Why do the Left Wing Liberals Hate Corporations?

Becuase of their disproportinate influence on our govt thru lobbyists?

I do not hate corporations, Heck I owned a couple. I just think they have to much gotv influence and do not pay their fair share all the time.

And for the past few decades feel that they must continually increase their profit.
Quite often at the expense of US workers thru layoff, pay cuts or offshoring.

Last edited:
Why?

Corporations are the greatest drivers of wealth creation in the history of mankind.

because they are outside their control. And , I think they are envious that those that do, do and the others that don't don't, either they are part of those that don't, or part of that set of folks who think they know more, feel 'more' than anyone else and have in their bottomless pit of narcissism, the virtue to match.

Because they screw their employers without their permission. That's rape, right?

Oh puhleeeze. That's an insult to real rape victims.

I suppose you would rather we all just live like feudal subsistence farming serfs of the Great Collective.

I'll pass. I like living with modern technology, indoor plumbing, refrigeration and all that Corporate Stuff.

Name one thing invented by Government that helped boost our GDP or created an industry and thus jobs.

Umm the internet? Integrated cirsuits, super glue, Satellites, the list goes on and on.

Without govt funded research we would not have many things we now take for granted.

Last edited:
I think the modern corporation is becoming outdated except for regulated utilities. If you look around your house you are provided services by machinery that cost Louis XIV a fortune in servant salaries: flush toilets, showers, washing machines, dryers, vacuum cleaners and a long list of other appliances and conveniences. The US is still the world's leading manufacturer but that doesn't generate much in the way of jobs. Walmart, Target and McDonald's are the big employers in today's world but is anyone going to be surprised if they go bye-bye by 2020?

Name one thing invented by Government that helped boost our GDP or created an industry and thus jobs.

Umm the internet? Integrated cirsuits, super glue, Satellites, the list goes on and on.

Without govt funded research we would not have many things we now take for granted.
Quite true but virtually all of those advances and many more were less the result of grants than DARPA prize money. Government rewarded research is much more effective than government funded research.

Why?

Corporations are the greatest drivers of wealth creation in the history of mankind.

Corporations are not inherently evil, but they can be used as paperwork shields by less than scrupulous men to hide behind. And size does matter.

As a way to organize humans for a common endeavor, especially an ongoing economic one, they can be fantastic. When I worked for small and medium sized corporations stock was always an option and there was generally some monetary rewards for well done work, but I can see why working at some positions for Wal Mart might suck.

Corporations want fewer laws regarding clean air, clean water and safety.

We know as air and water quality decrease, birth defects increase.

We know as safety regulations are removed, more people are maimed.

So you could say, "Republicans support birth defects". And, "Republicans support injury".

We already know they want to phase out support and health care for poor children. Is there a "theme" here?

The left hates anything that ceases to exist if it can't compete. That's why they love government and unions so and idolize do-nothings like Obama and Biden.

Corporations want fewer laws regarding clean air, clean water and safety.

We know as air and water quality decrease, birth defects increase.

We know as safety regulations are removed, more people are maimed.

So you could say, "Republicans support birth defects". And, "Republicans support injury".

We already know they want to phase out support and health care for poor children. Is there a "theme" here?

Yeah, you're a fucking moron. But then you are rdean... king of all morons.

:eusa_drool:

It's thanks to NASA that we have many of the inventions we do today.

Curiosity "10 NASA Inventions You Might Use Every Day"

1.) Invisible Braces
2.) Scratch-resistant Lenses
3.) Ear Thermometers
4.) Shoe Insoles
5.) Long-distance Telecommunications

The ability to carry on long-distance telephone conversations did not happen overnight. It doesn't link back to one specific NASA invention -- improved telecommunication took place over decades of work.

Before humans were sent into space, NASA built satellites that could communicate with people on the ground about what outer space was like. Using similar satellite technology, around 200 communication satellites orbit the globe each day. These satellites send and receive messages that allow us to call our friends in Beijing when we're in Boston. NASA monitors the locations and health of many of these satellites to ensure that we can continue to talk to people around the corner or overseas.

I would think that would be considered important.

6.) Adjustable Smoke Detectors
7.) Safety Grooving
8.) Cordless Tools

When you're sucking up bits of dirt or crumbs around the house with a handheld cordless vacuum, you are actually using the same technology that astronauts used on the moon. Although Black & Decker had already invented the first battery-powered tools in 1961 [source: NASA], the NASA-related research helped refine the technology that led to lightweight, cordless medical instruments, hand-held vacuum cleaners and other tools.

In the mid-1960s, to prepare for the Apollo missions to the moon, NASA needed a tool that astronauts could use to obtain samples of rocks and soil. The drill had to be lightweight, compact and powerful enough to dig deep into the surface of the moon. Since rigging up a cord to a drill in outer space would be a difficult feat, NASA and Black & Decker invented a battery-powered, magnet-motor drill [source: NASA Science and Technology Information]. Working in the context of a limited space environment, Black & Decker developed a computer program for the tool that reduced the amount of power expended during use to maximize battery life.

After the NASA project, Black & Decker applied the same principles to make other lightweight, battery-powered tools for everyday consumers.

10.) Water Filters

50 years, 50 giant leaps: How Nasa rocked our world - Science, News - The Independent

Other things include: The Neon Light, discovery of sonar, and applications for the substance Telfon.

The list goes on.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back