Why do we die?

Mindful

Diamond Member
Sep 5, 2014
Here, there, and everywhere.
Can genetics find a 'cure' for ageing and, therefore, dying, or will humans, like other organisms, always be at the mercy of nature?

Organisms grow old because nature doesn't need them any more. If the purpose of life is to procreate and replicate successfully - this is the logic of the so-called selfish gene theory - then it helps to stay healthy long enough to generate children and provide them with food. Immortality arrives with your offspring, and is only guaranteed when all your children also have children.

Why do we die Science The Guardian

Can genetics find a 'cure' for ageing and, therefore, dying, or will humans, like other organisms, always be at the mercy of nature?

Organisms grow old because nature doesn't need them any more. If the purpose of life is to procreate and replicate successfully - this is the logic of the so-called selfish gene theory - then it helps to stay healthy long enough to generate children and provide them with food. Immortality arrives with your offspring, and is only guaranteed when all your children also have children.

"Life is change...how it differs from the Rocks...."

• Banned

"Life is change...how it differs from the Rocks...."

How did you know I was here, Tyrone/Yad?

I live to annoy conservatives ....

And you've come here to do it?????

:blahblah:
among other places I could mention

Could you stay on topic?

Those other places not fulfilling your needs?

Why impose it here?
You asked "why do I live" , then "why do you come here". I responded to both queries...

Knock it off. I gave you the benefit of the doubt, and you abused my trust by misbehaving.

I shall have to ignore you from now on.

We are in a word of duality..Dark/Light, Day/Night , Life/Death is a paradigm.....Foreground Background ...death brings Gestalt....

captain_america_is_dead.jpg

Life is, by definition, finite. Trying to live forever is a futile mission for fools and atheists.

I always thought death was just God's way of telling you that you need to slow down.

Forum List

Back