Why do we die?

I want to be cremated when I die because that is thinking "outside the box"...plus I end up with a "smoking hot body" I have always claimed to posses..its validation...

I want to be cremated when I die because that is thinking "outside the box"...plus I end up with a "smoking hot body" I have always claimed to posses..its validation...

Like the idea of cremation but think a Hindu think it is practice of 'sky burial' makes more sense ecologically. Strip your body and put it out in nature somewhere it'll feed the animals. But being me, from California, drag me behiond a fishing boat or osmething to feed the fishies. :) All I ask is ya poke and prod me a good bit first to make sure I'm done using my body. :)

Being buried is something I dread thinking about. I mean I know I'm beyond caring and all, but decomposing and slowly falling apart seems grody to me. :)

Like the idea of cremation but think a Hindu think it is practice of 'sky burial' makes more sense ecologically. Strip your body and put it out in nature somewhere it'll feed the animals. But being me, from California, drag me behiond a fishing boat or osmething to feed the fishies. :) All I ask is ya poke and prod me a good bit first to make sure I'm done using my body. :)

Being buried is something I dread thinking about. I mean I know I'm beyond caring and all, but decomposing and slowly falling apart seems grody to me. :)
Its a grave matter alright...

Its a grave matter alright...

Oh pleeze. You're not in the Sewer now.

One could always be embalmed, like Lenin.

Or stuffed, like your deceased pet cat. Forever to recline on the living room sofa.

Or stuffed, like your deceased pet cat. Forever to recline on the living room sofa.

There's an idea. If we're ok stuffing pets and other animals, why not loved ones. :)

There is a Swiss process that will turn your mortal remains into a diamond....I don't know if I want baseball being played on my remains...

Swiss Company Turns Cremated Human Remains Into 'memorial Diamond"
ALGORDANZA COMPRESSES ASHES INTO WHAT THEY CALL "MEMORIAL DIAMONDS," LETTING PEOPLE LIVE SECOND LIVES AS PRECIOUS JEWELRY

There is a Swiss process that will turn your mortal remains into a diamond....I don't know if I want baseball being played on my remains...

ALGORDANZA COMPRESSES ASHES INTO WHAT THEY CALL "MEMORIAL DIAMONDS," LETTING PEOPLE LIVE SECOND LIVES AS PRECIOUS JEWELRY

I don't know if I'd want you round my neck.

I don't know if I'd want you round my neck.

call me Al , Al Batross...

Can genetics find a 'cure' for ageing and, therefore, dying, or will humans, like other organisms, always be at the mercy of nature?

Organisms grow old because nature doesn't need them any more. If the purpose of life is to procreate and replicate successfully - this is the logic of the so-called selfish gene theory - then it helps to stay healthy long enough to generate children and provide them with food. Immortality arrives with your offspring, and is only guaranteed when all your children also have children.

Why do we die Science The Guardian
Who wants to live forever???

My biggest fear of death is I'll miss out on all kinds of neat stuff. Interstellar travel, and alien contact perhaps if we don't develop that in the next 80 or so years (I'm 43 and an incurable optimist hehe.) But fearing death is something I think about often. It's why I take vitamins and look both ways before crossing a street. :) Of course, as I've never died before I'm not so much afraid of the process of dying, just hope I'm awake for it. Been hearing about it so long I'd hate to miss it. :)

My biggest fear of death is I'll miss out on all kinds of neat stuff. Interstellar travel, and alien contact perhaps if we don't develop that in the next 80 or so years (I'm 43 and an incurable optimist hehe.) But fearing death is something I think about often. It's why I take vitamins and look both ways before crossing a street. :) Of course, as I've never died before I'm not so much afraid of the process of dying, just hope I'm awake for it. Been hearing about it so long I'd hate to miss it. :)
My fear of death is that I will die without tying up the loose ends of my life...

I perceive myself as a singularity that developed in a vast field of energy super strings...its similar to a wave forming on the surface of the Ocean...sure it temporarily stands out, it has structure and an identity but soon enough the wave subsides back to source. People do not ordinarily perceive the connection to source that is always there and has to be there for one to exist. The doings of others and the concerns of everyday life obstruct connection to source as does greed and violence fear and despair...the Universe Field produced me starting with the Bib Bang...billions and billions of years ago as Carl Sagan would say...I call the Universe Field the Four sounds of G*d Tetragrammaton or Tetra ...sometimes I say its OSOTU...Operating System of the Universe...

My fear of death is that I will die without tying up the loose ends of my life...

I perceive myself as a singularity that developed in a vast field of energy super strings...its similar to a wave forming on the surface of the Ocean...sure it temporarily stands out, it has structure and an identity but soon enough the wave subsides back to source. People do not ordinarily perceive the connection to source that is always there and has to be there for one to exist. The doings of others and the concerns of everyday life obstruct connection to source as does greed and violence fear and despair...the Universe Field produced me starting with the Bib Bang...billions and billions of years ago as Carl Sagan would say...I call the Universe Field the Four sounds of G*d Tetragrammaton or Tetra ...sometimes I say its OSOTU...Operating System of the Universe...

Loose ends don't bother me. I'm dead, screw it, the ultimate excuse for having loose ends in the first place. :)

Loose ends don't bother me. I'm dead, screw it, the ultimate excuse for having loose ends in the first place. :)
You do not want Nurse Ratchet showing up...doing the "tighten up"

Forum List

Back