Why do some conservatives admire atheist/Satanist Ayn Rand?

IndependantAce

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2014
Ayn Rand was actually not a conservative, she may have supported classical liberal government, but (unlike the Founding Fathers) her philosophy was actually socially and morally far-left and anarchist much like Nietzsche and Marquis de Sade, in fact the LaVeyan Satanist church was partly inspired by her.

So I consider her primarily an icon of the far-left, counter culture movement which promoted individualism and moral degeneracy as things to aspire to, and has definitely influenced radical movements such as transgender and pedophilia acceptance today.

Her beliefs were in fact immorally and socially far right.

Ask Paul Ryan.

She was an anarchist, that's about as far left as it gets according to the post-French Revolution definition of left versus right. She believed in extreme individualism and "being whoever you want to be", much like the extremist in the French Revolution, and their heirs which include transgender and pedophile advocates.

Something which would have rightfully been treasonous in any conservative culture of the day and age.

"Individualism" is actually left-wing despite it being associated with the modern right; the Founders believed in individual freedom from excessive govt control, but not extreme individualism as a life philosophy. (Radical pro-abortionists for example essentially use an argument similar to her individualist philosophy to justify murdering children).

So I stand by my claim that she is socially radical left, other than her desire for small govt she has nothing in common with the Founders or conservative values.

Last edited:
Ayn Rand was actually not a conservative, she may have supported classical liberal government, but (unlike the Founding Fathers) her philosophy was actually socially and morally far-left and anarchist much like Nietzsche and Marquis de Sade, in fact the LaVeyan Satanist church was partly inspired by her.

So I consider her primarily an icon of the far-left, counter culture movement which promoted individualism and moral degeneracy as things to aspire to, and has definitely influenced radical movements such as transgender and pedophilia acceptance today.
Not all politically socially and fiscally conservative people are Christians in fact some are atheists

Paul Ryan and Alan Greenspan adore her. Both conservatives

Rsm7R6h.jpg

She was an anarchist, that's about as far left as it gets according to the post-French Revolution definition of left versus right. She believed n complete individualism and "being whoever you want to be", much like the French Revolutionaries, and their heirs which include transgender and pedophile advocates.

Something which would have rightfully been treasonous in any conservative culture of the day and age.

"Individualism" is actually left-wing despite it being associated with the modern right; the Founders believed in individual freedom from excessive govt control, but not extreme individualism as a life philosophy.

So I stand by my claim that she is socially radical left, other than her desire for small govt she has nothing in common with the Founders or conservative values.
You better read up on anarchism and libertarianism, friend. You are mixing some terminology and definitions.

Last edited:
Objective Realism is Libertarian...Far Right.
Radical libertarians are socially far leftist.

I don't consider people who are fiscal libertarians but socially left wing to be real conservatives myself. In order for society to work I believe there has to be a transcendent moral order; individualism as a philosophy therefore benefits the left on the whole more than the right.

Not all politically socially and fiscally conservative people are Christians in fact some are atheists
Then they're not traditionalist conservative, just fiscally conservative.

They turned a couple of her books into movies.

Never read the books, but I enjoyed the movies.

I don't consider people who are fiscal libertarians but socially left wing to be real conservatives myself. In order for society to work I believe there has to be a transcendent moral order; individualism as a philosophy therefore benefits the left on the whole more than the right.

But Objective Realism is Laissez Faire.

She was an anarchist, that's about as far left as it gets according to the post-French Revolution definition of left versus right. She believed n complete individualism and "being whoever you want to be", much like the French Revolutionaries, and their heirs which include transgender and pedophile advocates.

"Individualism" is actually left-wing despite it being associated with the modern right; the Founders believed in individual freedom from excessive govt control, but not extreme individualism as a life philosophy.

You better read anarchism and libertarianism, friend. You are mixing some terminology and definitions.
I'm referring to left and right by the classical defintions used during the French Revolution.

The founders for example wanted small federal govt, but didn't believe in radical individualism as a way to life, they believed in inherent rights and obligations.

Ayn Rand believed that the person should just "be whatever they want to be, do whatever they want" and that there was no moral truth beyond what "feels good", so socially she was a far leftist - she just supported fiscal conservatism because she thought it was consistent with her views (unlike modern progressives who support big government when they believe it will even out and inequal wealth or status quo).

But Objective Realism is Laissez Faire.
Many Laissez Faire people just don't believe the government should intervene with force, but they don't advocate extreme individualism as a life philosophy like Rand did.

(The radical pro-abortion arguments are more or less identical to Rand's views, for example).

I see a lot of babbling assertion, but with no solid evidence of Rand's philosophy linked to clear and convincing evidence.

Begin at the begin, please.

They turned a couple of her books into movies.

Never read the books, but I enjoyed the movies.
You did yourself a huge favor not reading Atlas Shrugged. Having spent a lot of years rubbing elbows with Libertarians, I finally picked it up one day. 273 years later, I finished it. At least it felt like 273 years.

The most boring, droning, repetitive book in the history of the world. Reading it to the end is like hitting yourself on the head with a hammer over and over until you are hitting yourself on the head because you can't remember a time when you weren't hitting yourself on the head and so you think you have to keep going.

"Well, I've already invested 149 years of my life to this thing, I wouldn't want that to have been wasted! I must finish!"

I see a lot of babbling assertion, but with no solid evidence of Rand's philosophy linked to clear and convincing evidence.

Begin at the begin, please.
Here's a few quotes:

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others

Sounds like a left-wing 2nd or 3rd wave feminist to me who's discontent with being submissive and wants to be a man.

Ask yourself whether the dream of heaven and greatness should be waiting for us in our graves - or whether it should be ours here and now and on this earth.

Sounds like a typical liberal who believes life is meaningless and that they can achieve salvation through worldly trivialities.

Individual rights are the means of subordinating society to moral law.

Sounds like a typical liberal who believes individuals should just "be who ever they want to be" and aren't obligated to any moral duties, if they want to cut their genitals off, or abort a healthy baby, it's their "right" according to her.

--

So other than her distain for big government and income redistribution, she sounds like a typical progressive atheist to me.

You miserable piece of shit.

She supported radical uncompromising individual liberty, Capitalism and free enterprise.

How the fuck did she support CLASSICAL LIBERALISM while SIMULTANEOUSLY being a far left anarchist?

Suck my rod you stupid fucktard.

You miserable piece of shit.

She supported radical uncompromising individual liberty, Capitalism and free enterprise.
Individual liberty from the federal government is different than advocating individualism on a personal level.

Individual personal liberty is just a way to legitimize degeneracy. Ayn Rand was essentially just a Satanist who wanted the government to give her the "freedom" to murder babies and be a whore.

How do the fuck did she support CLASSICAL LIBERALISM while SIMULTANEOUSLY being a far left anarchist?
She was just a radical social leftist (who happened to supported small government), her worldview was identical to those of far leftists and feminists, she just didn't believe the govt should give her a hand in it, which is in someways a step up from progressives who want their degeneracies subsidized, but not much.

Suck my rod you stupid fucktard.

Hehehe

Forum List

Back