Why do some USMB Republicans say it's Democrats who don't believe in "evolution"?

from Rat dans le chapeau's link,.....

Another precedent posted on Usenet dates to 2001. Following the well-known schema of Arthur Clarke's Third law, Alan Morgan wrote:[5]
"Any sufficiently advanced parody is indistinguishable from a genuine kook."

If that's how you see it. We know for sure evolution is true. Faith is, well, "faith". Belief without evidence.
Yes. And you think faith and knowledge are mutually exclusive.

Idiot.

For the majority of history faith has sought to repress or deny knowledge in virtually every religion, Christianity included.
Yes, religious fundamentalists can be dangerous:

'Execute' Skeptics! Shock Call To Action: 'At what point do we jail or execute global warming deniers' -- 'Shouldn't we start punishing them now?' | Climate Depot

Why do some USMB Republicans say it's Democrats who don't believe in "evolution"?

Like who, exactly??

Yea, like I can go through the entire site to find names.
Then your entire premise is horseshit.

You know why?

Because you lie. All the time.

If you can't prove your claim, your claim is worthless.

Now run along back to the moonbat echo chambers. They immediately and unquestioningly believe horseshit like you post, because they're as stupid and gullible as you are.

That's the nature of statistical analysis. You don't need to ask every single person.

But you didn't answer the question. Considering that polls were taken every year since 1982, why is there no "outliers"?

In fact, you can do a search on any search engine using the phrase, "Republicans don't believe in evolution" and there are millions of search results covering decades and not a single one even suggests that the majority of Republicans accept the science of evolution. In fact, your position seems to be one of "faith". Curious.

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclie...152efbdc21ccdf5&biw=1742&bih=882&pf=p&pdl=500

Of course you don't ask every person. But shouldn't you ask at least 20%? or 10%? or at least 6%?

Basing a conclusion on 0.00000339667% of the population is not only wrong, it's downright ludicrous.

So you are saying that no matter what evidence is presented, you don't believe it? And what you do believe is a "gut feeling"? That's "faith".
You mean like this?

Why do some USMB Republicans say it's Democrats who don't believe in "evolution"?​

You have no proof. You're taking it on faith.

Of course you don't ask every person. But shouldn't you ask at least 20%? or 10%? or at least 6%?

Basing a conclusion on 0.00000339667% of the population is not only wrong, it's downright ludicrous.

So you are saying that no matter what evidence is presented, you don't believe it? And what you do believe is a "gut feeling"? That's "faith".

No, I don't see it as a gut feeling. I see it as taking an extremely narrow slice of a population, and ascribing it to the population as a whole.

Put it this way. I just took a poll, and 0.00004% of the posters on USMB think you really don't believe what you post, but are pulling off an elaborate Poe on us.

Poe's law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The polling method was that i asked only myself, on a board of just over 25,000 members.

So, based on my poll, you are a Poe. So can I make a thread that says based on my poll, ALL Chicago Democrats are Poes?

I still don't understand what evidence you have that more than a small amount of Republicans believe in the science of evolution. Since when did denial become evidence?

If you believe in the current views of science as a religious obligation,

What does that mean exactly? That science is a "faith"?

They way you treat it is as if it is a religious duty you impose on yourself, much to the dismay of your 'church'. You seem to have no comprehension of what it means, how it works, or even the theories correct operation. You merely repeat mantras in the expectation that they will make you feel better. Much as a nun mutters
"Pater noster, qui es in caelis:
sanctificetur Nomen Tuum;
adveniat Regnum Tuum;
fiat voluntas Tua,
sicut in caelo, et in terra.
Panem nostrum cotidianum da nobis hodie;
et dimitte nobis debita nostra,
sicut et nos dimittimus debitoribus nostris;
et ne nos inducas in tentationem;
sed libera nos a Malo."

you mutter your glories to science with less knowledge of the meaning than you have of the latin.

For those of us who don't labor in the fields of genetics or whatever belief in one theory means as much as belief in another. In America you are entitled to believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster if you wish, it makes no difference.

As a matter of discussion in the market of ideas, if you want to show that you understand something, you need to show that you can do more than just shout your approval for one side or the other.

I don't care what side you support unless you can explain why you support it and why you think it is true. Supporting one side or the other in a debate just because all the cool kids like the blue team or whatever is meaningless.

You don't even seem to be able to bring the slightest bit of evidence in your ideas to the table. One can argue Evolution to be true because of similarities in various animals, or one can argue that Genesis is a crock because there are fossil seashells on the tops of mountains in various places. You lack the understanding to even argue that.

If you were to argue withe Carl Sagan or Charles Darwin in your hearing that the reason you support Evolution is because either one of them said so, both of you would probably hit you upside the head for stupidity.

The folks who go to church and the preacher man says Genesis says this and that you have to believe, has just as much authority as you when you say Carl Sagan says that, and you have to believe. You have no right to laugh at them, as your proof is equal.

Don't attack me. I'm simply pointing out the FACT that the vast majority of Republicans believe science is a "faith" and evolution a "lie".

So what is that important? Because it gives crazies, such as Rick Santorum, they OK to trash education. Why bother with college if what they teach is "dumb" and "against God" and "has no value". The attack on science supports these positions.

From Gallup:

pr070611ii.gif

We just need to make that clear. The majority of Republicans do not believe in evolution.

Evolution is not a science that stands by itself.

It's a "scientific theory" that is backed up by:

Geology
Plate Tectonics
Astronomy
Genetics
Paleontology
and many other fields of science

Evolution Science Teaching Products - NSTA Evolution Resources

And still, right wingers on this board question "evolution". I don't get it. I seriously don't.

Why do you care?

what's so damn important about it?

They way you treat it is as if it is a religious duty you impose on yourself, much to the dismay of your 'church'. You seem to have no comprehension of what it means, how it works, or even the theories correct operation. You merely repeat mantras in the expectation that they will make you feel better. Much as a nun mutters
adveniat Regnum Tuum;
fiat voluntas Tua,
sed libera nos a Malo."

you mutter your glories to science with less knowledge of the meaning than you have of the latin.

For those of us who don't labor in the fields of genetics or whatever belief in one theory means as much as belief in another. In America you are entitled to believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster if you wish, it makes no difference.

As a matter of discussion in the market of ideas, if you want to show that you understand something, you need to show that you can do more than just shout your approval for one side or the other.

I don't care what side you support unless you can explain why you support it and why you think it is true. Supporting one side or the other in a debate just because all the cool kids like the blue team or whatever is meaningless.

You don't even seem to be able to bring the slightest bit of evidence in your ideas to the table. One can argue Evolution to be true because of similarities in various animals, or one can argue that Genesis is a crock because there are fossil seashells on the tops of mountains in various places. You lack the understanding to even argue that.

If you were to argue withe Carl Sagan or Charles Darwin in your hearing that the reason you support Evolution is because either one of them said so, both of you would probably hit you upside the head for stupidity.

The folks who go to church and the preacher man says Genesis says this and that you have to believe, has just as much authority as you when you say Carl Sagan says that, and you have to believe. You have no right to laugh at them, as your proof is equal.

Don't attack me. I'm simply pointing out the FACT that the vast majority of Republicans believe science is a "faith" and evolution a "lie".

So what is that important? Because it gives crazies, such as Rick Santorum, they OK to trash education. Why bother with college if what they teach is "dumb" and "against God" and "has no value". The attack on science supports these positions.
Where's that data that the vast majority of Republicans believe science is faith.

If you think the data you posted indicates that, then that makes this thread more interesting.

adveniat Regnum Tuum;
fiat voluntas Tua,
sed libera nos a Malo."

Where's that data that the vast majority of Republicans believe science is faith.

If you think the data you posted indicates that, then that makes this thread more interesting.

I did post links to data. Where's yours? Come on. Put up or shut up.

Now, tell me, don't you personally believe in "magical creation". The "truth" now.

adveniat Regnum Tuum;
fiat voluntas Tua,
sed libera nos a Malo."

1,019 people polled out of 300 million citizens is a vast majority?? :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

I've got to hand it to you, deanie. Whenever I need a good laugh, you deliver. :thup:

I did post links to data. Where's yours? Come on. Put up or shut up.

Now, tell me, don't you personally believe in "magical creation". The "truth" now.
So you DO think the data you posted translates to meaning a vast majority of Republicans think science is a faith and evolution is a lie.

It doesn't.

Dayum, the stupid is thick in you.

What I personally believe is irrelevant. Totally. And, in a twisted way, I hope you keep pursuing that line as well.

adveniat Regnum Tuum;
fiat voluntas Tua,
sed libera nos a Malo."

LOL. You and the rest of the 'Conservatives' are constantly refering to AGW as 'faith', in spite of the fact that virtually all of the Scientific Societies, all of the National Academies of Science, and all the major Universities in the world state that AGW is a fact and a clear and present danger.

From your second link...

Survey Methods

Damn, I missed by a whopping 19 people. :lol:

So 1,019 respondents out of a population of over 300,000,000 people forms the basis of their claims? :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

In fact, look at the chart. Polls taken every year since 1982 and in every single poll not a single statistical "outlier".

Statistical Outliers | Experiment-Resources.com | A website about the Scientific Method, Research and Experiments

Curious to say the least. Wouldn't you agree?

I'm curious as to how someone can make a broad brush claim about how people think about evolution based on a poll of 3.396667e-6 of the population.

Sounds like someone justifying an predetermined agenda to me.

Sounds like someone doesn't understand statistics and polling methods.

LOL. You and the rest of the 'Conservatives' are constantly refering to AGW as 'faith', in spite of the fact that virtually all of the Scientific Societies, all of the National Academies of Science, and all the major Universities in the world state that AGW is a fact and a clear and present danger.
Yup. That is exactly what I say because faith is a set of beliefs and beliefs are thoughts held without foundation.

Telling me others believe the same way is a bandwagon fallacy.

So, you are half right, Rocks. :thup:

From Gallup:

pr070611ii.gif

We just need to make that clear. The majority of Republicans do not believe in evolution.

Geology
Plate Tectonics
Astronomy
Genetics
Paleontology

And still, right wingers on this board question "evolution". I don't get it. I seriously don't.

10 % separate the Dem ad Rep in regards to believing or not believing in evolution. That's statistically insignificant.

I thought you said you were educated?

:lol:

From Gallup:

pr070611ii.gif

Geology
Plate Tectonics
Astronomy
Genetics
Paleontology

10 % separate the Dem ad Rep in regards to believing or not believing in evolution. That's statistically insignificant.

I thought you said you were educated?

:lol:

Nearly 70% of Republicans believe in magical creation.

40% of Democrats believe in magical creation.

Not sure where you got your 10 from.

The truth is, Democrats are a diverse party. There are blacks, browns, gay, straight, conservative, liberal, educated and uneducated in the democratic Party. There are also college professors and scientists.

Republicans are 90% white. I suspect many that say they believe in evolution, only say it because they think it makes them to stupid to say they believe in "magical creation".

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/210571-santorum-2002-on-intelligent-design.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/scien...cience-and-a-post-modern-view-of-science.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/educa...ate-passes-creationism-measure-hilarious.html

And these right wingers scream at me when I point out their party's hatred of science.

Loved the way Santorum went after "smart" people in his speech. It was really quite funny.

Contrary to what you think, Rtard, science and religion can co-exist.
I survive every day just fine

Forum List

Back