Why do RW'ers keep on stating that there are 90 million unemployed?

On various threads touting the good news (good news for ALL of us) some moronic right wingers keep on stating that there are 90 million people "out of work".....Do these imbeciles realize that if that were so our unemployment rate would be about 30%?

Are these nitwits counting retired people, stay-at-home men and women, the severely disabled, etc.?

And, do these same nitwits realize that if they keep on harping on "90 million people out of work" the very same condition will have to be defended under a Trump administration?
95,100,000 to be exact.....

We don't...we now say 95 million who are no longer looking for work....

Yes, with the implication that employment numbers are much worse than they actually are. Will you judge employment rates under Trump by the same standards you have been trying to use? I somehow doubt that.

Yes, with the implication that employment numbers are much worse than they actually are. Will you judge employment rates under Trump by the same standards you have been trying to use? I somehow doubt that.
Employment would be negative this month if Obama didn't park the unemployed in the 95,000,000.....

I have heard no one make such a claim, but I have heard liberals manipulate and skew what has been said, which is that there is 95 million not in the WORKFORCE.

When we had this discussion the other day we got to a point where liberals finally agreed that at least approximately 8 million of those are Americans who are unemployed because they gave up trying to find work that does not exist...and that these 8 million, listed as 'not in the worforce' rather than 'unemployed' are not included in the calculations to come up with the official unemployment rate.

What numbers do you base that o
U6. Last I read, it was 17.something%

There was a spike caused by the recession that caused it to jump that high but after Obama reversed that he had a positive job rate growth throughout the rest of his presidency. U6, even though it has never been considered the official unemployment rate, is now at 9.3
u6-unemployment-rate-2016-12-03-macrotrends.png

There was a spike caused by the recession that caused it to jump that high but after Obama reversed that he had a positive job rate growth throughout the rest of his presidency. U6, even though it has never been considered the official unemployment rate, is now at 9.3
View attachment 100668
Yes....the new 58 hour work week was pure fascist Obama genius.....:lol:

I have heard no one make such a claim, but I have heard liberals manipulate and skew what has been said, which is that there is 95 million not in the WORKFORCE.

When we had this discussion the other day we got to a point where liberals finally agreed that at least approximately 8 million of those are Americans who are unemployed because they gave up trying to find work that does not exist...and that these 8 million, listed as 'not in the worforce' rather than 'unemployed' are not included in the calculations to come up with the official unemployment rate.
First of all, it is 5,524,000 not 8 million.
Secondly, it was 5,866,000 when Bush left office, so it has gone DOWN under Obama.
And finally, they were never included in the calculations of the official UE rate for Reagan, or Bush or any other president in history, and you will stop bitching about them if they go up under Tramp.

Hillary lost and It doesn't matter. Obama used the IRS to punish political enemies and God only knows what fudged data his labor dept is using. Drain the swamp and make the federal government honest again. .

View attachment 100668

Not sure what you are talking about, but since most of your crap is made up anyway, I don't care.

View attachment 100668

Not sure what you are talking about, but since most of your crap is made up anyway, I don't care.
Of course you don't....don't ever think anyone does....:lol:

On various threads touting the good news (good news for ALL of us) some moronic right wingers keep on stating that there are 90 million people "out of work".....Do these imbeciles realize that if that were so our unemployment rate would be about 30%?

Are these nitwits counting retired people, stay-at-home men and women, the severely disabled, etc.?

And, do these same nitwits realize that if they keep on harping on "90 million people out of work" the very same condition will have to be defended under a Trump administration?
Oh no Nat That number will shrink greatly when dump takes office Everyone knows republicans are natural born liars

View attachment 100668

Of course you don't....don't ever think anyone does....:lol:

You are probably right. I don't think many care what you say anyway.

October 15, 2013
RUSH: We've got a lot of people -- look, 90 million Americans -- I love to put it this way 'cause I think it's the proper perspective. Ninety million Americans are not working, Donna, but they're eating. What does that mean? That's over 10 New York Cities that are not working. But they're eating, which means somebody's buying their sustenance, and that somebody is somebody else, is the government. They are eating.

So, why the fuck is THAT a problem?
Because those who ARE working are putting food on their table and cash in their pocket. If they're not working, how do you think they're surviving? SOMEBODY'S paying their way.

The larger that number grows, the fewer Americans are keeping them afloat.

Lowering that number helps all of us.
So when the number increases to over 100 million under Tramp will you admit he is a LOSER helping no one???

So, why the fuck is THAT a problem?
Because those who ARE working are putting food on their table and cash in their pocket. If they're not working, how do you think they're surviving? SOMEBODY'S paying their way.

The larger that number grows, the fewer Americans are keeping them afloat.

Lowering that number helps all of us.
So when the number increases to over 100 million under Tramp will you admit he is a LOSER helping no one???
Ever hear trump admit he's wrong?? Repub butt kissers are the same Ever hear them apologize for GWB???

First of all, it is 5,524,000 not 8 million.
Secondly, it was 5,866,000 when Bush left office, so it has gone DOWN under Obama.
And finally, they were never included in the calculations of the official UE rate for Reagan, or Bush or any other president in history, and you will stop bitching about them if they go up under Tramp.
No, I won't.

Try sticking to speaking for yourself because you suck at trying to speak for me.

Actually, unemployment may spike initially under President Trump since the tens of millions who gave up looking for work under Obama will start looking. Remember, the "unemployed" includes those LOOKING. May take a little time for the newly created jobs to catch upbwith demand

When the economy is firing on all cylinders and unemployment is low, you have to invent a reason to change course. You need to find people who are not happy, so you look for oddballs, racists, social misfits and atavistic, paranoid morons.

But you also look for people at the bottom of the wage system - people who struggle no matter how well the economy is doing. You promise these people better jobs and higher wages (as you quietly get your ties made in Mexico and steel from China). Meaning, these people are stuck in low wage jobs partly because Trump and the business class do not want to pay higher rates to bring their goods to market. Worse: Trump has surround himself by ultra wealthy bankers and business insiders who not only benefit from the low wages of globalization, but who have spent their professional lives creating a world where they can scour the globe for the cheapest labor and resources.

Trump isn't going to bring back the Liberal postwar years when unions protected wages, and capital was prevented from trading with tyrannical, freedom-hating regimes offering US corporations MASSIVE profits (through cheap labor and resources). He is staffing his cabinet, the treasury and advisory staff with the masters of globalization - and they are going to hand out more goodies to the elite than we've ever seen. But it gets better: they are going to shred the safety nets of poor workers to make room for even bigger tax breaks at the top. People in the rust belt who voted for Trump are going to retire with decimated Medicare or Social Security benefits. Poverty will return to the elderly in ways we haven't seen since the 1920s.

But here is the rule.

When the numbers hurt your political chances (like the current unemployment rate), you have to make up different numbers. This isn't complicated.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back