Why do supporters of legalized abortion call themselves "pro-choice" instead of "pro-abortion"?

The use of this sort of euphemism suggests to me that abortion supporters themselves aren't entirely convinced of the merits of their position. If abortion isn't wrong, why don't they feel comfortable with the term "pro-abortion"?

I acknowledge that the same could be said of anti-abortion being called "pro-life". I personally find that term corny as well, and generally do not use it to refer to myself.
For the same reason they change the names of other things.

For example...

Homo - changed to "gay."

Illegal alien - changed to "undocumented immigrant."

Terrorism - changed to "work place violence."

Terrorist - changed to "extremist."

And so on... it's a play on words by progtards and commies to make bad people and bad things appear more innocent and palpable... to the stupid and easily mislead.

Protards call this name game, "political correctness."

Why do anti-abortionists call themselves "pro-life" when they are not? If they were more honest they would call themselves "pro-human-life". But then they would have to define what it means to be human and admit that science can not do that. That is only possible through religion.

Why do anti-abortionists call themselves "pro-life" when they are not? If they were more honest they would call themselves "pro-human-life". But then they would have to define what it means to be human and admit that science can not do that. That is only possible through religion.
They are Pro-Fetal-Life, not Pro-Life, obviously.

That's the games play on people. they wont use the word, abortion to push it on women

but notice if someone is pro-life, they call them ANTI-ABORTION

it's a sick thing

As long as libturds are pro-abortion I am fine with it. Less libturds.

The use of this sort of euphemism suggests to me that abortion supporters themselves aren't entirely convinced of the merits of their position. If abortion isn't wrong, why don't they feel comfortable with the term "pro-abortion"?

I acknowledge that the same could be said of anti-abortion being called "pro-life". I personally find that term corny as well, and generally do not use it to refer to myself.
For the same reason they change the names of other things.

For example...

Homo - changed to "gay."

Illegal alien - changed to "undocumented immigrant."

Terrorism - changed to "work place violence."

Terrorist - changed to "extremist."

And so on... it's a play on words by progtards and commies to make bad people and bad things appear more innocent and palpable... to the stupid and easily mislead.

Protards call this name game, "political correctness."
Look up Frank Luntz, the grand daddy of modern political wordsmithing. No one does it better. He made it a science and happens to be a conservative consultant and pollster.

That's the games play on people. they wont use the word, abortion to push it on women
but notice if someone is pro-life, they call them ANTI-ABORTION
it's a sick thing

Valid point. How would you describe someone who thinks of themselves as "pro-life" but is OK with allowing abortions in some circumstances (e.g, to save the life of the mother). Are they, like me and most pro-choice folk, pro-abortion in some cases. Can you be both?

Literally ripping a helpless human life form apart killing it via a barbaric procedure would cause most people to heave, so the left tries to sugar coat it with phrases like "pro-choice". The Nazi's did something similar.

Literally ripping a helpless human life form apart killing it via a barbaric procedure would cause most people to heave, so the left tries to sugar coat it with phrases like "pro-choice". The Nazi's did something similar.
This is why no one listens to you people, you can't be rational about what is sometimes necessary and honestly not that big a deal.

This is why no one listens to you people, you can't be rational about what is sometimes necessary and honestly not that big a deal.

Like I care? Listen you liberal idiots need us we don't need you.

Rationalization,otherwise its exposed for what it is.

Those who are pro-abortion like to pretend they have sensibilities which are offended with the admission the "choice" is to kill.

Is there anyone on this forum that believes ALL abortions, including those to save the life of the mother, should be banned?

Is there anyone on this forum that believes ALL abortions, right up to the moment of birth, should be allowed?

Unless you are in one of those two extreme camps you are both pro-life AND pro-abortion. Get over it.

It's deceptive and intentionally so. He who controls the language controls the society. People don't plan to get pregnant to abort the baby. The pregnancy is the natural result so it isn't a choice the woman makes, she doesn't decide that her body is to become pregnant. The choice has nothing to do with life, the choice is death. Pro-choice means pro-death to the baby and they do what they always do and obscure it with rhetoric and insult anyone unwilling to be so duped as anti-choice.

They call it a baby when they want it and a fetus when they don't so they don't have to think about it.

It's deceptive and intentionally so. He who controls the language controls the society. People don't plan to get pregnant to abort the baby. The pregnancy is the natural result so it isn't a choice the woman makes, she doesn't decide that her body is to become pregnant. The choice has nothing to do with life, the choice is death. Pro-choice means pro-death to the baby and they do what they always do and obscure it with rhetoric and insult anyone unwilling to be so duped as anti-choice.

They call it a baby when they want it and a fetus when they don't so they don't have to think about it.
Would you ban ALL abortions? Even to save the life of the mother or in cases of rape or if a fetus has a very serious abnormality?

Would you ban ALL abortions? Even to save the life of the mother or in cases of rape or if a fetus has a very serious abnormality?
I wouldn't personally ban any of them. I would like the republican democracy to play out in each state the way it's supposed to be.

You have that backwards, as usual.

You have that backwards, as usual.

Liberal idiots, idiot liberals its the same.

Forum List

Back