Why do some USMB Republicans say it's Democrats who don't believe in "evolution"?

R

rdean

From Gallup:

pr070611ii.gif

We just need to make that clear. The majority of Republicans do not believe in evolution.

Evolution is not a science that stands by itself.

It's a "scientific theory" that is backed up by:

Geology
Plate Tectonics
Astronomy
Genetics
Paleontology
and many other fields of science

Evolution Science Teaching Products - NSTA Evolution Resources

And still, right wingers on this board question "evolution". I don't get it. I seriously don't.

So, faith and knowledge are mutually exclusive, eh?

Derp, derp,derp, derp.........

If that's how you see it. We know for sure evolution is true. Faith is, well, "faith". Belief without evidence.

Denie knows he is intellectually outclassed by most of the board, Because of that he has an enormous need to prove that he is actually one of the superior beings here. He thinks by associating himself with the smart ones in one regard, he becomes an intellectually superior being in all regards. Which just shows off how spectacularly stupid the man is anyway.

If you believe in the current views of science as a religious obligation, that really does not make you any intellectually superior to the dolt who worships an idol in the forest. Science is moved forward by questions, not regurgitated answers.

HUMIL.jpeg

From Gallup:

pr070611ii.gif

We just need to make that clear. The majority of Republicans do not believe in evolution.

Geology
Plate Tectonics
Astronomy
Genetics
Paleontology

And still, right wingers on this board question "evolution". I don't get it. I seriously don't.

1. I agree that it's more likely that Republicans believe in creationism and not the Democrats. I can't recall anyone who says or said otherwise.

2. You chart is most likely wrong. While the majority of people who believe in creationism are most likely GOP, I am more than positive that it isn't the majority of the GOP that does.

3. I am a registered Republican and i believe in evolution.

Last edited:
From Gallup:

pr070611ii.gif

Geology
Plate Tectonics
Astronomy
Genetics
Paleontology

1. I agree that it's more likely that Republicans believe in creationism and not the Democrats. I can't recall anyone who says or said otherwise.

2. You chart is most likely wrong. While the majority of people who believe in creationism are most likely GOP, I am more than positive that it isn't the majority of the GOP that does.

I'm curious. Why would you think that? And look at what Republicans on this site say. Would they agree with you?
And if you can find a poll that says otherwise, please post it.

From Gallup:

pr070611ii.gif

Geology
Plate Tectonics
Astronomy
Genetics
Paleontology

I'm curious. Why would you think that? And look at what Republicans on this site say. Would they agree with you?
And if you can find a poll that says otherwise, please post it.

Speaking of evolution, whose ass did you come out of

One of the interesting points of what I have seen of Rdean's discussion of evolution is his rather tenuous grasp of the theory. If challenged to write 200 words on his understanding of the the topic he would be hard pressed to do so, and would probably get it fundamentally wrong, as he seems to be a believer in Lamarkian inheritance of acquired characteristics rather than the current Darwinian view of evolution by mutation and selection.

One of the interesting points of what I have seen of Rdean's discussion of evolution is his rather tenuous grasp of the theory. If challenged to write 200 words on his understanding of the the topic he would be hard pressed to do so, and would probably get it fundamentally wrong, as he seems to be a believer in Lamarkian inheritance of acquired characteristics rather than the current Darwinian view of evolution by mutation and selection.

Wow, you're so smart. You know more about evolution than scientists. You must "teach". At what "Sunday School"?

Wow, you're so smart. You know more about evolution than scientists. You must "teach". At what "Sunday School"?

I don't now more than scientists, but I do know more than internet poseurs.

And it does seem to be the case that you are as clueless over what is involved in what you consider the basic test of scientific knowledge as one of SB's newly hatched ducklings.

From Gallup:

pr070611ii.gif

Geology
Plate Tectonics
Astronomy
Genetics
Paleontology

First, why did you post a chart from 2007, and try to imply that it reflects current opinion?

Second, where is your link to the source of that chart, so we can look at the polling data? It's not in the link you provided. I bet you didn't post one because it would show they asked less than 1,000 people, just like your stupid 6% poll.

From Gallup:

pr070611ii.gif

Geology
Plate Tectonics
Astronomy
Genetics
Paleontology

First, why did you post a chart from 2007, and try to imply that it reflects current opinion?

Second, where is your link to the source of that chart, so we can look at the polling data? It's not in the link you provided. I bet you didn't post one because it would show they asked less than 1,000 people, just like your stupid 6% poll.

Majority of Republicans Doubt Theory of Evolution

I'm curious. Why would you think more today would believe in the science of evolution than just a few years ago?

Drop down to the dates listed from 1982 to 2007. See how it's barely changed? Why would the last couple of years make a difference? Short answer ---> it wouldn't.

egqoo3sa4ksftdt5itigsg.gif

Four in 10 Americans Believe in Strict Creationism

Drop down into the article. Only 8% of Republicans believe that no "supernatural" agent was involved.

So, faith and knowledge are mutually exclusive, eh?

Derp, derp,derp, derp.........

If that's how you see it. We know for sure evolution is true. Faith is, well, "faith". Belief without evidence.
Yes. And you think faith and knowledge are mutually exclusive.

Idiot.

For the majority of history faith has sought to repress or deny knowledge in virtually every religion, Christianity included.

Denie knows he is intellectually outclassed by most of the board, Because of that he has an enormous need to prove that he is actually one of the superior beings here. He thinks by associating himself with the smart ones in one regard, he becomes an intellectually superior being in all regards. Which just shows off how spectacularly stupid the man is anyway.

If you believe in the current views of science as a religious obligation, that really does not make you any intellectually superior to the dolt who worships an idol in the forest. Science is moved forward by questions, not regurgitated answers.

HUMIL.jpeg

If you believe in the current views of science as a religious obligation,

What does that mean exactly? That science is a "faith"?

From Gallup:

pr070611ii.gif

Geology
Plate Tectonics
Astronomy
Genetics
Paleontology

I am a registered Democrat, and I do not believe in evolution. I accept that the evidence for evolution at present is beyond a reasonable doubt.

From Gallup:

pr070611ii.gif

Geology
Plate Tectonics
Astronomy
Genetics
Paleontology

Majority of Republicans Doubt Theory of Evolution

I'm curious. Why would you think more today would believe in the science of evolution than just a few years ago?

Drop down to the dates listed from 1982 to 2007. See how it's barely changed? Why would the last couple of years make a difference? Short answer ---> it wouldn't.

egqoo3sa4ksftdt5itigsg.gif

Four in 10 Americans Believe in Strict Creationism

Drop down into the article. Only 8% of Republicans believe that no "supernatural" agent was involved.

From your second link...

Survey Methods

Results for this Gallup poll are based on telephone interviews conducted Dec. 10-12, 2010, with a random sample of 1,019 adults, aged 18 and older, living in the continental U.S., selected using random-digit-dial sampling.

Damn, I missed by a whopping 19 people. :lol:

So 1,019 respondents out of a population of over 300,000,000 people forms the basis of their claims? :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back