Why do the Left Wing Liberals Hate Corporations?

Yes, let's start with the one part of government that begot nearly all the government innovation all you lefties were just bragging about.

:eusa_whistle:
of course
they never talk about where the real waste is
Do you mean the waste and fraud in the US military/security complex?

The $1.1 trillion that the Pentagon, CIA and Homeland Security budgets will generate for rich shareholders of US defense contractors?

The source of a perpetual US budget deficit is driven by the military/security complex's desire for massive profits and isn't even on Republican OR Democratic tables for discussion.
no, i'm not saying there isnt waste in the military
but there is so much MORE waste in foolish programs

Here's a more elegant explanation of what I'm trying to say:

"Now the ruling oligarchies have struck again, this time through the federal budget. The U.S. government has a huge military/security budget. ...

"The Pentagon, CIA, and Homeland Security budgets account for the $1.1 trillion federal deficit that the Obama administration forecasts for fiscal year 2012.

"This massive deficit spending serves only one purpose--the enrichment of the private companies that serve the military/security complex.

"These companies, along with those on Wall Street, are who elect the U.S. government."

Agree with any of this?

A Tool for Class War

If I may;

anyone who really knows anything about mr. Kennedy knows that hes one of these faux intellectual dilettantes, exactly the kind that can do harm because his name, and name only, NOT expertise seems to carry weight , even in the face of his vividly dishonest assertions ala the Thimerosal issue in particular.

Why does it have to be about him personally and how you feel about his life and life-style?

Like any of the rest of us, either he had something to say on the subject that's worth the time it took to read or not. My humble opinion of RFKJr? The mans thoughts that were referenced in this thread made sense.

Corporations are subversive to democracy and civil society. F~cking duh!

"I hope we shall... crush in it’s birth the aristocracy of our monied corporations which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country."
-- Thomas Jefferson, letter to George Logan (Nov. 12, 1916)

"But besides the danger of a direct mixture of Religion & civil Government, there is an evil which ought to be guarded agst in the indefinite accumulation of property from the capacity of holding it in perpetuity by ecclesiastical corporations. The power of all corporations, ought to be limited in this respect. The growing wealth acquired by them never fails to be a source of abuses."
-- James Madison; from 'Detached Memoranda'

Last edited:
Hey, poor college students every where use TANG to make fake screw drivers with cheap vodka. Don't knock it if you haven't tried it.

Does General Mills even make Tang anymore? As for cheap Vodka, I've been a Ketel One guy for a while, but I found Sobieski... half the price and every bit as good.

I don't know. But Tang Screwdrivers with SPACE FOOD STICKS would be a perfect meal.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Funkyfoodshops-Space-Sampler-Astronaut-Sticks/dp/B000JUK4OS/ref=wl_mb_hu_m_T2_4_dp]Funkyfoodshop's Space Food Sampler with Astronaut Ice Cream and Space Food Sticks: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food[/ame]

The bundle even includes ASTRONAUT ICE CREAM!

And Tang is also available on Amazon! $23.41 for 2 - 72 ounce containers!

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Tang-Orange-Powdered-72-Ounce-Canister/dp/B002WWNLB4/ref=sr_1_1?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1298224784&sr=1-1]Tang Orange Powdered Drink Mix (Makes 22 Quarts), 72-Ounce Canister (Pack of 2): Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food[/ame]

thx b :lol:

anyway to the larger point;

lets suppose for a moment they did invent tang.....okay they paid a researcher somewhere to invent it.....so, the "government' invented it...how does it wind up in someones stomach? does the gov.market it? manufacture it? package it?...ship it supply chains? who then distribute it stores, who then sell it?

for god sakes....

If I may;

anyone who really knows anything about mr. Kennedy knows that hes one of these faux intellectual dilettantes, exactly the kind that can do harm because his name, and name only, NOT expertise seems to carry weight , even in the face of his vividly dishonest assertions ala the Thimerosal issue in particular.

Why does it have to be about him personally and how you feel about his life and life-style?

Like any of the rest of us, either he had something to say on the subject that's worth the time it took to read or not. My humble opinion of RFKJr? The mans thoughts that were referenced in this thread made sense.

What is amazing to me, is people like Trajan so arrogantly and mindlessly parrot the message of big corporations and big pharmaceutical corporations. And they do it without ANY conscience, moderation or ANY questioning. Because the messenger is an evil liberal named Kennedy, it CAN'T be true. BUT, IT IS...Mercury is being ingested into the American people at dangerous levels. WHERE is it coming from? The Thimerosal issue is not a hoax.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We know a lot about mercury we didn't know a few years ago. We know for example, that one out of every six, now one out of every three, American women has so much mercury in her womb that her children are at risk for a grim inventory of diseases: autism, blindness, mental retardation, heart, liver, kidney disease.

I have so much mercury in my body -- I had my level tested recently, and Waterkeeper will test your level, you can send them a hair sample -- my level is about double what the EPA considers safe. I was told by Dr. David Carpenter, who is the national authority on mercury contamination, that a woman with my levels of mercury in her blood would have children with impairment. I said to him, "You mean she might have," and he said, "No, the science is very certain today. Her children would have some kind of permanent brain damage." He estimated an IQ loss in those kids of about five to seven points.

Well, 630,000 children are born in America every year who have been exposed to dangerous levels of mercury in their mother's wombs. President Clinton, recognizing the gravity of this national health epidemic, reclassified mercury as a hazardous pollutant under the Clean Air Act. That triggered the requirement that all of those companies remove 90 percent of the mercury within three and a half years. It would have cost less than one percent of plant revenue -- a great deal for the American people. We have the technology. It exists. We already require it in states like Massachusetts.

But it still meant spending billions of dollars for that industry, and that's the industry that gave $100 million to President Bush. About 12 weeks ago, the Bush White House announced that it was abolishing the Clinton-era rules and substituting instead rules that were written by utility-industry lobbyists that will allow those companies to never have to clean up the mercury. The rules say on their face that they have to clean up only 70 percent within 15 years, which by itself is outrageous. But, in fact, the utility lawyers who wrote those rules wrote so many loopholes into them that the utilities will be able to challenge them, probably successfully and certainly forever, and they will never have to clean up any additional mercury.

We're living in a science-fiction nightmare today in the United States of America, where my children, and the children of millions of other Americans who have asthmatic kids, live in a world where the air is too poisonous for them to breathe. Where my children, and the children of most Americans, can no longer safely go fishing with their father and mother and come home and eat the fish -- because somebody gave money to a politician.
RFK Jr.

'Nice tooth' is a joke you obtuse moron. So please dissect Bobby's speech and tell me where is is wrong.

Obviously he cannot, or he would have, instead of attacking the messenger(s).

Just another case of wingnuts being able to dish out insults while being offended when they get one in return.

you've astounded me, you're a bigger idiot than I had thought you were...well done...:lol:
Hey, if you are going to fling the shit, don't get pissed if you get some on you.

As Sallow says, "It's just that simple".

Name one thing invented by Government that helped boost our GDP or created an industry and thus jobs.

The thing your typing on right now.

The internet (DARPA)

Web browsers (Mosaic - National Center for Super Computing Applications)

Nuclear power (Oppenheimer, Sandia National Laboratory)

Aerospace technology (NASA and U.S. Air Force)

Radar (Naval Research Laboratory)

and probably tens of thousands of advancements in medical technology, pharmaceuticals, energy, and scientific innovation invented with tax payer dollars at public universities and national laboratories.

If I may;

What is amazing to me, is people like Trajan so arrogantly and mindlessly parrot the message of big corporations and big pharmaceutical corporations. And they do it without ANY conscience, moderation or ANY questioning. Because the messenger is an evil liberal named Kennedy, it CAN'T be true. BUT, IT IS...Mercury is being ingested into the American people at dangerous levels. WHERE is it coming from? The Thimerosal issue is not a hoax.

dude, really. :lol:thx for all the heavy judgments, you have not the slightest idea how I feel, and you're not interested in finding out in any genuine sense, you're just into proselytizing smarmy emotionalism....and facts are stubborn things.

That rant below, is to be polite, garbage. This alike to the way you post, heavy on the judgmental pejoratives and appeals to emotion light on fact, sourced or backed up. It has no refercnes to scientific, medical orgs. etc. hes at the Sierra club how is this evidence of anything? For god sakes.

I don't think you want me to link and source, in fact I know you don't. Unless of course you really are completely so clueless that you would read his words and take them as gospel......

and it does not address or link to the magnum opus that Kennedy bloviated to death and spent no small amount of time on, until fools who expressed regret later, admitted they did so out of simple avoidance of possible bad publicity, withdrew Thimerosal from vaccines, to the point where a dependable left wing, heavy trafficked site had to correct his treatise on Thimerosal so many times they finally pulled it completely.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We know a lot about mercury we didn't know a few years ago. We know for example, that one out of every six, now one out of every three, American women has so much mercury in her womb that her children are at risk for a grim inventory of diseases: autism, blindness, mental retardation, heart, liver, kidney disease.

I have so much mercury in my body -- I had my level tested recently, and Waterkeeper will test your level, you can send them a hair sample -- my level is about double what the EPA considers safe. I was told by Dr. David Carpenter, who is the national authority on mercury contamination, that a woman with my levels of mercury in her blood would have children with impairment. I said to him, "You mean she might have," and he said, "No, the science is very certain today. Her children would have some kind of permanent brain damage." He estimated an IQ loss in those kids of about five to seven points.

Well, 630,000 children are born in America every year who have been exposed to dangerous levels of mercury in their mother's wombs. President Clinton, recognizing the gravity of this national health epidemic, reclassified mercury as a hazardous pollutant under the Clean Air Act. That triggered the requirement that all of those companies remove 90 percent of the mercury within three and a half years. It would have cost less than one percent of plant revenue -- a great deal for the American people. We have the technology. It exists. We already require it in states like Massachusetts.

But it still meant spending billions of dollars for that industry, and that's the industry that gave $100 million to President Bush. About 12 weeks ago, the Bush White House announced that it was abolishing the Clinton-era rules and substituting instead rules that were written by utility-industry lobbyists that will allow those companies to never have to clean up the mercury. The rules say on their face that they have to clean up only 70 percent within 15 years, which by itself is outrageous. But, in fact, the utility lawyers who wrote those rules wrote so many loopholes into them that the utilities will be able to challenge them, probably successfully and certainly forever, and they will never have to clean up any additional mercury.

We're living in a science-fiction nightmare today in the United States of America, where my children, and the children of millions of other Americans who have asthmatic kids, live in a world where the air is too poisonous for them to breathe. Where my children, and the children of most Americans, can no longer safely go fishing with their father and mother and come home and eat the fish -- because somebody gave money to a politician.
RFK Jr.

Last edited:
Name one thing invented by Government that helped boost our GDP or created an industry and thus jobs.

The thing your typing on right now.

The internet (DARPA)

Web browsers (Mosaic - National Center for Super Computing Applications)

Nuclear power (Oppenheimer, Sandia National Laboratory)

Aerospace technology (NASA and U.S. Air Force)

Radar (Naval Research Laboratory)

and probably tens of thousands of advancements in medical technology, pharmaceuticals, energy, and scientific innovation invented with tax payer dollars at public universities and national laboratories.

With Taxpayer Dollars via what?____________________

If I may;

because hes a loon and dangerous one like Rachel Carson etc. Hes a faux intellectual dilettante.

It all boils down to fair taxes. If you believe that the tax code is just fine the way it is and everyone seems to be paying their fair share for the infrastructure used to create the cash flow that they enjoy, then shout your conservative, status quo maintaining message from the roof tops.

If, on the other hand, you believe that the tax code is a complicated bitch that favors those who can afford lawyers and accountants and really favors those who have generous campaign contribution lists and taxes are not being collected fairly, you may be in favor of a change.

Hell, I'd like to see the tax code changed just because supporting a multi-billion dollar per year industry in this nation to do the fucking yearly paperwork it takes to work here makes us look really stupid to the other kids on the playground.

Remove the complexity. Remove all hints at national favoring one industry or business over another and this conversation is over.

The answer isn't higher taxes or lower taxes. The answer is fair taxes.

Please note that how those taxes are spent is the subject of a valid but different debate. Step one is to have 75% or more of Americans believing that they are taxed fairly.

And that's another huge lobbying group: accountants. If everyone could do their taxes simply, with no loopholes, that would cause massive unemployment of CPAs. Does anyone think that will happen? Who do the CPA lobbies give the most money to? I'll bet it's pretty equal, and a hefty amount.

Obviously he cannot, or he would have, instead of attacking the messenger(s).

Just another case of wingnuts being able to dish out insults while being offended when they get one in return.

you've astounded me, you're a bigger idiot than I had thought you were...well done...:lol:
Hey, if you are going to fling the shit, don't get pissed if you get some on you.

As Sallow says, "It's just that simple".

as long as its from you, neither you nor I get to speak for anyone else. have at it.

Actually, it is both. Lower and Fair taxes. And much much lower spending and entitlement reform.

Yes, and let's start with the military budget.

Yes, let's start with the one part of government that begot nearly all the government innovation all you lefties were just bragging about.

:eusa_whistle:
Troops sitting around Germany enjoying good beer does nothing for our security or our bottom line.

If I may;

because hes a loon and dangerous one like Rachel Carson etc. Hes a faux intellectual dilettante.

He's not the worse disposition of the faces that seem to garner political attention in this country, and like I said... either you have something worth reading emanating from your keyboard or not.

of course
they never talk about where the real waste is
Do you mean the waste and fraud in the US military/security complex?

The $1.1 trillion that the Pentagon, CIA and Homeland Security budgets will generate for rich shareholders of US defense contractors?

The source of a perpetual US budget deficit is driven by the military/security complex's desire for massive profits and isn't even on Republican OR Democratic tables for discussion.
no, i'm not saying there isnt waste in the military
but there is so much MORE waste in foolish programs

The military represents over 50% of the budget, so how can your statement be logical?

dude, really. :lol:thx for all the heavy judgments, you have not the slightest idea how I feel, and you're not interested in finding out in any genuine sense, you're just into proselytizing smarmy emotionalism....and facts are stubborn things.

That rant below, is to be polite, garbage. This alike to the way you post, heavy on the judgmental pejoratives and appeals to emotion light on fact, sourced or backed up. It has no refercnes to scientific, medical orgs. etc. hes at the Sierra club how is this evidence of anything? For god sakes.

I don't think you want me to link and source, in fact I know you don't. Unless of course you really are completely so clueless that you would read his words and take them as gospel......

and it does not address or link to the magnum opus that Kennedy bloviated to death and spent no small amount of time on, until fools who expressed regret later, admitted they did so out of simple avoidance of possible bad publicity, withdrew Thimerosal from vaccines, to the point where a dependable left wing, heavy trafficked site had to correct his treatise on Thimerosal so many times they finally pulled it completely.

RFK Jr.

WOW Trajan...for all your blovation, innuendo, accusations, trying to make it sound like Kennedy is so far off the reservation that even liberals were running away from him and chastising me for no links...you provide NONE.

The level of Mercury in the American people is at dangerous levels...WHERE is it coming from?

Have you ever heard of the Body Burden? It refers to the amount of toxic chemicals you have in your body. The Environmental Working Group did a study with the Centers for Disease Control and found that there are vast numbers of toxic chemicals in our bodies, and in the bodies of newborn babies, in mothers' milk, and so on.

Here's a report on Pollution in Newborns

EWG Report || BodyBurden 2 - The Pollution in Newborns

"There are no Republican children or Democratic children." The environment MUST be seen as the only truly bi-partisan issue. It is not just in the domain of the Democrats, but should be the concern of everyone. Why else would the Republicans call themselves Conservatives if they are not conserving our planet. RFK Jr.

Why?

Corporations are the greatest drivers of wealth creation in the history of mankind.

Corporations don't create wealth. People do. Most of us Librals have no problem with corporations being corporations. What we object to is Corporations that have exceeded the boundaries of their charters to do business and have been given rights that supercede us Biologicals.
At the basic level, we have no problems with Corporations. When corporate leaders abuse the power of their corporations to the detriment of the rest of society, that is when we get a little testy.

Forum List

Back