Why do some conservatives admire atheist/Satanist Ayn Rand?

Then your memory is failing or you are lying, maybe both?

You have the right to help your neighbor who is in trouble, yes, if he is in danger from violence.

If not, you can initiate support in court.

Ayn Rand was actually not a conservative, she may have supported classical liberal government, but (unlike the Founding Fathers) her philosophy was actually socially and morally far-left and anarchist much like Nietzsche and Marquis de Sade, in fact the LaVeyan Satanist church was partly inspired by her.

So I consider her primarily an icon of the far-left, counter culture movement which promoted individualism and moral degeneracy as things to aspire to, and has definitely influenced radical movements such as transgender and pedophilia acceptance today.
It doesn't matter what you label her. She was a pretentious, arrogant windbag.

You have the right to help your neighbor who is in trouble, yes, if he is in danger from violence.

I assume you are addressing me. Nor do I recall refusing to defend my political philosophy.

My position is that I don't support the initiation of force against peaceful people. I'm not sure why you say I'm unable to defend this ethical stance.

Her beliefs were in fact immorally and socially far right.
She was an anarchist, that's about as far left as it gets according to the post-French Revolution definition of left versus right. She believed in extreme individualism and "being whoever you want to be", much like the extremist in the French Revolution, and their heirs which include transgender and pedophile advocates.

Something which would have rightfully been treasonous in any conservative culture of the day and age.

"Individualism" is actually left-wing despite it being associated with the modern right; the Founders believed in individual freedom from excessive govt control, but not extreme individualism as a life philosophy. (Radical pro-abortionists for example essentially use an argument similar to her individualist philosophy to justify murdering children).

So I stand by my claim that she is socially radical left, other than her desire for small govt she has nothing in common with the Founders or conservative values.
If you view "individualism" as a modern-day, left-wing construct, you really have not been paying much attention.
As far as Ayn Rand's appeal to conservatives, I personally appreciate her championing personal responsibility and the idea that ones earns what one has and she eschews the "takers" in society. Rand promotes the producers in favor of the social leeches who "feel" entitled to whatever they think they should have, their social and economic "equality", regardless of whether they have earned it, or not.

She was an anarchist, that's about as far left as it gets according to the post-French Revolution definition of left versus right. She believed n complete individualism and "being whoever you want to be", much like the French Revolutionaries, and their heirs which include transgender and pedophile advocates.

Something which would have rightfully been treasonous in any conservative culture of the day and age.

"Individualism" is actually left-wing despite it being associated with the modern right; the Founders believed in individual freedom from excessive govt control, but not extreme individualism as a life philosophy.

So I stand by my claim that she is socially radical left, other than her desire for small govt she has nothing in common with the Founders or conservative values.
You better read anarchism and libertarianism, friend. You are mixing some terminology and definitions.
I'm referring to left and right by the classical defintions used during the French Revolution.

The founders for example wanted small federal govt, but didn't believe in radical individualism as a way to life, they believed in inherent rights and obligations.

Ayn Rand believed that the person should just "be whatever they want to be, do whatever they want" and that there was no moral truth beyond what "feels good", so socially she was a far leftist - she just supported fiscal conservatism because she thought it was consistent with her views (unlike modern progressives who support big government when they believe it will even out and inequal wealth or status quo).
But she most adamantly maintained that one should be, or do, what they wanted using their own means of production and the fruits thereof...a pretty conservative idea. Modern leftists promote being and doing whatever one desires, but damn the resources for doing so. Usually the economic resources come from a government that has extorted them from those who do generate said resources from their own efforts and ideas.

She was an anarchist, that's about as far left as it gets according to the post-French Revolution definition of left versus right. She believed n complete individualism and "being whoever you want to be", much like the French Revolutionaries, and their heirs which include transgender and pedophile advocates.

"Individualism" is actually left-wing despite it being associated with the modern right; the Founders believed in individual freedom from excessive govt control, but not extreme individualism as a life philosophy.

You better read anarchism and libertarianism, friend. You are mixing some terminology and definitions.
I'm referring to left and right by the classical defintions used during the French Revolution.

The founders for example wanted small federal govt, but didn't believe in radical individualism as a way to life, they believed in inherent rights and obligations.

Ayn Rand believed that the person should just "be whatever they want to be, do whatever they want" and that there was no moral truth beyond what "feels good", so socially she was a far leftist - she just supported fiscal conservatism because she thought it was consistent with her views (unlike modern progressives who support big government when they believe it will even out and inequal wealth or status quo).
But she most adamantly maintained that one should be, or do, what they wanted using their own means of production and the fruits thereof...a pretty conservative idea. Modern leftists promote being and doing whatever one desires, but damn the resources for doing so. Usually the economic resources come from a government that has extorted them from those who do generate said resources from their own efforts and ideas.
She didn't come up with any notion that the Founders didn't already, so I consider her a complete persona non grata

I assume you are addressing me. Nor do I recall refusing to defend my political philosophy.

My position is that I don't support the initiation of force against peaceful people. I'm not sure why you say I'm unable to defend this ethical stance.
Because you don't understand or accept the Constitution of We the People, and the Congress and the courts that make it work for us, perhaps?

If you are peaceable protester of laws, fine and good on you, but that does not excuse you from the force of the law in making sure its provisions are followed.

She didn't come up with any notion that the Founders didn't already, so I consider her a complete persona non grata
Good for you, then, but who else cares?

Ayn Rand was actually not a conservative, she may have supported classical liberal government, but (unlike the Founding Fathers) her philosophy was actually socially and morally far-left and anarchist much like Nietzsche and Marquis de Sade, in fact the LaVeyan Satanist church was partly inspired by her.

So I consider her primarily an icon of the far-left, counter culture movement which promoted individualism and moral degeneracy as things to aspire to, and has definitely influenced radical movements such as transgender and pedophilia acceptance today.
Ayn Rand was definitely not a leftwinger, and she would have nothing to do with acceptance of pedophilia or transgenders.

You obviously don't know jack about Rand.

Not all politically socially and fiscally conservative people are Christians in fact some are atheists

I'm an atheist, and the left wingers in here think I'm the anti-Christ.

Not all politically socially and fiscally conservative people are Christians in fact some are atheists

No, you are just confused.

Objective Realism is Libertarian...Far Right.
Radical libertarians are socially far leftist.

I don't consider people who are fiscal libertarians but socially left wing to be real conservatives myself. In order for society to work I believe there has to be a transcendent moral order; individualism as a philosophy therefore benefits the left on the whole more than the right.

Then they're not traditionalist conservative, just fiscally conservative.

Who ever claimed libertarians were "traditionalist conservative?" There's a reason we have different terms for them. They're different.

No, you are just confused.

You're a senile douche bag, Fakey.

Again, you don't have a clue what Rand believed, and what the Founders believed is called "radical individualism" today.

You miserable piece of shit.

She supported radical uncompromising individual liberty, Capitalism and free enterprise.
Individual liberty from the federal government is different than advocating individualism on a personal level.

Individual personal liberty is just a way to legitimize degeneracy. Ayn Rand was essentially just a Satanist who wanted the government to give her the "freedom" to murder babies and be a whore.

How do the fuck did she support CLASSICAL LIBERALISM while SIMULTANEOUSLY being a far left anarchist?
She was just a radical social leftist who supported small government, her worldview was identical to those of far leftists and feminists, she just didn't believe the govt should give her a hand in it which is in someways a step up from progressives who want their lives subsidized, but not much.

Suck my rod you stupid fucktard.

Hehehe

Got you.

A miserable , theocratic piece of shit.

A scumbag who argues that we must surrender our freedom to mysticism.
Freedom from the federal government and freedom be a degenerate aren't the same thing. Radical freedom is the philosophy of serial killers and pedophiles, and it leads to totalitarianism when society becomes to weak and depraved to govern itself.

The Founders simply didn't want a big government micromanaging people's lives, they didn't want "freedom" to be idolized as some desirable end in and of itself. But I believe they know that virtue was a higher individual aspiration than "freedom".

In some ways even theocratic countries are more socially stable and functional than ones which become too morally anarchic, which seems to be the case in the West today as the far-left have ventured into promoting parent's "rights" to mutilate their genitals and "non violent pedophiles" rights to be socially accepted.
Ayn Rand was not a libertine, as you believe.

Again, you don't know jack about her. You should shut up before you embarrass yourself further.

I kind of notice that she does have the same tone of militancy towards christianity as obamunist have but she truly did believe in the capitalist economics for a variety of reasons.

Forum List

Back