Do we have black senators and Congresspersons? Do we have black mayors? What are they not recognized for? How are they forgotten? Are their names written in our history? Did they fight in American wars? Do they not hold high military ranks? Are any of them school teachers, police officers, firemen, doctors, lawyers, scientists?

What else would you like white people to do for them? What exactly is your point? Are they really recognized any less because of the color of their skin? Are they recognized in sports? What color is Tiger Woods? What would please you in the way of recognizing black people?

Very weird, very butthurt OP.

First, it assumes that everyone talks about the first black this, that or the other.

Well, most don't care about the firsts for any race.

But it is my experience that racists just love to start conversations with weird shit like this.

Please do remember that the nice nurses at Sunny Dales Sanitorium, the ones with the huge tits and very loose fitting tops, will only feed you your jello if you BEHAVE.
So... The OP is racist? Lol. I have to admit, I'm coming to the conclusion that you're really not any that different than anyone else in the liberal Clownface Brigade.

I fail to see where listing names and dates, achievements, and degrees, is going to change anything. What would it accomplish? Are they not recognized on their own TV network ( BET )? Do they win Oscars? Are they constantly recognized in music? Do we have a black president? Do we have black senators and Congresspersons? Do we have black mayors? What are they not recognized for? How are they forgotten? Are their names written in our history? Did they fight in American wars? Do they not hold high military ranks? Are any of them school teachers, police officers, firemen, doctors, lawyers, scientists?

What else would you like white people to do for them? What exactly is your point? Are they really recognized any less because of the color of their skin? Are they recognized in sports? What color is Tiger Woods? What would please you in the way of recognizing black people?
I just explained what would be accomplished. Knowledge to counter act the ignorance.

What white people do or dont do is their problem. I'm talking about getting this information to all Black people and especially the children. If whites want to teach true history that will help them in the long run. I dont look to whites to recognize Black people Whats in it for them?

I just explained what would be accomplished. Knowledge to counter act the ignorance.

What white people do or dont do is their problem. I'm talking about getting this information to all Black people and especially the children. If whites want to teach true history that will help them in the long run. I dont look to whites to recognize Black people Whats in it for them?
That's the responsibility of black parents, as with ALL parents, regardless of race. If there's something that needs to be told, let black parents tell their children. All parents teach their children, or suppose to anyway.

That's the responsibility of black parents, as with ALL parents, regardless of race. If there's something that needs to be told, let black parents tell their children. All parents teach their children, or suppose to anyway.
Black parents have to actually know about it in order to teach their children. You forget that knowledge was stripped from Blacks during slavery. This needs to be taught in schools. Its history. I could give two fucks about white history. I want to hear the history of people that look like me long before I hear about what people did in europe.

Black parents have to actually know about it in order to teach their children. You forget that knowledge was stripped from Blacks during slavery. This needs to be taught in schools. Its history. I could give two fucks about white history. I want to hear the history of people that look like me long before I hear about what people did in europe.
Obviously, you have no idea as to the opportunities afforded blacks over the years. Also, no one is keeping black parents from teaching their children. Blacks have the same opportunities as do any other race or nationality. Blacks have many sources for black history if they want to learn it.

Obviously, you have no idea as to the opportunities afforded blacks over the years. Also, no one is keeping black parents from teaching their children. Blacks have the same opportunities as do any other race or nationality. Blacks have many sources for black history if they want to learn it.
I never said anyone was keeping Blacks from teaching their children. I said they have to know about it in order to teach it. Regardless I still say they need to teach it in schools. I'm not really concerned with your agreement on the issue. Just saying thats what I want to see and have worked for in my school district.

I never said anyone was keeping Blacks from teaching their children. I said they have to know about it in order to teach it. Regardless I still say they need to teach it in schools. I'm not really concerned with your agreement on the issue. Just saying thats what I want to see and have worked for in my school district.
Good luck with your efforts. Obviously it means a lot to you. Why not start afternoon and evening classes on the subject? If it means that much to you, go for it.

Forum List

Back